Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

ZL1 and GT500 at the track...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correction to above, the mods were:

GT- email tune(good for ~20rwhp) and new fluids
ZL1- upgraded heat exchanger and better gears.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by evolve
New fluids. Thats it. He had a tune, but removed it for this race. Even put the stock tires back on.
dam, that's cool.

it would be cool to see if he could get a race with the camaro not having problems. but then again, if the camaro's stock, and i thought you mentioned that that camaro driver was the second or third that's said te same thing about heat problems?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Teching In

It seems to be common in the Z, unless youre a magazine driver...
Old 06-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said a 10 second car.

Not a 10 minute car.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

New fluids. Thats it. He had a tune, but removed it for this race. Even put the stock tires back on.
Wonder how much changing to better fluids would help a car like the gt500 especially the brake fluid and coolant.

Evolve check out my new sig.......ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firebird99
wonder how much changing to better fluids would help a car like the gt500 especially the brake fluid and coolant.

Evolve check out my new sig.......rotflmao!!!!!!!
Thats what Im talkin bout
Old 07-01-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Wonder how much changing to better fluids would help a car like the gt500 especially the brake fluid and coolant.

Evolve check out my new sig.......ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
THAT'S IT!!!! YOU'RE GENIUS!!!!!!

all the camaro owner has to do, is to change his fluids too!!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Full Video.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Another update: Erik at Torq just said the were running high boost. He didnt specify, but he said much higher than stock.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Another update: Erik at Torq just said the were running high boost. He didnt specify, but he said much higher than stock.
that kinda sucks....would've been more interesting to see stock to stock......
Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 AM

This is at homestead I love that track. What time did u hit? Did u go to the may 22 hpde with NASA by any chance?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
THAT'S IT!!!! YOU'RE GENIUS!!!!!!

all the camaro owner has to do, is to change his fluids too!!!!
Lol........this guy always looking for a chance to spoon someone. I was talking about all fluids to help the car and it's parts run cooler and brake better since there was a issue that could have been a car specific problem and not as a whole.(brakes)
Ahh... guess their upgraded cooler cant keep up with (much) higher boost levels but I guess you could still call it R&D for him. Guess its time to go back and try again.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

Lol........this guy always looking for a chance to spoon someone. I was talking about all fluids to help the car and it's parts run cooler and brake better since there was a issue that could have been a car specific problem and not as a whole.(brakes)

Ahh... guess their upgraded cooler cant keep up with (much) higher boost levels but I guess you could still call it R&D for him. Guess its time to go back and try again.

the thing here though, is how(if the other guy felt the need to put a better heat exchanger on his zl) did the magazines not notice this problem, whilst at the same time noticing serious braking problems, that so far, as of one report don't exist?
and when you thnik of it, the 013 uses nearly the same braking system as the zl, so being slightly lighter, those problems should be gone.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Anything done to the Torq car? Seems like its decently even on the straights (until the heatsoak issue), more than I thought it would be anyways.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Anything done to the Torq car? Seems like its decently even on the straights (until the heatsoak issue), more than I thought it would be anyways.
it looked like the shelby was closing the gap......VERY VERY slowly on the straights, before the heatsoak problem. what did surprise me, was that it looked like the shelby was closing the gap faster in the turns, also before the heatsoak issue.

i wonder if this heatsoak issue had anything to do with the delay in delivering them a few months ago? or if it's gonna be a common problem, that the magazine writers just happened to miss.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

ALmost forgot....at least you've got a good enough line on me to know when i'm screwing around now.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the thing here though, is how(if the other guy felt the need to put a better heat exchanger on his zl) did the magazines not notice this problem, whilst at the same time noticing serious braking problems, that so far, as of one report don't exist?
and when you thnik of it, the 013 uses nearly the same braking system as the zl, so being slightly lighter, those problems should be gone.
Not to take away from the driver or the car but after thinking about it the only time the "brake fade" came into to play was with a pro driver beating it on a much harder track then homestead that doesn't have the long straights to allow time to cool. Like I said no bashing just tossing around some ideas.

Now for the heat soak issue we now know that it was with "much" higher boost levels so I'm sure he's trying his hardest to test his product which judging by this might need some tweaks. I'm curious to see what happens to the GT500 when they start turning up the boost on track days might have the same problem and since it's not the same as the older gt500 we can only hope it can keep things in check.
ALmost forgot....at least you've got a good enough line on me to know when i'm screwing around now.
Yeah we bumped heads early on but we have come to a common ground well sorta were both cars guys but you drive a girls car.....LOL..JK... or am I?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Not to take away from the driver or the car but after thinking about it the only time the "brake fade" came into to play was with a pro driver beating it on a much harder track then homestead that doesn't have the long straights to allow time to cool. Like I said no bashing just tossing around some ideas.

Now for the heat soak issue we now know that it was with "much" higher boost levels so I'm sure he's trying his hardest to test his product which judging by this might need some tweaks. I'm curious to see what happens to the GT500 when they start turning up the boost on track days might have the same problem and since it's not the same as the older gt500 we can only hope it can keep things in check.

Yeah we bumped heads early on but we have come to a common ground well sorta were both cars guys but you drive a girls car.....LOL..JK... or am I?

go back and look at the articles again. virtually every reviewer mentioned brakes. even that ignition guy, before they took it to arizona for randy pobst to drive. but then again, pobst didn't mention braking problems there.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

I would guess probably better off not even wasting your time pullying the Z with heat soak hitting that fast and hard. Just get it over with and put a bigger supercharger on that thing already!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

rather than start yet another thread on this.......vid i just found of lethal performance shelby vs torq's zl1. mods are listed under video.

Quick Reply: ZL1 and GT500 at the track...