Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

For those who missed HorsePower TV i.e. LS1 Gun, sorry if re-post

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004 | 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
why would it be illegal if has the smog provisions.? All Lts are illegal? hmmm
Yes, all LT headers are illegal. You cannot move the cats from their original location... Most stations don't care though, as long as it passes the sniffer tests.
Old 07-13-2004 | 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Yes, all LT headers are illegal. You cannot move the cats from their original location... Most stations don't care though, as long as it passes the sniffer tests.
cant remove them from their location if the car has less than 50,000 miles from what ive heard. Im probably wrong though.
Old 07-13-2004 | 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That guy is homosexual , reminds me of bob on that 70's show . . . 40# off the front end my *** . These guys sound like import tuners

Hypertech programers and shorties what a monster this is going to be
Old 07-14-2004 | 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedHotZ28
cant remove them from their location if the car has less than 50,000 miles from what ive heard. Im probably wrong though.
Sorry that this is off-topic, but regardless of what your state and local laws are regarding emissions inspections... it is against federal law to change the number of factory catalytic converters, move them from the stock location, or change converter types. This is per the Federal Clean Air Act. California has their own laws that are even more strict, you can check them out at C.A.R.B.'s website.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the 50k mile thing you are thinking of pertains to replacing stock converters. If the car has under 50k miles, they have to be damaged or it is illegal to replace them. I could be off on this point though...

[/hijack]