Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

C6Z Carbon/ZR1 Carbon Ceramic Rotor Clock-Finished

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 06:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6Z Carbon/ZR1 Carbon Ceramic Rotor Clock-Finished

Hey guys,

A few months ago I got on Corvette Forum in search of some used carbon ceramic rotors that I wanted to try and make a wall clock out of for my best man in my wedding. He owns an 08 JSB Z06, but he has always wanted the carbon brakes off a carbon edition or ZR1. Well, I obviously couldn't buy him an $8000 set of brakes, but I figured this would be a good way to incorporate one into his gift.

A member on there contacted me and told me that he could ship me a couple of rotors, and it was game on from there. I finished up the clock yesterday, and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Evan was blown away with it. He said it was the best gift he'd ever gotten, so it was a definitely a success.

I have one more rotor that the guy that I may do for myself, but the clock turned out to be fairly expensive after paying for shipping, buying the emblems, clock mechanism, board to mount it, and the carbon fiber wrap.

Here's a picture of it. Let me know what you guys think.

[img][/img]

Last edited by 97_ek; 01-06-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is definitely badass. Great craftsmanship and very unique! How much did it end up costing after everything was said and done?
Old 01-06-2015, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dabest09
That is definitely badass. Great craftsmanship and very unique! How much did it end up costing after everything was said and done?
Thanks a lot! I believe I had right at $150 in all the materials. That said, if I were to make another one I would only have to buy the emblems again and the clock mechanism. I have enough wrap, board, and another rotor that I can use. So, if I were to make another one they would cost roughly $100 each.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Teching In

So you will sell me one in 2 weeks then for what 140 150 shipped? Pm me
Old 01-12-2015, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chicago1
So you will sell me one in 2 weeks then for what 140 150 shipped? Pm me
Unfortunately no. After going back through my receipts for the first clock it will cost me $150 per clock. I told everyone on Corvette forum I could build them, but it will be for $260 each plus shipping to make it worth mine and my dad's time to build them. In the end we would only be making around $50 each.

Quick Reply: C6Z Carbon/ZR1 Carbon Ceramic Rotor Clock-Finished