Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by john j oliver
Everything works on the car regarding creature comforts. (With the exception of cruise control because I haven't hooked up the cable ). 'Will get to that later. ABS works, AC, power brakes, heat, power windows, etc. and on. the brakes are C5 12.8 in dia. up front and stock in the back. Slotted and cross drilled. Doing a conversion is difficult but doing a conversion with everything working is even a more of a challenge. (Note that the dates on the photos may be incorrect.)

I'm interested in the AC. Did you use the LS AC compressor and LT1 lines, or did you have to use LS1 lines?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AC compressor is stock LS1. I went to a local AC shop with the compressor, my LT1 lines, the LS1 lines, a box of cut to fix custom lines and ends, and with instructions from him and additional measurements they made up some new lines. The radiator is LT1. It took a couple of trips to the shop to get them correct. You have to find a AC tech that is willing to work with you. The guy I worked with, worked on buses so he was more than happy to work on a clean custom car. Especially since I was doing most of the work. After I got the AC plumed, I took it back and he vacuum and charged the system. No leaks and it works great.

Look close and you can see the back of the compressor. Those are separate swivel ends with a plate clamping the two to the back of the compressor

Old 01-04-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car. A lot of attention to detail there.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a bunch. I think it took a little over two years of collecting parts, pieces, planning and off course money. But the car was on the rack for a little under a month. ie between Thanks giving and Christmas. So less then thirty day it wasn't running. Remember a true daily driver. Funny.. I was driving back and forth to work, at one time, with only one seat while I was doing the interior. It has the Rattle Trap 80mm sound and heat insulation, extra thick carpet, and on. I completely redid the Camaro.

Take a look.

Quick Reply: my car