Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krazybob
how much hp do those KB SC's put out?
usually around 650 RWHP I believe
Old 04-28-2004, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that mustang is awesome

Anybody know the estimated total cost in mods on that cobra?

where's unit213, maybe he knows?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jorday
wow that mustang is awesome

Anybody know the estimated total cost in mods on that cobra?

where's unit213, maybe he knows?
Probably around 7 grand, it's probably stock internally which is pretty awesome.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Blades, Nice job putting that together! The music and scene switches were a good combo. :thumbsup:

On the negative side, my goodness, that's the first Z06 that I've seen driven by someone with a ricer mentality. "See ya!", whatever. He barely pulled and spoke with arrogance n:
Old 04-28-2004, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice vid!I don't mind saying that if I didn't own a f-body I WOULD own a 03 Cobra, Sonic blue if you please. I have alot of respect for Cobras.As soon as you don't repect it it will bite you and that venom stings for a long time. Then I pick myself up and smack around machs and gt's and all is well again!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by griffin
First off let me say the N20 isn't hooked up yet. With that said, I want to thank you guys for being so down to earth about the race. I was having issues with the car for the past week and told the Z06 owner I would run him just to see how she would do as she was running that night. Found out the next morning while checking my plugs for any signs of detonation that 2 of my vacuum lines were disconnected. one of which was the fuel regulator vacuum line which tells the fuel sensor how much fuel pressure to apply at any given RPM. This is why the car was falling on it's face up top. no fuel to support the HP.

The race was for fun so it doesn't matter either way.

And to the guy who said I could barely keep up~ It is so sad to see someone have so much devotion to one label/brand that it has you so blinded reality as we know it is scewed for you. Contrary to what some muscle car magazines have lead you to believe there are actually other fast cars out there besides the LS1 platform. I would take the blinders off ASAP before you find yourself getting pulled by one.... And my license plate is in no way, shape or form disrepectful torwards the LS1. Go read my posts over at Ls1.com before you judge me as a person based off a stupid piece of metal.

Later~

Griff... You better pull the blinders off and see that 03-04 cobras aren't the fastest things on the road especially when pulling up along side a modded LSanything. I have plenty of respect for any type of car, no matter the nameplate on it. Yeah I love the LS1 but I know there is always someone/thing faster. I have plenty of Turbo mustangs around here to look up too, you might now some of the names, John- Urist Racing, he's a local, Mike Keenan, Anthony Dickson, who is running awesome times- 7.99@176 in LV with his HP Performance turbo powered ride all those dudes are local and are always at the dyno, cool guys and cool cars. As for being pulled by a 03 04 cobra, Let them try I haven't lost yet. Yep there is always someone faster but I haven't found him yet.
But stick to LS1tech and not the sorry ls1.com site and I will judge you to be a little better

Mario, yep you should stop defending stangs already and buy one, I see you are selling the s/c'ed Z. Have fun, HP performance here in NM makes decent priced turbo kits for them stangs that perform awesome too.
But the ricer comment? I was just stating the obvious 8psi to 19psi, which wasn't an excuse as the corvette beat him.

I love the new cobras and have more videos of them than LS1/LT1 fbodies here on the old hard drive and even have a few MM and FF here on the coffee table
J

Last edited by frcefed98; 04-28-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Mario, yep you should stop defending stangs already and buy one, I see you are selling the s/c'ed Z. Have fun, HP performance here in NM makes decent priced turbo kits for them stangs that perform awesome too.
But the ricer comment? I was just stating the obvious 8psi to 19psi, which wasn't an excuse as the corvette beat him.
I'd love an '03/'04 Cobra with a KB twin screw, but unfortunately I doubt I'd be able to sell my Z for that... so I'm staying with another LT1 and building a 396.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great video both cars are amazing. The driver of the vette was being a little bit ricer(ok acting very ricer ). From the way he held up though you gotta respect his driving abilities. I personally wouldn't take the license plate thing to heart too much. Anyone who would put a plate like ls1kilr on obviously realises the abilities of the ls1 and respects it. Otherwise they wouldn't be out to beat the car. That just lets me know the driver of the stang knows what an LS1 is.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to see you stick with the LT1 Mario, My bro has a new in the crate 396 LT1 low compression long block from Nutek that he might be selling....perfect for the blower you have. I can put you two intouch if you want.
J
Old 04-28-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Glad to see you stick with the LT1 Mario, My bro has a new in the crate 396 LT1 low compression long block from Nutek that he might be selling....perfect for the blower you have. I can put you two intouch if you want.
J
Yeah I'm stickin with GM for now. The plan is to go high compression, 11.5:1-12:1 and run a 200-250 shot of gas, AFRs and a solid roller. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it
Old 04-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Teching In

First of all, as far as being a ricer is concerned, I'd have to agree that the Z06 driver's comment was totally uncalled for since that mustang obviously had some *****. HOWEVER, putting a tag that says ls1kilr on your car is pretty ricey to me. May just be my opinion, but if you "kill" LS1's (or claim to by your tag) and then get beat by one (no matter the margin) then don't be surprised if the other driver smears your face in it. Now, I will give my respect to that mustang, that was a damn good video and probably the best race I have seen, even better than the stroked ZR1 (man, you could hear that ZR1 rev to the sky!! ) How much do the mustangs weigh? I would definitely say that the vette's aerodynamics started helping it out, but still, amazing race and amazing cars
Old 04-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Teching In

The Z06 has an LS6 in it, not an LS1, which I'm sure you know. Either way, he has no reason to rub anythin in my face. If you would have heard all the talk coming from him before the runs it should have been me doing the rubbing. And there is no need for me to take the blinders off. I know damn well how bad the Ls1 platform is and have been in some good runs with some mighty strong Ls1s over the past few months. Does the 150 shot LS1 ring a bell? I am still trying to get his heel out of my a$$ Getting the plate was meant for a joke between me and all of my LS1 buddies, but it is quite apparent alot of LS1 owners take it very personal. Why? I have no idea. It is a piece of metal and It's not like I am calling your wife a hooker. I will never understand why so many people take this stuff so seriously. My main objective when I go out running is to meet new people and hopefully make some new friends. Winning or losing a race is irrelevant to me, as long as I have fun.

Thanks again for all of the compliments on my car and look forward to posting more vids and meeting more people on this site.

Take care,

Griffin
Old 04-29-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by griffin
The Z06 has an LS6 in it, not an LS1, which I'm sure you know. Either way, he has no reason to rub anythin in my face. If you would have heard all the talk coming from him before the runs it should have been me doing the rubbing. And there is no need for me to take the blinders off. I know damn well how bad the Ls1 platform is and have been in some good runs with some mighty strong Ls1s over the past few months. Does the 150 shot LS1 ring a bell? I am still trying to get his heel out of my a$$ Getting the plate was meant for a joke between me and all of my LS1 buddies, but it is quite apparent alot of LS1 owners take it very personal. Why? I have no idea. It is a piece of metal and It's not like I am calling your wife a hooker. I will never understand why so many people take this stuff so seriously. My main objective when I go out running is to meet new people and hopefully make some new friends. Winning or losing a race is irrelevant to me, as long as I have fun.

Thanks again for all of the compliments on my car and look forward to posting more vids and meeting more people on this site.

Take care,

Griffin
word, but the LS6 is an LS1. Just like an LT4 is an LT1 and a 2V and 4V are both mod motors.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Teching In

You know what I mean
Old 05-22-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

19lbs of boost compared to 8lbs of boost. Now which car is sick? Poor cobra could barely keep up. If I remember right that cobra has N2O in the trunk too. Givin it respect? If I ran a car with LS1kilr on the plate and I put the hurt on him, he wouldn't get no respect from me AT ALL.
yes now if you up the boost to 19 on the vette you would have missed the ls1kill plate anyway but the fords still got a 289 so hes gunna have to put out extra to keep up....chevy realized the 4 cam motors were a waste way back in 93 when they can get the same out of a single cam....but with a blower on a zr1 350/4 cam you will **** on heads and that is a different story