Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

C6-z06 vs. 06 Viper, 08 Viper, 996 Porsche, Supra... etc

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
RC's car moves out...a cammed C6Z is no joke. I've been curious to see how his car would fare after reading about his mods on the Viper forum. I doubt I'll ever get there with mine, but it's nice to see what they can do.

Yep. We are about dead even when I do not have a passenger in the car.

Myself, another z06, and RC are going to go three wide, on Drag Radials to see who comes out ahead.

Going to be fun.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Almost picked up a Copperhead 06 Coupe.... really wish I would have.
After watching your vids I kinda wish I had picked up a c6z. I thought those vipers would have pulled you hard. Even if I put a blower on and make mid 600s I still won't be able to keep up with a cammed z. 8.0l v10 fail.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
After watching your vids I kinda wish I had picked up a c6z. I thought those vipers would have pulled you hard. Even if I put a blower on and make mid 600s I still won't be able to keep up with a cammed z. 8.0l v10 fail.

white 06 needs a driver mod :o
Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice vids, and beautiful cars. That supra is a beast!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
Look for Nine Ball's build on the Viper Forum...he gives a pretty good summary of why this happens, and what he had to do to fix it. The Paxton on a stock Gen III engine makes good peak numbers, but they don't make it until the very end of the RPM range, so when they go to shift, the power falls way off. The simple solution is to add boost, but then you are looking at building an engine and a fuel system, and that ain't cheap. That's when a lack of forged internals really starts to show its ugly face.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe guy in the viper owns Mighty Mouses' old car. He goes by the name of Flash. Has a very fast yellow C6 as well.

I knew who he was I was just playing around I just rememberd his face from my facebook's page.

Keep the vids coming man

Look for Nine Ball's build on the Viper Forum...he gives a pretty good summary of why this happens, and what he had to do to fix it. The Paxton on a stock Gen III engine makes good peak numbers, but they don't make it until the very end of the RPM range, so when they go to shift, the power falls way off. The simple solution is to add boost, but then you are looking at building an engine and a fuel system, and that ain't cheap. That's when a lack of forged internals really starts to show its ugly face.

I agree NineBall's Viper was built perfectly.
Boost level, transmission ratio, Compression, Cam its running as Blown Viper should be.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I remember reading some of his build thread. IIRC he said it had something to do with the Paxton fuel system? I obviously don't know much about gen 3 motors but even as is I would imagine it won't hold up too long if it continues to be run hard at 650rwhp.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Teching In

nice runs any from a dig?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Notch
nice runs any from a dig?
I am in dire need of a clutch. A few of us will be going out soon to run from a dig. We will get those back to you.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Good job your car runs hard
Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Yep. We are about dead even when I do not have a passenger in the car.

Myself, another z06, and RC are going to go three wide, on Drag Radials to see who comes out ahead.

Going to be fun.
Have the 3 of you raced again ? Iam verey interested to know how you did against RCC viper. RCC viper is doing great iam verey impressed.
Not too many gen IV races available on YouTube specially the moded ones with ported heads.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09redviper
Not too many gen IV races available on YouTube specially the moded ones with ported heads.
There just aren't many Gen IVs out there period, although my car's twin lives within about 10 miles of me (I do a double take every time I see it wondering if someone stole mine).

Quick Reply: C6-z06 vs. 06 Viper, 08 Viper, 996 Porsche, Supra... etc