Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Hawaiian Beatdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rayo
he left himself open for an arm-bar many times....that's why to be a complete fighter you need your stand up, clinch, and ground game...

Rayo I do agree with you on this part...You need all the tools to be a complete fighter. But think about it, if the guy on top really knew what he had (armbar) and was trained, he would have used it. The guy on top was just stronger end of story.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

HERE IS ONE TO COMPARE
SURF BEATDOWN
Old 10-28-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by got_hp?
you my friend, are a 1.complete idiot and obviously know nothing about fighting or the NHB organizations.

fight ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ft)
v. fought, (fôt) fight·ing, fights v. intr.

To attempt to harm or gain power over an adversary by blows or with weapons.

hmmmm..........i dont see the part where is says "only standing up".

2. a real fight would involve anything you can possibly do.
1. Chill out and be more respectful.

2. Sorry pal, it's not the 14th century anymore. The world we live in today just doesn't work that way. Yes, human will be humans and conflict will arrive, but doing "anything you can possibly do" to hurt or maim your agressor will yield negative results. I'm no pacifist and I believe fights have to occur to solve some things or set people straight. But, IMO things should be handled more "civil-like" Ever heard of duels and stuff? You know, when someone insults your honor or woman, you should just duke it out. Not freakin
beat your oppnent to oblivion...If he is down, keep it fair and give him a fair chance to stand up and continue. This way you can see who truly is the better fighter and not look like an *******. Badass and ******* or very different things. So under your definition, If someone insults me or my girlfriend, I should do ANYTHING to try to try to hurt/kill this guy?
Old 10-28-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gabeg94z
HERE IS ONE TO COMPARE
SURF BEATDOWN

Those guys fight like a bunch of girls. But it was a lot more entertaining than the earlier post.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

I don't want to watch this... There is way too much localism in surfing (which is what this sounds to be). There's a lot of stupid needless **** that goes down. Cars getting vandalized, people getting stabbed, STONED, beat down, etc. etc. You can run a search on it, and you'll find a ton of articles.

Is there really a contest going on? I may have seen this clip. If it's one with just a bunch of telephoto camera's around - it's not a contest.

There are "locals" that "take over" a beach, and won't let anyone else in the water. It's "theirs". They're gangs.

Sometimes it's not possible to move down the beach. "Breaks" can be small. Moving down may mean not catching any waves, while the tough-guys get everything.

Even here on the East Coast I run into a moron or two a year. We've got a break that's like 30 miles long, but people still get annoyed when they see another surfer get in the water.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

I would kick both their asses.

Old 10-28-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
I don't know what you guys are talking about...That guy does not know how to fight. I've been fighting and training people to fight for almost 13 years. You guys are talking about him shooting in and sidemounting and all that ****. That was the most **** poor shoot that I have seen in a long time. My 17 year old 135 lbs brother can shoot in on 200 lbs grown men and take them down better than that. This guy was not trained in ****. He just used his instincts, size and strength to his advantage. Any trained fighter knows that you don't get into a sidemount for a ground and pound attack. Side mounts are used for submission like armbars, and kumoras. Also a trained fighter would have taken his back when the kid on bottom was laying on his side. So while yes the guy got his *** kicked don't go around talking like the guy on top knew what he was doing. Anyone that has ever trained in the arts for any length of time can see right through the fact that the kid on top didn't know ****. He was just bigger and stronger and used that to his advantage.
And slammed-am.

Thank you!

As for got_hp? Dont be a poor sport

-Matt
Old 10-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Chop-Foo Director

This one is getting locked, sorry guys. No need for this type of discussion here.