Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

lambo ricer flyby denied

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

hows it a fly by? lol. the lambo sped up trying to get on his side, and before he could the vette took off... hard to tell what was going on the second time, but he didn't really seem to be trying for a race, and it certainly wasn't a fly by being that he got even with him and was just keeping pace, and then the Z took off... there was no flyby in this video.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard the Lambo downshift... And he was gaining ground extremely fast until the Z kicked it. You can even see his RPMs briefly around 40-44 seconds and it is wrapped pretty high.

In the second one you see Lambo drop at least 2 gears.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I do agree though... Definitely no fly by. LOL
Old 07-25-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm always a bit suspicious of some people's kill stories. I think a lot of people think someone else is racing them when really only one side knows about the "race" lol. the other car is just doing a little spirited non-competitive driving. and then they get on the boards and tell of their epic "win" against a lighter/ more powerful/ more expensive car lol
Old 07-25-2013, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
I'm always a bit suspicious of some people's kill stories. I think a lot of people think someone else is racing them when really only one side knows about the "race" lol. the other car is just doing a little spirited non-competitive driving. and then they get on the boards and tell of their epic "win" against a lighter/ more powerful/ more expensive car lol
I'm suspicious of your skepticism...the video was taken from the Gallardo, not the Vette. It was clear to everyone the fly-by was attempted except you (did you watch the same video with the volume on - Gallardo clearly downshifted to fly-by the Vette on the inside).

Vette owner has yet to post here about his "kill" or even on the posted video. Gallardo video poster thought he was beat by a ZR1, when it was clearly a modded Z06. Maybe posting it as a ZR1 makes it easier to take? Can't seem to understand why you're butthurt that this Vette schooled the Gallardo? When the C6Z came out in '06 there was another video of a stock C6Z pulling an E-gear Gallardo - not a raping like this, but even a stock Z will take an E-gear V10.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
I'm suspicious of your skepticism...the video was taken from the Gallardo, not the Vette. It was clear to everyone the fly-by was attempted except you (did you watch the same video with the volume on - Gallardo clearly downshifted to fly-by the Vette on the inside).

Vette owner has yet to post here about his "kill" or even on the posted video. Gallardo video poster thought he was beat by a ZR1, when it was clearly a modded Z06. Maybe posting it as a ZR1 makes it easier to take? Can't seem to understand why you're butthurt that this Vette schooled the Gallardo? When the C6Z came out in '06 there was another video of a stock C6Z pulling an E-gear Gallardo - not a raping like this, but even a stock Z will take an E-gear V10.
lol no ones butthurt. just seems like logic is missing here. But, I'm aware this is an LS board so I should expect some bias..

clear to everyone the fly-by was attempted except you
-It would ONLY be a flyby if his intentions were to... you guessed it.. FLYBY. it would not be a flyby if he was just trying to get on his side! hell, he could have been trying to get on his side to throw the vette owner a thumbs up as a simple gesture of respect.

here's a simple question for anyone with a brain.. when will the lambo, driving 80mph, catch up to the vette, also driving 80mph? NEVER! This is simple logic here. If the vette is IN FRONT of the lambo, the lambo either has to speed up, or the vette has to slow down for them to get window to window. This is what the lambo was attempting the first go around, the same exact thing he did the second time. it was not a flyby attempt, it was an attempt to catch up and get on his side...

Vette owner has yet to post here about his "kill" or even on the posted video.
lol. where do you get this stuff? for one, I was joking when I said the vette owner probably posted about his lambo kill story... hence the "lol" at the end. Secondly, who are you to say that that hasn't happened? Do you know that Z06 driver? are you on every car forum where that story could have possibly been posted? For all either one of us knows, my joke could actually be true, over on the corvetteforum or some local forum.. but who knows. that wasn't my literal point. you do realize LS1tech is not the only place where Z06 owners post right? lol

Gallardo video poster thought he was beat by a ZR1, when it was clearly a modded Z06.
says who? the person who uploaded that video on that site is NOT the person who shot the video. just a person who found it somewhere else, and posted it up onto that site, giving HIS commentary/ title/ description... http://www.break.com/user/thedestroyer - those are the other videos that same user has uploaded... all of which are random viral, youtube, etc videos. THAT is the person who mislabeled it a ZR-1, and who labeled it as street racing

sorry for using logic and unbiased thoughts instead of swinging off the GM nuts at the fastest opportunity...
Old 07-25-2013, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn the volume up louder it is very clear that the lambo jumped on it and the vette walked away. I am not sure what the argument is here. A stock lambo and who knows what kind of modded vette that was, i am sure there are plenty of Z06's on here that could do the same.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Launching!

to me its pretty clear hes on the wood, you can hear him down shift then give it the beans.

they you can watch him pull twice on his flappy paddle gear box when he pulls along side.

gangrape
Old 07-25-2013, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

and I'd still take the Gallardo over the vette.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
and I'd still take the Gallardo over the vette.
Totally Agree.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Nice attempt at a fly-by, poor lambo still got crushed. Love it!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Video was so good, I had to view it twice...
Old 07-25-2013, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

I guess you're the only one who's hard of hearing in this thread....sorry crimson. And I'm just playing devil's advocate to your suspicions.

I'm not sure what your definition of attempted fly-by is, but the rest of us seem to get it. And I would also take a Gallardo over a C6, sexy cars, no question - just not that impressive until you put them under boost.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Is this more like it?

Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

sorry for NOT using logic OR unbiased thoughts AND swinging off Lamborghini's nuts at the fastest opportunity...
Fixed. Like everyone else said, it's very clear the Lamborghini drops to the best gear and floors it in an attempt to do a fly by. He had the hit and a good bit of momentum on the Z06 before the Z06 actually got on it, total rape.

Honestly, stock Gallardo's are pretty slow cars. Right around 400whp, and aren't they at least a couple hundred pounds heavier than a Z06?
Old 07-25-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Again.... Simply look at the RPMs on the Lambo... Then pay attention to him down shifting at minimum 2 gears on the second pull.

That Lambo is not that much faster at all than a stock Zo6, that car is definitely modded.

You can't deny he was extremely high in the RPM range (you can see and hear it) and he was gaining ground extremely faster when the Zo6 laid in it.
The second one turn the volume up and you can hear him get on it, after down shifting twice at least.
Once he kicks it, pay attention to the surroundings.. They definitely were picking up good speed.

That Zo6 just happened to be modded and walked all over the Lambo. A H/C Zo6 can easily hit 600Rwhp... What is so hard to believe?
Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm not sure what your definition of attempted fly-by is, but the rest of us seem to get it.
the rest of you are ASSUMING he was planning to drive BY. that's all I'm saying. take out that assumption, since it is based on nothing. Personally, I think he was simply trying to catch up/ get on the side of him (this is an assumption as well, but at least it is based on something we can see.. which is the fact that this exactly what he did the second time he got the chance). IF he really wanted to just flyby, why didn't he do it the second time? all he was trying to do was catch up, and yes he had to speed up to do that... looked like the Z06 ASSUMED the lambo was trying to race as well and decided to just show the lambo owner what he was working with.

I will give you the second run though, he did seem to be getting ready to run that time. And if he was in fact actually trying, then he got raped lol. but still, there was no flyby...

I've said nothing negative of corvettes, and nothing positive of lamorghini's, didn't say one was faster or slower than the other, so don't try to spin it that way.... go back and read what I said. just saying I don't think he was trying to flyby.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

He was WOT when the Zo6 took off in the first run... He was gaining ground fast and turning very high RPMs (nearly redline)... Even if he was just planning on coming up next to him, he never made it.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

hows it a fly by? lol. the lambo sped up trying to get on his side, and before he could the vette took off... hard to tell what was going on the second time, but he didn't really seem to be trying for a race, and it certainly wasn't a fly by being that he got even with him and was just keeping pace, and then the Z took off... there was no flyby in this video.
Bro, that lambo definitely tried to kick it when he pulled to the right of the z, getting a half second jump in the process. He proceeded to get freight-trained shortly after, lol. How do you not see this like the rest of us? It's actually really obvious.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First run was a poor attempt at a flyby. Second was a pretty good start to a race, they both hit it close to the same. Vette just grabbed this bull by the horns and gave him the 1-2 niner and stuck it where his rich *** wasn't expectin. Good video tho!

Quick Reply: lambo ricer flyby denied