Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Navy/Marine Corps video

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Air Force just recently implemented running 3X/week around this time last year, and having timed runs once a year. They want airmen to be able to keep up with the rest of the branches especially druing war time. We get a lot of crap for the myth of being lazy. But if you look at it, the AF's way of carrying out a mission isn't the same as perhaps the way the Marines or Navy carries them out. The main objective is securing our nation's freedom, first and foremost. And each one of the branches goes about that task in different ways.
I've come across marines that admit that they couldn't do it all themselves, and that the AF is a very critical aspect of a lot of their missions.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

the AF's way of carrying out a mission isn't the same as perhaps the way the Marines or Navy carries them out. The main objective is securing our nation's freedom, first and foremost. And each one of the branches goes about that task in different ways
This is true....and though we may not run or be as physical as the rest of our Brethren don't mean we don't care or bust our buts just the same.
The Airmen under me put in 13/14hr days easily on the flightline recieving, fixing, loading and launching cargo aircraft *C-5, C-17, C-130, rare C-141's and also comercial contract planes* to supply the front line with greatly needed supplys and assests.

Air Mobility Command gets it DONE

Aircrews and office personal get nice hotels....my boys pitch tents just the same as anyone else.

I grew up in the Corps and I admire thoughs who serve in ALL branches but I have Blue running through my viens.

I too wish the AF would make a simular vid

SSgt Caldwell
USAF Yokota JP
Old 02-12-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a great vid. It brought a tear to my eye. I remeber coming home and my Mom Just exploding into tears. It's a great feeling.

Yea I my F'ck around with the "Jarheads", "Squids", and "fly-boys", But I respect that each of us made a choice to serve and that places you high on my list. Not everyone can serve, but for those who try and do/did serve, I Respect You.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Wow. Brought back memories. I was in the Navy from 1989-1995. IC2/E5. Semper Fi to you Marines still serving and former Marines. Kind of miss a lot about the military. I wouldn't be able to handle it with kids and a wife though.

Last edited by Redlinez; 02-13-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Good video.
Semper Fi
Old 02-15-2005, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Good video.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

yeah my best bud is in the army, the other in the air force we all give each other **** but it was our own choices(oh yeah, USMC for me if you can't tell). They sat us all down and showed us that video I remember that, heh.

Oh, p.s. about the "not seeing navy humping" the corpsmen are always with us on our humps, they don't carry as much but they still got a shitload of stuff and theyre some pretty bad *** guys. each branch has its shitbags, i won't hide behind blind "love" for my branch, we got our shitbags... but there is a distinct difference in mentality and discipline on the average between them..hah

to the sniper -- good to go, oorah marine

camp johnson here (north crapolina)
Old 02-26-2005, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deathbeforedishonor
yeah my best bud is in the army, the other in the air force we all give each other **** but it was our own choices(oh yeah, USMC for me if you can't tell). They sat us all down and showed us that video I remember that, heh.

Oh, p.s. about the "not seeing navy humping" the corpsmen are always with us on our humps, they don't carry as much but they still got a shitload of stuff and theyre some pretty bad *** guys. each branch has its shitbags, i won't hide behind blind "love" for my branch, we got our shitbags... but there is a distinct difference in mentality and discipline on the average between them..hah

to the sniper -- good to go, oorah marine

camp johnson here (north crapolina)

You are right about the Corpsmen...They are harder than some of our grunts! lol Sorry about you being stuck on Johnson. I dont miss Jacksonville at all. The only fun I had was going to the dragstrip down on Rt. 24, I think it was. Coastal Plains. Semper Fi, and good luck to you.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ooorah marine.

Good video.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

That is a great video... makes me miss the Corps

Semper Fi
Old 02-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by riceyum
i have yet to see a navy man with a ruck, do they even get issued one or do they get a suitcase.
i have been lurkin this board for quite some time, this post just made me decide to rregister. i'm in the navy. i'm one the few that are know as a "SEABEE". just for you information, yes we do carry packs.

http://www.seabee.navy.mil/

Old 02-28-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great Vid...

Makes me miss the Navy as well. Long hours, sure, spend more time at sea than at home, sure.... but I'd do it all over again without hesitation!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Thats why I love the Corps..

Semper Fi