Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Got a new car, pics inside (C5 and Viper content)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That body style of Viper in dark blue with white stripes is one of my dream cars.

Great looking cars, OP!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Early GTSs are by far my favorite Viper, and probably one of my favorite cars! Very nice car!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great. Familiar too, saw it for sale on 6Spd. 2-3 months ago. Clean car!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

To all those who commented on the wheels, they aint so pretty no more. Today some woman decided to change lanes when I was right next to her. She merged right in to me, I slammed on the brakes, no abs so wheels locked up, I hit the curb and she drives away. After getting out to make sure the cars was driveable I followed her for a few miles before she finally pulled over. She said "oh i'm sorry I didn't see you, I didn't hear you honking at me for miles either because I have my radio up." Then she had the gall to say "you must have been driving too fast and came up on me too quick which is why I didn't see you." I wasn't speeding at all. Some people...

Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ That sucks....but it could have been much worse.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

That does suck but a little curb rash is better than a totaled new car..
Old 06-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch...not cool at all. One of the things that always bothered me about my Camaro was that I deleted the ABS. I don't care who you are, if you panic, those brakes are going on full blast, and they will lock up on you. Good job on not killing the lady that pulled out in front of you. I would have been pissed.

Something very similar happened to me when I lived in FL...lady pulls out in front of me, I slam the brakes and manage to avoid her for the most part (her front bumper barely kissed my rear bumper). She just proceeded to drive on, so I ran her down, and forced her to pull over. I called the cops, and they came out within about 15 minutes. She kept telling the cop that she didn't see me, and that I must have been speeding. The cop wasn't going to cite her until I pointed out the paint she left on the side of my back bumper, and was able to match it up with her front bumper. The cop gave me the option of just swapping insurance information, or citing her. I told him to issue her the ticket since she tried so hard to say that I was the one at fault. Still makes my blood boil to this day.

Good luck getting it fixed...I'll be getting my wheels refinished shortly due to a tire shop that didn't have the skills to mount my new tires without scratching the **** out of them.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Ouch...not cool at all. One of the things that always bothered me about my Camaro was that I deleted the ABS. I don't care who you are, if you panic, those brakes are going on full blast, and they will lock up on you. Good job on not killing the lady that pulled out in front of you. I would have been pissed.

Something very similar happened to me when I lived in FL...lady pulls out in front of me, I slam the brakes and manage to avoid her for the most part (her front bumper barely kissed my rear bumper). She just proceeded to drive on, so I ran her down, and forced her to pull over. I called the cops, and they came out within about 15 minutes. She kept telling the cop that she didn't see me, and that I must have been speeding. The cop wasn't going to cite her until I pointed out the paint she left on the side of my back bumper, and was able to match it up with her front bumper. The cop gave me the option of just swapping insurance information, or citing her. I told him to issue her the ticket since she tried so hard to say that I was the one at fault. Still makes my blood boil to this day.

Good luck getting it fixed...I'll be getting my wheels refinished shortly due to a tire shop that didn't have the skills to mount my new tires without scratching the **** out of them.
I definitely let her have it verbally. I'm constantly worrying about having to slam on the brakes without abs. I just don't have enough experience with the car to really get a feel for when they'll lock up. I'm kind of considering buying some bald tires and doing braking tests to figure out lock up.

I don't get your story, she pulled out in front of you, you slammed on the brakes, and her FRONT bumper hit your REAR bumper? Either way, call me sexist but women just don't pay as much attention while driving. About a week ago a woman did the same thing (tried to merge into my lane while I was next to her) but luckily fixed herself when I got on the horn. If you can't notice a loud red viper what will you notice.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Yeah...she was coming from a side street, and trying to cross 4 lanes to go into a parking lot directly across from the street she was on. She's coming from the left, and I'm in the far right lane...once I see what she's doing, I swerved right, which was thankfully the entrance to the parking lot she was trying to get into, so I didn't slam into a curb. Unfortunately, she was still going while I was swerving to miss her, so she ended up barely touching the side of my rear bumper with the front of hers. I think I was the most pissed that she just kept right on going like nothing had happened.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Viper>vette
Old 06-24-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quit talking about hurting your Vipers you're making me sad. BTW the first production 2013 Viper sold for $300k. Quite a bargain since the first ZR1 was $1m
Old 06-24-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bamalt1
Quit talking about hurting your Vipers you're making me sad. BTW the first production 2013 Viper sold for $300k. Quite a bargain since the first ZR1 was $1m
Saw that yesterday, I was expecting $500K. Amazing car and the money went to a great cause as well..
Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
To all those who commented on the wheels, they aint so pretty no more. Today some woman decided to change lanes when I was right next to her. She merged right in to me, I slammed on the brakes, no abs so wheels locked up, I hit the curb and she drives away. After getting out to make sure the cars was driveable I followed her for a few miles before she finally pulled over. She said "oh i'm sorry I didn't see you, I didn't hear you honking at me for miles either because I have my radio up." Then she had the gall to say "you must have been driving too fast and came up on me too quick which is why I didn't see you." I wasn't speeding at all. Some people...

if they are 3 piece ccws you could probably get it fixed for about 500 bucks if not less. yea it sucks (happened to me also) but if it bugs you with the looks, the entire wheel isnt damaged
Old 06-24-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Yeah...she was coming from a side street, and trying to cross 4 lanes to go into a parking lot directly across from the street she was on. She's coming from the left, and I'm in the far right lane...once I see what she's doing, I swerved right, which was thankfully the entrance to the parking lot she was trying to get into, so I didn't slam into a curb. Unfortunately, she was still going while I was swerving to miss her, so she ended up barely touching the side of my rear bumper with the front of hers. I think I was the most pissed that she just kept right on going like nothing had happened.
Same here. I would have been a lot more calm if she stopped right away and didn't make me chase her.

Originally Posted by bamalt1
I would never hurt my viper, it's only liberals and women that want to do that.

Originally Posted by my bandit
if they are 3 piece ccws you could probably get it fixed for about 500 bucks if not less. yea it sucks (happened to me also) but if it bugs you with the looks, the entire wheel isnt damaged
I assume they're 3 piece wheels but I'm not sure. Either way I expect the woman's insurance to just pay for a new wheel. I would like to avoid the down time of sending it back to CCW to have them fix it while I roll around on the factory donut spare if I can.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

If those are the SP600s I think they are, then those are one piece.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are sp600s. I'll call ccw tomorrow, maybe if I have to buy one they can give me some sort of core charge for my old one....
Old 06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Junkie

^Yep their one piece.

Quick Reply: Got a new car, pics inside (C5 and Viper content)