Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

lambo ricer flyby denied

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013 | 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

maybe have someone translate it for you and figure it out.

lambo was definitely trying to just fly by the vette on first pull and then was probably shocked it actually got on it. both nice cars but the Z06 is obviously modded
Old 07-26-2013 | 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
the first time the lamborghini came up on the side of the Z06, the corvette took off before even letting the lambo get window to window to see what was up... weak. the second time he just got on the side of the vette, no signs of them attempting to race, and there was no real sign of him accelerating or really pushing it... didn't look like he was trying.

Looked more like the guys in the lambo were just having a good time out for a drive. Z06 owner looked like he was trying to prove something... probably went home, got on the computer and threw up his "lambo kill" story on the forums lol
I will have to go back and rewatch it. I had a completely different opinion of it but I very well could be wrong.
Old 07-26-2013 | 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I will have to go back and rewatch it. I had a completely different opinion of it but I very well could be wrong.
Yes I disagree. No worries though.
Old 07-26-2013 | 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What gear do you guys think he dropped to? 3rd? Looks about like a 65mph hit to me
Old 07-26-2013 | 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

hows it a fly by? lol. the lambo sped up trying to get on his side, and before he could the vette took off... hard to tell what was going on the second time, but he didn't really seem to be trying for a race, and it certainly wasn't a fly by being that he got even with him and was just keeping pace, and then the Z took off... there was no flyby in this video.
So... do you floor it to just get next to someone?
Old 07-26-2013 | 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
That's what I'm wondering. Man it would suck to own a super car and have to drop gears and floor it just to get by a window to give a thumbs up. Lol
Old 07-27-2013 | 08:17 AM
TECH Resident
15 Year Member

Crimson idk what video you watched or if you just get a kick out of standing out of the crowd and like knowing people are sitting at home reading your comments and gojng "whaaaatttt" but its clear what really took place here.
Old 07-27-2013 | 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Docrocket1967
Crimson idk what video you watched or if you just get a kick out of standing out of the crowd and like knowing people are sitting at home reading your comments and gojng "whaaaatttt" but its clear what really took place here.
Judging by the responses made by Crimson to my comments - pot = stirred
Old 07-27-2013 | 05:09 PM
TECH Resident
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Judging by the responses made by Crimson to my comments - pot = stirred
Lol ya. I tried to be as nice as i could on my post
Old 07-27-2013 | 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

i hate when iphone people dont turn their phones horizontal when recording.
Old 07-27-2013 | 08:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
yes, then you hit the brakes and catch back up, by then you should be at his window. Normal people slowly creep up so that they can be even right away.

I think the lambo was trying to "flyby" to show the vette owner that he was there, and then maybe coast back to race. But the vette didn't take it that way.
Old 07-27-2013 | 10:18 PM
Launching!

that was badass. borat got smoked
Old 07-27-2013 | 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by J LT1 TA
yes, then you hit the brakes and catch back up, by then you should be at his window. Normal people slowly creep up so that they can be even right away.

I think the lambo was trying to "flyby" to show the vette owner that he was there, and then maybe coast back to race. But the vette didn't take it that way.
I agree with that. The way the lambo was cutting cars to get up the vette knew what was up and didn't give him a chance to do a ricer fly by.
Old 07-28-2013 | 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

the rest of you are ASSUMING he was planning to drive BY. that's all I'm saying. take out that assumption, since it is based on nothing. Personally, I think he was simply trying to catch up/ get on the side of him (this is an assumption as well, but at least it is based on something we can see.. which is the fact that this exactly what he did the second time he got the chance). IF he really wanted to just flyby, why didn't he do it the second time? all he was trying to do was catch up, and yes he had to speed up to do that... looked like the Z06 ASSUMED the lambo was trying to race as well and decided to just show the lambo owner what he was working with.

I will give you the second run though, he did seem to be getting ready to run that time. And if he was in fact actually trying, then he got raped lol. but still, there was no flyby...

I've said nothing negative of corvettes, and nothing positive of lamorghini's, didn't say one was faster or slower than the other, so don't try to spin it that way.... go back and read what I said. just saying I don't think he was trying to flyby.
Your theory is LAME lol. Obviously was trying to do a flyby. Probably not a douche cuz he tried to race him the second time though.
Old 07-29-2013 | 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

They knew the vette was fast before they even downshifted to go by, before the guy catches up to the vette the guy in the vid says "that chevy is crazy".
Old 07-31-2013 | 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn that car moves...
Old 08-11-2013 | 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

the first time the lamborghini came up on the side of the Z06, the corvette took off before even letting the lambo get window to window to see what was up... weak. the second time he just got on the side of the vette, no signs of them attempting to race, and there was no real sign of him accelerating or really pushing it... didn't look like he was trying.

Looked more like the guys in the lambo were just having a good time out for a drive. Z06 owner looked like he was trying to prove something... probably went home, got on the computer and threw up his "lambo kill" story on the forums lol
That Lambo was definitely in the throttle and had downshifted trying to get the jump...

Old 08-15-2013 | 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

No fly by for you today. Nicely done vette, Nicely done.
Old 08-21-2013 | 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, such a nice video ruined by some very stupid posts. Because I remember I floored my car trying to pull up to my mail box. and I go wot when i parallel park. I am shocked that Crimson is seriously backing his theory.
Old 08-22-2013 | 09:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
I'm suspicious of your skepticism...the video was taken from the Gallardo, not the Vette. It was clear to everyone the fly-by was attempted except you (did you watch the same video with the volume on - Gallardo clearly downshifted to fly-by the Vette on the inside).

Vette owner has yet to post here about his "kill" or even on the posted video. Gallardo video poster thought he was beat by a ZR1, when it was clearly a modded Z06. Maybe posting it as a ZR1 makes it easier to take? Can't seem to understand why you're butthurt that this Vette schooled the Gallardo? When the C6Z came out in '06 there was another video of a stock C6Z pulling an E-gear Gallardo - not a raping like this, but even a stock Z will take an E-gear V10.

i watched my friends dad bone stock C6Z smoke a brand new Ferarri California, we looked up there 1/4 mile times and they only run a mid 12 sec 1/4 mile the California. Bone stock Z ran a 11.4 1/4. not the same as a lamb but pretty close

Quick Reply: lambo ricer flyby denied