Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Looking for some good videos of 600+ whp cars vs bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014 | 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 01MagredC5
Seeing all this crap makes me want to add the bottle. I do fairly well against bikes but a few of these would just leave me like I was in a Prius.

I'm racing a ZX14 soon...not sure on the mods but it's not stock. I know it has a long swing arm and full exhaust...should be interesting.
Run from a higher roll where your power and aero advantage will help more, and also where his stretch will hurt him more then it helps.

Is it a 14 or 14R? The newer 12+ models have ~20hp more and launch control, and are quite a bit quicker mod for mod.
Old 05-10-2014 | 10:28 PM
Teching In

We are going to go from a 60-180. Should help me out up top. I'm not sure if it's an R or not.
Old 05-11-2014 | 04:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Puck
Run from a higher roll where his stretch will hurt him more then it helps
That only applies to high horsepower bikes.
Old 05-11-2014 | 11:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
That only applies to high horsepower bikes.
I think you read that wrong. It actually applies less to high horsepower bikes since they don't mind the extra drivetrain loss as much as a stock bike, and they are more wheelie prone in the first place so the longer wheelbase helps them.

Stretching a stock bike will slow it down from a roll (especially if its one of those fat tire show bikes lmao), but it will be quicker from a dig. If you are running from a high enough roll that you don't need the stretch since you won't be yanking the front, then the stretch is hurting more then it helps.
Old 05-11-2014 | 12:54 PM
Teching In

That's one way to look at it;the drivetrain loss is mitigated by running taller(numerically) gearing. I don't know anyone that puts an arm on a bike yet leaves the gearing stock. So,IMO the 5-10hp lost from running a longer 530 chain is a wash. But I agree with what you posted above even though I have never encountered that running anyone

Another way to look at it(and what I should have been more clear about in my reply) is that a long arm on a high HP bike will cause it to lose traction and spin on the big end;rule of thumb is anything longer than 6-8" on a turbo/big nitrous bike will have it breaking the tire loose when you are going fast enough to really put whatever HP the bike is capable of down to the ground;usually 5-6th gear
Old 05-11-2014 | 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

That's one way to look at it;the drivetrain loss is mitigated by running taller(numerically) gearing. I don't know anyone that puts an arm on a bike yet leaves the gearing stock. So,IMO the 5-10hp lost from running a longer 530 chain is a wash. But I agree with what you posted above even though I have never encountered that running anyone

Another way to look at it(and what I should have been more clear about in my reply) is that a long arm on a high HP bike will cause it to lose traction and spin on the big end;rule of thumb is anything longer than 6-8" on a turbo/big nitrous bike will have it breaking the tire loose when you are going fast enough to really put whatever HP the bike is capable of down to the ground;usually 5-6th gear
This is very true - spinning becomes the issue instead of looping with a long arm.

In this area we are full of stock bikes with long arms and fat tires that slow themselves down, so I kind of automatically think of that situation when I hear about a bike being stretched without mentioning other mods.
Old 05-11-2014 | 06:21 PM
Teching In

This is very true - spinning becomes the issue instead of looping with a long arm.

In this area we are full of stock bikes with long arms and fat tires that slow themselves down, so I kind of automatically think of that situation when I hear about a bike being stretched without mentioning other mods.
Aww crap,all show&no go lol!!
In NY its the opposite,95% of the time if the bike has an arm on it its running 8s or better and everyone is scared of it. That's why I have a SWB stock-ish bike
Old 05-12-2014 | 03:10 PM
Teching In

Met up with a bunch of fast cars last night,TT Z06,Alpha 10+ GTR,Procharged C6. Only race that went down was my buddy on his bolt-on 14R vs the GTR. They did 3 pulls,one from 35-40mph and the other 2 at 60-65mph. I tried tellin the 14R he is gonna get drug but he didn't believe me lol. Well,he got assraped all 3x. GTR owner (hopefully) has vid but he's out of town for a few days so maybe I'll have vid by the end of the week.
Old 05-12-2014 | 05:02 PM
8 Second Club

Met up with a bunch of fast cars last night,TT Z06,Alpha 10+ GTR,Procharged C6. Only race that went down was my buddy on his bolt-on 14R vs the GTR. They did 3 pulls,one from 35-40mph and the other 2 at 60-65mph. I tried tellin the 14R he is gonna get drug but he didn't believe me lol. Well,he got assraped all 3x. GTR owner (hopefully) has vid but he's out of town for a few days so maybe I'll have vid by the end of the week.
Amazing how fast cars are these days.. Taking down a 14R is no easy task.
Old 05-12-2014 | 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Sick, can't wait to see the vids!

I am in central FL, probably the most squid infested place in the whole nation. Seriously.

Full of kids in shorts, T-shirts, no helmets, and flip-flops riding dropped and stretched open header gsxr 600s...or huuuuggeeee 300lb+ guys on chromed out 14's and busas with giant car tires and massive custom swing arms (but probably stock motor LOL)
Old 05-12-2014 | 05:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oscs
Amazing how fast cars are these days.. Taking down a 14R is no easy task.
Exactly what my friend said afterwards;the GTR was on E85 and 1000whp map(that's what he claimed,could have been 1100-1200whp). Similar cars from the same builder have gone 8s at 160mph+. I try to stay current on all the setups,60-130&100-150mph times from the fast GTRs,TT Lambos,996/997tt Porsches,etc. The bike guys that were with us last night were younger guys in their 20s,they were ALL saying how a bolt-on S1000,14R,10R would run away from ANY car. I kept tellin 'em you guys are in for a rude awakening&they looked at me like I was crazy. After the 14R lost the looks of astonishment on their faces were priceless

Sick, can't wait to see the vids!

I am in central FL, probably the most squid infested place in the whole nation. Seriously.

Full of kids in shorts, T-shirts, no helmets, and flip-flops riding dropped and stretched open header gsxr 600s...or huuuuggeeee 300lb+ guys on chromed out 14's and busas with giant car tires and massive custom swing arms (but probably stock motor LOL)
Im almost positive they filmed the runs,as we were discussing different cam setups earlier and he mentioned he had a Sony with him that night. Car guy did agree to a dig run against a 66" 14R setup for Crazy 8s at the MIROCK series,but he wants to be on DRs and not his 20" street tires. That's gonna be a good run and you can be sure we will have vid of that.

We definitely have our share of squids as well,same open header chrome **** helmet wearing fools who do standup wheelies and block traffic;basically the same exact crowd made famous by the black Range Rover last year
Old 05-12-2014 | 07:49 PM
Teching In

If you're light weight and know how to ride, you can take down the Gtr's up until about 12-1400 hp. Key point is being light weight. There's a video I'll try to dig up of a well ridden s1krr taking down a 1000+hp gtr by not just a few lengths but busses.

Not typical results by any means but it can happen.
Old 05-12-2014 | 09:37 PM
8 Second Club

I saw a dude out at bayou drgas this weekend on a white low 8 second busa. Swear to god he must have barely been 5ft and 100lbs.. That thing was MOVING
Old 05-12-2014 | 11:53 PM
Teching In

Here it is. This guy rides his *** off. I give him **** for no gear, but the rider mod is there. I knew he could ride just looking at his body positioning and his throttle hand position.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5PEB2X0Zfk
Old 05-12-2014 | 11:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oscs
I saw a dude out at bayou drgas this weekend on a white low 8 second busa. Swear to god he must have barely been 5ft and 100lbs.. That thing was MOVING
Guys like Jeremy teasley are extremely fast in this sport for that reason. Put them on anything and it will run stupid fast.
Old 05-13-2014 | 06:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
If you're light weight and know how to ride, you can take down the Gtr's up until about 12-1400 hp. Key point is being light weight. There's a video I'll try to dig up of a well ridden s1krr taking down a 1000+hp gtr by not just a few lengths but busses.

Not typical results by any means but it can happen.
Bike is not stock/bolt-ons,Lee's Performance in NC built two S1Ks for the owner/rider. Do you really believe a 150-155mph trapping S1000 can gap bus lengths on a car that shifts just as fast and traps 165-170s(1200-1400whp GTR)? C'mon man you know better than that.
And I remember the exact thread on the GTR forum where the owner found out afterwards he was having issues and the car was not at full power. I stand behind&am willing to put money on a dig/roll race(60-190mph) involving a LEGIT bolt on S1k,ZX10R/14R vs a 1200-1400whp GTR;the car will win. Im sorry but its true

Last edited by oldgixxer; 05-13-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-13-2014 | 01:12 PM
Teching In

Bike is not stock/bolt-ons,Lee's Performance in NC built two S1Ks for the owner/rider. Do you really believe a 150-155mph trapping S1000 can gap bus lengths on a car that shifts just as fast and traps 165-170s(1200-1400whp GTR)? C'mon man you know better than that.
And I remember the exact thread on the GTR forum where the owner found out afterwards he was having issues and the car was not at full power. I stand behind&am willing to put money on a dig/roll race(60-190mph) involving a LEGIT bolt on S1k,ZX10R/14R vs a 1200-1400whp GTR;the car will win. Im sorry but its true
My apologies. I did some research and never found any info on the video nor rider. Honestly, the way these cars run and how much misinformation there is on YouTube, you kind of have to take it for what it is. Don't get me wrong, I suspected some lies at first, then just went ahead and believed it was stock because this guy can ride. Any link to his bike build? Curious to see what he has done.
Old 05-13-2014 | 02:05 PM
Teching In

No link to the build but the cat was let out of the bag on psychobike.com after the runs went down. The GTR belongs to a dude who goes by Homesite on the forums.
After the heading on the vid says "factory stock w rider mod" and then the cam focuses on the rear wheel I immediately notice a Vortex aftermarket sprocket&a 520 chain ..that pretty much voids the term "factory stock"
Old 05-13-2014 | 09:25 PM
Teching In

No link to the build but the cat was let out of the bag on psychobike.com after the runs went down. The GTR belongs to a dude who goes by Homesite on the forums.
After the heading on the vid says "factory stock w rider mod" and then the cam focuses on the rear wheel I immediately notice a Vortex aftermarket sprocket&a 520 chain ..that pretty much voids the term "factory stock"
I just read a thread about it on gtr life. I'm at a loss of words. Can't trust anyone these days.
Old 05-13-2014 | 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
I just read a thread about it on gtr life. I'm at a loss of words. Can't trust anyone these days.
Very true...

Quick Reply: Looking for some good videos of 600+ whp cars vs bikes