Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Had a top fly off. go pro video!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed... But the rest of us knew nothing about that car.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Where in Florida are you? This run was at palm beach international raceway
Old 09-29-2013, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Right now I'm just outside Tampa. About 1hr from Desoto... Bradenton. I lived in WPB and raced at Moroso for years and instantly thought that was Moroso when the video started, but decided it must just be another closely setup track(being NHRA and all). It wasn't till you said Moroso that I looked at your location and took PSL into consideration... Port St LOUSY is what I used to call that. One of my sisters lived there for quite some time before moving to the Tallahassee area. I'm not sure which is worse!

Curious... Which company built that car? I'm not even sure who's building anything in that area anymore. Thunder, UPR... who knows who else. If Steve Lee or Jeremy Martorella built it, I'm not surprised a bit. Of course, someone like Ronnie Crawford may have built the engine if it's really been gone through.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:19 AM
11 Second Club

The motor for the stang? Not sure but MMR might have done it. Can't be sure bud. There are plenty of people that are building/tunning fast stuff over here. BBR is another one that does great work. Yeah I am originally from Boston. Been here 5yrs and we might move back to get to the next level for our careers. I like pbir its a nice track and is closed by.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

It's a nice track now... Back when I ran there regularly, it had a notable DIP about half track that would really scare some people. Plus, it had almost no concrete. I remember when it didn't really even have walls, but that was around 1980 and the only thing I raced then was dirt bikes. Good luck with moving up, but it seems in S. Florida, the only group that moves "up" are lawyers, drs.... and insurance writers... and Dr's are having trouble! Idonno, there's just a real lack of industry here and we're all about "service," which doesn't always pay well. Most of those in management do okay, but the majority either work really hard(and often in the heat and/or rain) or don't make much and many of those who work in the elements still don't make much. I'd consider Texas, NC or even Arizona or Nevada myself... Don't want the cold months and terrible traffic. Not that it doesn't get cold in those places, but not as..

Don't truly recall MMR or BBR. I haven't lived down there since English was still the primary language... more than 10yrs now.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah my wife and I are in the research and science fields. Boston is the place to be for it. Tons of medical and science companies.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

I'd have thought NY or PA or even OH or TX. Then again, you're used to Boston and I'd have to be paid millions to live there. I wouldn't go out of my way to choose PA or above in the NE because, if the other states don't suck enough on their own, you have to go through or over NY to get to 'em... unless you leave American soil, that is. PA just has too much stock in "jersey walls" for my liking. Well, that and Philly... I do like western PA.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You made it to LSXTv on Facebook lol
Old 10-02-2013, 05:16 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah its been everywhere. Yellow bullet. Lsxtv. Lsnation. Modmotorstangs. True streetcars. Gtspirit. Dragzine.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Video gone viral! lol Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Had a top fly off. go pro video!!!