TopGear Australia Beats On A Supercharged Holden HSV, AKA The G8 GXP

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TopGear Australia Beats On A Supercharged Holden HSV, AKA The G8 GXP

TopGear Australia Beats On A Supercharged Holden HSV, AKA The G8 GXP
By Justin Fivella

The US-spec Pontiac G8 GT and especially the GXP are gone, but they'll never be forgotten. In the wake of all this Lutz Pontiac talk (https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotiv...continued.html) I thought it was appropriate to post something about the company. Sadly Pontiac left us not long after the fabulous four-door rocket landed on our shores, but in the time it was here, well, it was one wicked ride!
I saw a tastefully modified G8 GT the other day and stopped to talk with the owner. A supercharger was lurking under the hood and plenty of bolt-ons. It inspired me to search for some cool G8 vids. Here's one from the land down under with a blown G8 (Holden) getting stupid sideways and burning plenty of rubber. Listen to that blower whine!
The G8 may be gone, but it will forever be remembered!

Look for the post on the main page later today.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a VXR8 (Holden HSV R8) here in the UK. It's one of 12 ever produced being an LS2 6.0 with a Harrop 122 supercharger fitted, kicking out 640bhp. It whines and kills rear tyres for fun!

Quick Reply: TopGear Australia Beats On A Supercharged Holden HSV, AKA The G8 GXP