Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

I drive an American Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
cool video. only thing that i find funny is that some of those imports were faster than some of those "muscle cars"...
did you watch the same video we did?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Teching In

cool video. only thing that i find funny is that some of those imports were faster than some of those "muscle cars"...
haha...idiot he probably thinks the fastest car in there is the one with the wing made with 2x4's
Old 09-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Gev
TECH Addict

What music is that in the background? Must have it.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by A-Bomb
did you watch the same video we did?
ya the one with mostly late 70s domestic pictures? you do know that most of the cars weigh almost 4k pounds or made a whopping 175hp right?

and no i dont know anybody in the video. but how do we know that any of those imports arent pushing some power? if i had a fast import, you can bet your *** i would rice it. because everyone (including me) thinks that a riced out civic is going to be slow. no one expects that to be fast. much like turd gens and fox bodies. its the primered ones in some cases that you have to watch out for.

Jeff im an idiot? ya your right tho. i really did think the 2x4 wing made that car mAd FaST y0.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Junkie

that was
Old 09-29-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

175hp???

Maybe If you got the base model 6 cylinder vehicles made after 1972....
Old 09-29-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 09-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Actually, the only import i saw that would come close to anything the "muscle cars" could do was the MR2 that actually looked pretty sick. That's why i actually didn't like the video, because im not biased towards imports or domestics. I have a GN, i LOVE F-bodys, vettes, that kinda stuff but i also respect SOME imports such as MR2's (twin turbo ones only), nissan skylines, silvias, RX7's and sometimes even poopras (aka supras). I think im starting to get the idea that a lot of you on here are import haters and don't even want to give them a chance and that's cool and all cuz youre entitled to your opinion but i just think it's ridiculous that when you see something that actually is a quick import, your quick to say "rice" and start the hatin'. I just wanna say as a CAR enthusiast i think its stupid. You may think im stupid er whatever but at least im saying my opinion.

Also, I'm not saying everyone on here is stupid er whatever because im sure you know a lot about the cars you love, so i won't let this "rice" attitude keep me from coming here (whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you guys). I just wanted to give my 2 cents. Now someone else can have the

Later!!!
-boosted6

EDIT: here's a good import vid I want some of you to see---->http://www.streetracersonline.com/videos/d1.php

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by boosted6; 09-30-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by boosted6
Actually, the only import i saw that would come close to anything the "muscle cars" could do was the MR2 that actually looked pretty sick. That's why i actually didn't like the video, because im not biased towards imports or domestics. I have a GN, i LOVE F-bodys, vettes, that kinda stuff but i also respect SOME imports such as MR2's (twin turbo ones only), nissan skylines, silvias, RX7's and sometimes even poopras (aka supras). I think im starting to get the idea that a lot of you on here are import haters and don't even want to give them a chance and that's cool and all cuz youre entitled to your opinion but i just think it's ridiculous that when you see something that actually is a quick import, your quick to say "rice" and start the hatin'. I just wanna say as a CAR enthusiast i think its stupid. You may think im stupid er whatever but at least im saying my opinion.

Also, I'm not saying everyone on here is stupid er whatever because im sure you know a lot about the cars you love, so i won't let this "rice" attitude keep me from coming here (whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you guys). I just wanted to give my 2 cents.
I hear you, and I completely respect your opinion...

Speaking for myself... I've always loved American V8's. I've never liked imports or Eruo cars, no matter how fast or exotic they look. For quite a while, I even hated anything computer controlled. The GenIII's here changed that... but that's besides the point. No matter how fast the "other" cars are, they just don't have the "coolness" of a V8 loping away at idle or the sound as they take off.

When's the last time you felt a imports launch resonate in your chest from 50' away?

How cool is that new V12 M5's idle, when it's sitting next to a V8 F-bod with a simle 224/224 cam and free flowing muffler?

You can't put a 8-71 on top of that Enzo's motor, can you?

I openly admit that I'm an elitist, and I'm completely ignorant of other fast cars.

It's like Harley's vs Sportbikes vs Italian bikes... I don't think the three will ever completely get along.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

ya the one with mostly late 70s domestic pictures? you do know that most of the cars weigh almost 4k pounds or made a whopping 175hp right?

and no i dont know anybody in the video. but how do we know that any of those imports arent pushing some power? if i had a fast import, you can bet your *** i would rice it. because everyone (including me) thinks that a riced out civic is going to be slow. no one expects that to be fast. much like turd gens and fox bodies. its the primered ones in some cases that you have to watch out for.

Jeff im an idiot? ya your right tho. i really did think the 2x4 wing made that car mAd FaST y0.
I have a '68 that weighs 3000lbs can run on 110, meth, and juice and can pull the front wheels off the ground about a foot. It looks completely reproduction, except for the 11's out back. so when you see me driving down the street and think that I'm pushin 175 Hp, I'm gonig to laugh when I hand you your ***** in a jar. As for 3rd Gens and Fox body's those can be extremely fast with a 350 in the 3rd gen and the 5.0 fox body doesnt take much to be very quick. Get some knowledge before you hate ******