Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Blown FRCs Videos!! vs Supra and vs SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You Talked To Me I'm Big, Bald, And Short Tempered, I Was Driving The Ram Srt-10 That Parked Beside You, As In My Screen Name. I Was Also On The Interstate Watching All These Races. You Even Asked Me About The Bearing In Your Supercharger
Old 11-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Teching In

I never claimed to be a vette expert.. I dont need a lot of vette knowledge to make my point - Supras and Vettes ARE in the same class, whether you agree with me or not.
I think that making comments about my education (which i probably have more of anyway, but thats not the point) instead of responding to the points that i made is foolish of you. Who cares if i confused generations? Does that make my point invalid?
My original response was to the fact that you started comparing a vette to a supra thats almost 10 years older. Vette better be faster... its called evolution...

Last edited by Turbo Denis; 11-12-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BLACKRAMSRT10
I'm not an import guy but i'll give john props: he's got a quick car, and i've seen him with the other motor also and it was even quicker, if you beat him he'll shake your hand not make excuses, too bad more people don't race like him or steve (white 2000 ss).
That post was in general, you were making a statement and BlownFRC was just replying, don't post if you cannot handle people talking to you. Someone was bound to make a comment about your post, don't open your mouth if you can't stand people opening theirs.

BLACKRAMSRT10 who said i was talking to you blownf***** don't ask me what the hell my problem is online ask me to my face i'll be out saturday night. you know who i am and i know who you are. Wasn't talking to you but your awfull brave behind your computer
Everyone needs to just take a chill pill.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo Denis
I never claimed to be a vette expert.. I dont need a lot of vette knowledge to make my point - Supras and Vettes ARE in the same class, whether you agree with me or not.
I dont think that making comments about my education (which i probably have more of anyway, but thats not the point) instead of responding to the points that i made is foolish of you. Who cares if i confused generations? Does that make my point invalid?
My original response was to the fact that you started comparing a vette to a supra thats almost 10 years older. Vette better be faster... its called evolution...
Well, IMO, Stock Corvettes and Stock Supras, are NOT in the same class, but thats my opinion. Hope I helped with the Vette info, and I think early 80s were C3s, can't really remember... then late 80s and early 90s were the C4s, and yes they do run 14s... unless you're talking about the original 427 stingrays... they might be a LITTLE faster!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Teching In

You Should Give Him His ***** Back
Old 11-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Teching In

He Came Back With The Smart *** Answer To Something Not Even Addressed To Him. Big Enough To Run The Mouth Big Enough To Have It Shut. Had No Problem With Him At All He Put Himself In This With His Mouth.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

He Came Back With The Smart *** Answer To Something Not Even Addressed To Him. Big Enough To Run The Mouth Big Enough To Have It Shut. Had No Problem With Him At All He Put Himself In This With His Mouth.
Thats your opinion, because to me, he wasn't being a smart ***. Case closed.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ws6speedemon
Well, IMO, Stock Corvettes and Stock Supras, are NOT in the same class, but thats my opinion. Hope I helped with the Vette info, and I think early 80s were C3s, can't really remember... then late 80s and early 90s were the C4s, and yes they do run 14s... unless you're talking about the original 427 stingrays... they might be a LITTLE faster!!!
Yes, you did help me clear up the generations thing - im actually familiar with Corvette generations - i think there was one generation between 68(i think) to 82(my favourite one, btw), then from 82 to 97, 97 to 2005, and now the new one. I just did not know that in C5, C4, etc the number refered to the generation, i thought C5 was a model, like Z06.

As for Supra and Vette being in the same class in stock form, its not really a matter of opinion - its a matter of numbers. When you compare Supra to the Vette of the same year, you'll see that the numbers are very close.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Nice Trans AM btw, i always liked those.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You Talked To Me I'm Big, Bald, And Short Tempered, I Was Driving The Ram Srt-10 That Parked Beside You, As In My Screen Name. I Was Also On The Interstate Watching All These Races. You Even Asked Me About The Bearing In Your Supercharger
I'm pretty sure your thinking of someone else. Why would I ask about the bearing in my supercharger? What did I ask about it? And just so you know, I misread your screen name, I was thinking black SRT 4, the neon. That guy had a problem with me because I wouldn't tell him what was done to my car. He started saying ****, and I thought thats who I was talking to. Thats why I was quick to get defensive. Sorry if I offended you, but I'm still not sure who you are. I do recall a black SRT10, but I have no idea who drives it. Pretty nice ride, btw.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Nice Trans AM btw, i always liked those.
why thankyou, thankyou very much!
Old 11-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TanRchy
Please, show me any evidence that suggests a stock supra would keep up with a vette.. i didnt think so... The fact that supras were designed to be in the same class as vettes doesnt mean ****. designing and performing are two different things. i could go on and on about the supremacy of the vette over the supra in worldwide racing chapters...SCCA, Le Mans...But then you'd probably remind me the supra only has 6 cylinders and is "cheaper" blah blah blah. You can make any piece of **** fast, just throw enough money at it. why do i feel like ive had this conversation before?
What a dumbass. I made a comparison between two *specific* cars, mine and his and if you want to compare a Supra with a Vette, do it in the same years or maybe we'll compare a 95 Supra twin turbo to a 83 Vette. It would be just as fair if you think comparing a c5 to an Mk3 Supra is.
I've never heard of anyone making 1000 RWHP with ANY gm stock motor and it happens with Supras every day, see t04r.com for the proof. You might also want to check "Warren Johnson vs. Bullish Racing" in the Feb. 04 issue of "Hot Rod" magazine "Pro Stock vs. Pro Import". There you'll see how the Toyota Supra's inline 181 cid six cylinder motor with a stock block, crank and head made 1,650 HP @ 10,000 rpms / 1,100 ft/lbs. tq @ 6000 rpms against the GM 500 cid "GM drag race competition engine, second generation", GM DRCE2 al heads, etc, etc, etc that made 1,340 HP @ 8,800 rpm (redline) / 835 ft/lbs. tq @ 7600 rpm. Bullish racing has made several exhibition runs with times indicating over 2,000 hp since that article. That should establish the credentials for the Supra motor and distinguish it as anything but a "piece of ****".
I have no problem with blown frc. We got along just fine but I (and obviously plenty other people) did think the captions in the video looked like poor excuses but it's no big deal, not worth all this anyway. It's dumbass redneck ****** like TanRchy that are the biggest reason import guys don't get along with domestic guys. Me, I'm not an import guy at all, I hate them for the most part but I like my Supra because it delivers, in every way and is both inexpensive and reliable with the power it delivers. My mods cost just about $1K for over 400 rwhp and is extremely dependable. I have respect for any car that does well and will last, but not the ignorant idiots that generally go along with some of them.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Yes, you did help me clear up the generations thing - im actually familiar with Corvette generations - i think there was one generation between 68(i think) to 82(my favourite one, btw), then from 82 to 97, 97 to 2005, and now the new one. I just did not know that in C5, C4, etc the number refered to the generation, i thought C5 was a model, like Z06.

As for Supra and Vette being in the same class in stock form, its not really a matter of opinion - its a matter of numbers. When you compare Supra to the Vette of the same year, you'll see that the numbers are very close.
Here is some Vette info...
1st Generation: 1953 - 1962
2nd Generation: 1963 - 1967
3rd Generation: 1968 - 1982
4th Generation: 1984 - 1996
5th Generation: 1997 - 2004

I'd like to race a 200K mile Supra against a 200K mile Vette of the same year (if you can find one). Or you can take $1K to put into both cars and see how the Supra goes about ten classes beyond the Vette. I like them both, but let's be realistic.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Wink

Hey John, sure would be fun to have the little toyota pickup wouldn't it, that would make some people feel real bad parked beside it. LOL is the new prodject done yet
Adam 12. What's up buddy? It was good to see you and Steve out the other night. I was just talking to Walter and the guys about how it's been a while since you guys had been out. You should come out more often and hang with us at Auto Zone. We'll have another "Scott-mobile" very shortly, but this time it will be about 1500 lbs and probably 700 hp and guess what motor? lol
We need to do some more down town chases too. That was fun, especially the end when you got yourself a trophy ha ha.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Hey John, I Remember The Trophy Lol, What Was It, A Fender?
Old 11-13-2004, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JBLMk3
Here is some Vette info...
1st Generation: 1953 - 1962
2nd Generation: 1963 - 1967
3rd Generation: 1968 - 1982
4th Generation: 1984 - 1996
5th Generation: 1997 - 2004

I'd like to race a 200K mile Supra against a 200K mile Vette of the same year (if you can find one). Or you can take $1K to put into both cars and see how the Supra goes about ten classes beyond the Vette. I like them both, but let's be realistic.
There are 200k mile vettes running around here and there, and they would still be fast, but I agree, the supra is very cheap to mod. Its a lot like the 03 Cobras. You can spend about a grand and gain 100rwhp. I understand your point about supras being cheaper to mod, but you have to realize, some people don't care about that, including myself. I will happily spend the extra money to make it fast, because in the end, I'm in the car I enjoy. Lets be realistic here, if I wanted to be the fastest possible with the least amount of money, I wouldn't be in a vette, or any LS1 for that matter. The supra is a great machine, but I chose the vette for the full package. Acceleration, weight, balance, electronics, stability, braking, top speed, cornering, ect. With the vette you get what you pay for. But to each his own, thats what makes things so interesting, everyone has their own preference and reasons.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Hey Blown No Problem, We'll Be At Greer In The Morning Playing Around If You Want To Come Out And Run. Just Thought You Were Trying To Get Smart With Me. Bring Out The Vette Lets See What It Does On A Strip. No Head Starts, No Excuse, All Fun
Old 11-13-2004, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys were asked to keep it civil and that hasn't happened. This thread is done.