Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Manual Trans G8 GXP in the 10's

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Manual Trans G8 GXP in the 10's

So, weather finally permitted and I was able to get out there and get it done.

As some of you already know, I did the LSA blower conversion on my car. I wanted to show just how easy and simple it can be to get your manual transmission G8 GXP into the 10s without going "wild" on your build.

My goal was to have my M6 GXP run 10s, without sacrificing the comfort and reliability of the car. The car drives like a car with just headers and intake, except it has a nice little lope to it.

The weather was not "optimal", but it wasn't bad either. slight cross wind, with D.A in the 1,800s for this run.

I only had one chance to go "***** out", because my track officials are a bit on the strict side. I could have done better, but I got kicked out, and was unable to better my somewhat sloppy launch and shifts. (Not enough seat time with this combo).

Anyway, if you are planning to emulate this build, DO IT! I've enjoyed every second of it. Took me a whole lot of hours to complete as I did 100% of the build my self, including the custom tuning.

Again, pardon my sloppy launch and shifts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIr...ature=youtu.be

Thanks guys!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:13 PM

That's awesome, great pass!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice run, especially rowing your own gears. Gotta love the LSA swaps. I'm hoping I'm satisfied with my setup for a while before I go tearing into it more but getting the itch to do the porting on the blower. Did my buddies V and it made a noticeable difference.

You do a 102 with the 4.5" intake? Leaning towards that being the next step with the porting if the stock V pumps and bigger injectors can live up to it.

Funny they booted you for the one pass. Thought NHRA now let cars 08+ run down to 9.99 before needing a cage.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rawr256
Funny they booted you for the one pass. Thought NHRA now let cars 08+ run down to 9.99 before needing a cage.
My friend and I thought the same thing, but at our closest track here, they told us that only applies to factory stock cars.

Quick Reply: Manual Trans G8 GXP in the 10's