Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

C7 Z06 - New Drag Radial Only Record

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Rather have the charger to be a nice grocery getter lol . Plus I like comfort and power charger does everything better for me.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NSO
Wait till it goes 9's with a tune, flex fuel kit and E85. That'll leave a lot of feelings hurt.
Been done. A bit more, but still just bolt ons and a manual.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I loved them from the get go. They are only gonna get better.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Let me guess.......cause you admire the back of the
Lol delusional chevy owner is delusional. Would be almost as bad as the c7 I ran right after they came out
Old 04-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mongoose350
Fasterproms - WORLDS FIRST 9 SECOND 2015 C7 Z06!!! 9.87 @ 138mph - YouTube
It runs about like the old iron block TVs gt500s

Fasterproms custom tune by Jeremy Formato
- Fasterproms custom 2.31 pulley
- Fasterproms Ported Supercharger
- Modified air box, and air duct with modified AFE CAI
- Fasterproms Thermal reduction plates That reduce blower heat soak
- Fasterproms Flex fuel kit- This is a flex fuel sensor that we make to allow us to run on blended e85/pump gas
- Fasterproms 1.5Gal Expansion tank tank for greater supercharge coolant capacity
- ARH 1.875 headers
- Hoosier 315/30/18 dr's
Old 04-02-2015, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

O snap !
Old 04-03-2015, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by automach1
Lol delusional chevy owner is delusional. Would be almost as bad as the c7 I ran right after they came out
Coming from the guy that calls a blower swap a bolt on.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
It runs about like the old iron block TVs gt500s

Fasterproms custom tune by Jeremy Formato
- Fasterproms custom 2.31 pulley
- Fasterproms Ported Supercharger
- Modified air box, and air duct with modified AFE CAI
- Fasterproms Thermal reduction plates That reduce blower heat soak
- Fasterproms Flex fuel kit- This is a flex fuel sensor that we make to allow us to run on blended e85/pump gas
- Fasterproms 1.5Gal Expansion tank tank for greater supercharge coolant capacity
- ARH 1.875 headers
- Hoosier 315/30/18 dr's

Now do a blower swap on the z06.

And weird how you couldn't leave the 12's with a blower swapped gt500 on race gas.

What's the fastest stock gt500 in your year compared to this car? 3 seconds slower?

Face it, even fords new $400k "super car" will be lucky to match a $78k corvette
Old 04-03-2015, 01:43 AM
***Repost Police***

His point was that a bolt-on/ported/pullied/E85 GT500 doesn't have a problem matching that time with a good driver. I really like the C7 though, and the rear end is finally growing on me.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
It helps when the track is 30 minutes from the coast...

There are enough tracks that reliably produce record setting times its not really a big deal. The car is moving the **** out

stir stir stir
Not sure where your from but no way in hell is Atco 30 minutes from the coast... Atco has always been considered a "fast" track but my buddys that drag a lot seem to run the same at Etown.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:11 AM
NSO

Originally Posted by Mongoose350
Fasterproms - WORLDS FIRST 9 SECOND 2015 C7 Z06!!! 9.87 @ 138mph - YouTube
Jeremey's car runs great for the mods. But I think the car in the OP has the edge with the A8 trans. Seeing as how A8 guys are turning the best times loading the the converter, I'm curious as what a little looser converter would do? I think with the OP's car so close to 9's at a very fast track, a converter, tune, and flex fuel just might see a 9.99 without touching the pulley.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
His point was that a bolt-on/ported/pullied/E85 GT500 doesn't have a problem matching that time with a good driver. I really like the C7 though, and the rear end is finally growing on me.
I think we all get the point, its just a silly one to make. Anytime you're comparing modded cars to stock there's no merit in that argument IMO.

Besides, the '15 Z06 does so many things quite well other performing in a straightline. Everything it does, it does it sooo much better than the Shelby or any "pony car" for that matter.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:18 AM
NSO

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Not sure where your from but no way in hell is Atco 30 minutes from the coast... Atco has always been considered a "fast" track but my buddys that drag a lot seem to run the same at Etown.
Atco is 33 feet above sea level. That's probably what he meant.

Englishtown, Cecil, MIR are some other "fast" tracks on the EC.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:26 AM
NSO

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Rather have the charger to be a nice grocery getter lol . Plus I like comfort and power charger does everything better for me.
Z06 and Charger Hellcat are in a totally different buyers market. If one were in the market for a fast four door he/she would most likely consider the Hellcat or CTS-V. A person eyeing the Z06 would also consider something like the Viper or maybe even GT-R.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

And likely a **** pile of WR.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by NSO
I think we all get the point, its just a silly one to make. Anytime you're comparing modded cars to stock there's no merit in that argument IMO.
He wasn't talking about modded vs. stock, he was talking modded vs. modded.
Originally Posted by big hammer
Maybe a car will be posted to bolster his statement.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
I grew up in Hunterdon county. I thought ATCO was more east for some reason.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NSO
Z06 and Charger Hellcat are in a totally different buyers market. If one were in the market for a fast four door he/she would most likely consider the Hellcat or CTS-V. A person eyeing the Z06 would also consider something like the Viper or maybe even GT-R.
I would definitely rather have a Charger Hellcat at this point in my life, but as you said it is mostly based on what you are in the market for. Since I have a young family, something I can take more than one passenger in would be the one sitting in my garage.

I've been a fan of the C7 looks ever since they were released. I'm glad to see the performance aspect is coming around. If I was less sensible with my money, it would be really hard to choose between a Viper and a c7Z at this point.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 440 Likes on 346 Posts

Maybe the 13/14s......the rest not a chance with out a blower swap. So far I'm not sure if were even talkin about a pulley change on the z0 yet. If you're gonna blower swap and optimize one you have to do it to the other. Run them at the same boost levels and blower efficiency to for a proper comparison. So
Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Banned

Now do a blower swap on the z06.

And weird how you couldn't leave the 12's with a blower swapped gt500 on race gas.

What's the fastest stock gt500 in your year compared to this car? 3 seconds slower?

Face it, even fords new $400k "super car" will be lucky to match a $78k corvette
Lol delusional like your daddy.
Yup....
Originally Posted by NSO
Jeremey's car runs great for the mods. But I think the car in the OP has the edge with the A8 trans. Seeing as how A8 guys are turning the best times loading the the converter, I'm curious as what a little looser converter would do? I think with the OP's car so close to 9's at a very fast track, a converter, tune, and flex fuel just might see a 9.99 without touching the pulley.

Besides, the '15 Z06 does so many things quite well other performing in a straightline. Everything it does, it does it sooo much better than the Shelby or any "pony car" for that matter.
The only thing that makes the new z impressive is the 8 speed auto besides that meh.
Wrong....
Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Maybe the 13/14s......the rest not a chance with out a blower swap. So far I'm not sure if were even talkin about a pulley change on the z0 yet. If you're gonna blower swap and optimize one you have to do it to the other. Run them at the same boost levels and blower efficiency to for a proper comparison. So
I swear you wake up in the morning with a mission to top the stupidity in your posts from the day before. Has to be...

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 - New Drag Radial Only Record