Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Kimbo got K.O.ed

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unit213
Does anyone else think those two guys are slow, unathletic, out-of-shape, clowns with very little real fighting skills? Obviously they are big dudes and they pack a lot of power, but gosh damn it they were slow and they just flailed away instead of calculating their strikes. Not saying I could take 'em, just making observations...although I can hold my own.

NHB fighting takes more endurance and cardio than just about any other sport/skill on earth..........ive seen well trained triathletes come into the school i used to train at and be completely gassed after 10 mins. its just a completely different level of physical/mental strain.

BTW.......gannon is only a C-level fighter........hes nowhere near the top level fighters. he just took the fight to shutup all the kimbo-nuthuggers.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right i wasnt saying gannon was a UFC fighter, in the last Kimbo fight i said he was no match for a UFC fighter, and he couldnt even beat a C-level fighter
Old 11-16-2004, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Kimbo did a good ******* job IMO- he just got outlasted. If he has a rematich with the Cannon, I think Kimbo would win... He's used to taking people out quick I would bet, and that was a long fight.

And don't tell me that Cannon's face didn't look like cheeseburger, cuz it did.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Gannon's face was tore up. No doubt about that.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Kimbo did a good ******* job IMO- he just got outlasted. If he has a rematich with the Cannon, I think Kimbo would win... He's used to taking people out quick I would bet, and that was a long fight.

And don't tell me that Cannon's face didn't look like cheeseburger, cuz it did.

hes not conditioned to fight more than 3 minutes what good is he, he'll never make it professionally if he cant fight 3 five minute rounds
Old 11-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by got_hp?
NHB fighting takes more endurance and cardio than just about any other sport/skill on earth..........ive seen well trained triathletes come into the school i used to train at and be completely gassed after 10 mins. its just a completely different level of physical/mental strain.
I guess everything looks easy when you're watching it on a computer screen.

I've run/trained/lifted so the point that I've passed out and/or puked many times so mental toughness or conditioning is a cake walk. I've seen some big time UFC guys and they were amazing. It makes sense if these guys were level C fighters. It's crazy how they just step in the ring and start fighting.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

he still didnt get knocked out
Old 11-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

whos face wouldnt be? kimbo can throw a serious punch!

the fight was also totally setup for kimbos rules..........gannon wasnt allowed to take him to the ground and submit him or choke him out, which would have made the fight end a lot sooner.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by got_hp?
whos face wouldnt be? kimbo can throw a serious punch!

the fight was also totally setup for kimbos rules..........gannon wasnt allowed to take him to the ground and submit him or choke him out, which would have made the fight end a lot sooner.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

It's not like Kimbo got his *** kicked- that's nonsense. It was a good fight that could have gone either way.

Kimbo will win if there is a rematch. I'll stand by that. If he trains seriously and gets some stamina, Gannon is gator-fodder.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

I'm gonna get flamed for this but i don't care, i'm not biased to either fighter.

wtf was that hugging ****....and head locks and knees to the face, and head locks while punching people. Last time i checked "boxing style matches" didn't include those.

Kimbo has his back to him and he walks up and punches him in the face. lol and then when he's half-up he comes up head locks him and takes shot to his temple and face.

That had to be the most pathetic ending fight i have ever seen.

That's like a race car driver going straight through the grass in the turns at the end of a race.

Gannons face =

That fight =
Old 11-16-2004, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
I'm gonna get flamed for this but i don't care, i'm not biased to either fighter.

wtf was that hugging ****....and head locks and knees to the face, and head locks while punching people. Last time i checked "boxing style matches" didn't include those.

Kimbo has his back to him and he walks up and punches him in the face. lol and then when he's half-up he comes up head locks him and takes shot to his temple and face.

That's like a race car driver going straight through the grass in the turns at the end of a race.

Gannons face =

That fight =
I thought I was the only one who saw the cheap knees.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd

Gannons face =

That fight =
I can see your point, IF you have never really fought. The knees came straight from MMA, but Kimbos crew cried about that. As far as the headlock/front choke thing-apparantly Kimbo cannot deal with that, or he would have returned the favor.
Joyce Gracie VS. Kimbo. Now THAT would be entertaining. I would love to see Joyce and his 195 pound frame absolutely destroy Kimbo in (I think) 130 seconds or less!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

one of the links on that sherdog.com says that it was a scam

is that

who has the real story ?? so the guy that kicked *** in that backyard is the one that supposedly got knocked out ??

gotta get the info
Old 11-16-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

imo kimbo did one hell of a job to keep with gannon. if kimbo done proper training, i bet kimbo would win
Old 11-16-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The link didn't work for me.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
I can see your point, IF you have never really fought. The knees came straight from MMA, but Kimbos crew cried about that. As far as the headlock/front choke thing-apparantly Kimbo cannot deal with that, or he would have returned the favor.
Joyce Gracie VS. Kimbo. Now THAT would be entertaining. I would love to see Joyce and his 195 pound frame absolutely destroy Kimbo in (I think) 130 seconds or less!
I've had my fair share of street fights and "organized fights", but if you agree on not doing certain moves then both fighters should hold up to it. Not bitch out at the end and use 'illegal' moves to win.

That's like having a head to head race and cause your losing or you think u might get your *** handed to you, you shoot out your opponents tires lol

If you know your gonna lose, or think you might lose, don't be a cheap *** and cheat, be a man and suck it up, give up, learn from it, and then don't let it happen again.

Personally i'd rather be known for giving up the first time, then comming back like a freight train and owning someone. Rather than throwing cheap shots through out the end of a fight so i can barely come out on top.

Just ya know...personal opinion there.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BucketTurd, have you trained? If so where? And when? We may have crossed paths.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by baddogz28
It's not like Kimbo got his *** kicked- that's nonsense. It was a good fight that could have gone either way.

Kimbo will win if there is a rematch. I'll stand by that. If he trains seriously and gets some stamina, Gannon is gator-fodder.
if they fought, and gave it the ground rules back and all of that.. making it a FIGHT, then Gannon will win. if they want to see that big dude fight, then put him in the ring with a heavy weight boxer and watchin kimbo get knocked the **** out! he is not winning his bread anymore
Old 11-17-2004, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CRAGER
I deleted My84Z's thread. If he posts any more crap like that again I will ban his ***!
Yeah you ought to ban that ****** bandwidth stealing bitch.

******* 0wn3d by the Goatse BITCHES. Yeah, you deserved it.

Racist remarks are not allowed here!

Craig

Last edited by CRAGER; 11-17-2004 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Racist Remarks