Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Neons!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 05:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skewba98z28
I'm not trying to step on any toes here but If neons are so great why don't you get rid of your badass T/A (not being sarcastic) and go buy one.
Actually.... I HAVE BOTH

For regular "driving around" I prefer the "Neon". Run a high 13 stock and holds it own at speed.

For "racing" and "showing off" the T/A.

But... for $3000 from Dodge - Stage 3 Kit - 350 HP and running 12.0 on pump gas has an appeal. Regardless of looks you have to like running a flat 12 with all dealer (Dodge) parts. Tuning has been done so you done need HPtuners or LS1edit. Just plug and play.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

12.0???? r u crazy! haha i respect the car but no way that 3K is gonna get u a 12.0.... ud b lucky if u got it into a 12.7 or 12.8... and if u think ur gonna run a 12.0 on street tires dream on. mayb just mayb on slicks but even then say bye bye to ur front axles...
Old 12-26-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flynz
12.0???? r u crazy! haha i respect the car but no way that 3K is gonna get u a 12.0.... ud b lucky if u got it into a 12.7 or 12.8... and if u think ur gonna run a 12.0 on street tires dream on. mayb just mayb on slicks but even then say bye bye to ur front axles...
You think street tires VS slicks is 8/10's? O.K.

Did I say street tires? NO

Front axles... Perhaps. I know if I was to do it I would replace that and a bunch more... but that's me.

That how modding starts.. Just a few thousand but then if you want to do it right... a few more. You will get a few low 12 second passes guaranteed...

You will not have a clutch left and you may (or may not) break an axle. 03's seem a bit more prone to breaking them due to lack of LSD.

People have been telling me I am gonna blow my 10 bolt, in the TA, for years now

Going fast costs $$$ I do not care what kind of car it is...
Old 12-28-2004, 07:55 AM
Teching In

That Cobra IS NASTY !!!!!! GOD BLESS HORSEPOWER !!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok...the point of the video is that not matter what..its still a four door p.o.s....and no..it will not out run a stock LT1 like someone said....stock lt1's run high 13's...so do those...there for it will be a good race....not a out run!!! second....i think most you guys r getting scared of it..why???? who the **** cars about it...its gay...likes something that a telatubby would drive!!!!

and i know a couple of ppl that own one of those p.o.s srt-4's...and they r the biggeset idiots i know.....they say that same ****....dude i was right next to a cobra....man i beat the **** out of a mustang gt...i walked him by like 3 cars....dude...u wount belive i smoked the **** out of a modded ss today....its all bullshit...and as for hot rod.....they can kiss my ***....a mini muscle car....bullshit!!! how the **** could you call a car that has a motor made by some forgein company...and only has 4 cyl. a muscle car......wtf!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I see that is an LT1 in your sig. LOL With all those mods.. You ran a whole 0.04 faster than my stock "Neon" with stock rubber. Impressive... Nice times!!!

There are SEVERAL people on this board that have SRT-4's. one runs 12's with Stage 2 (from Dodge) and slicks another runs mid 11's. Yeah it is a 4 door P.O.S. but it is fast...

A few other things... I have, personally, beat Mustang GT a few times. The "motor" is made by Dodge. The "turbo" is a mitsu. No other car has this motor.

Your post is a testimony the the idiot... mullet... sterotype. Good job.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Debian Dog
I see that is an LT1 in your sig. LOL With all those mods.. You ran a whole 0.04 faster than my stock "Neon" with stock rubber. Impressive... Nice times!!!

There are SEVERAL people on this board that have SRT-4's. one runs 12's with Stage 2 (from Dodge) and slicks another runs mid 11's. Yeah it is a 4 door P.O.S. but it is fast...

A few other things... I have, personally, beat Mustang GT a few times. The "motor" is made by Dodge. The "turbo" is a mitsu. No other car has this motor.

Your post is a testimony the the idiot... mullet... sterotype. Good job.
if u read further in the sig u realize that my tranny is no longer with me b/c of being at the track that time...after that run my tranny went!!!!....and listen....is just not an attractive car....it WILL NEVER BE A MUSCLE OR MINI MUSCLE CAR!!!! and stock for stock it will not .....i respect turbo cars...i do...my buddy has a gsx that will kill most of us on this site...runs 11's on the stock block!!!!!!!....its just that im saying that the video was funny..and u have to admit it was....and it sucks to see that dude blow his motor...that car moved!!! u r gettin me all wrong buddy...i like fast cars...any fast car....but some i will say look like ****...and i think a neon looks like ****...it looks like something that a girl would drive....it is awsome for one thing....bang for the buck!!!!.....and ur attidue does suck there buddy...u automaticly think ppl hate u b/c they were laughing at some neons...LISTEN THE WORLD DOES NOT HATE YOU
Old 12-28-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fastest LS1 on the planet runs 8's
Just so you know harlan and ronnie duke are the fastest street driven ls1s on the planet. As far as I know their cars are still very capable dailys and you'll find plenty of vids of harlan at least cruising the town. Now you wanna talk race cars that's another enchilada bud.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95greenZ
my buddy has a gsx that will kill most of us on this site...runs 11's on the stock block!!!!!!!....
I wouldnt be so sure that 11s will kill most of us on this site would need to be 11 flat and even then there's a whole lot that could take that. So prolly not most.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by King02SS
I wouldnt be so sure that 11s will kill most of us on this site would need to be 11 flat and even then there's a whole lot that could take that. So prolly not most.
ya i knw..but im sayin i respect other vehicels too.....he ran that 11 while his tranny couldnt go into 2nd...so he wen to 3rd...his time was 11.4....sooo idk...i think thats really good....and there are a lot of 10.9 and quicker cars on here....but there are a lot of 11.0 and slwoer cars on here!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just so you know harlan and ronnie duke are the fastest street driven ls1s on the planet. As far as I know their cars are still very capable dailys and you'll find plenty of vids of harlan at least cruising the town. Now you wanna talk race cars that's another enchilada bud.
I know who the "players" are, for petes sake.

I mean geeeezzzzz... I have

"The" Mighty Mouse

in my F-Body club. Not the fastest Turbo Formula on the planet but a 9.9 with a best trap of 142 is nothing to sneeze at. Even IF I pull another whole 1.4 seconds of my 11.4 I am still behind. How sad is that?

I know fast LS1's believe me. Hell one of the fastest LT1's races right down the road!

Edit:
But... more often than not... you are the fastest car on the road!!!

Nitrous is the DeViL

Last edited by Debian Dog; 12-28-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95greenZ
ya i knw..but im sayin i respect other vehicels too.....
No need to worry about that noone doubted your respect for other vehicles except debian.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

But... more often than not... you are the fastest car on the road!!!

Nitrous is the DeViL
That's aren't not are btw.
Oh most definately I've ran into 7 second street driven big blocks that decided they would go out and cruise. What I'm saying is a full blown drag race fiberglass flopper like that neon you showed oh wait it might have working doors maybe it's pro stock. Reguardless of that it's not a street car nor will it ever find the street, unlike the big blocks I've stumbled across. The 8 second club is pretty much a daily driven club to my knowledge on this board. I've yet to see anyone turn an ls1 into a full blown funny car. Does that mean it can't be done? Of course not but everyone that does that always uses the best of their class and since nhra rules allow 500 cubes in v8s and the ls1 can't be bored and stroked that high why use an ls1? I believe Lisa Kubos Saturn runs 7s that's in the same classification as that neon you keep showing us. Yet you don't talk about it I'm glad you get your rocks off on a 4 door neon with a hairdryer that's bigger than it's motor but I think the vid was pretty funny and pretty appropriate.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm glad you get your rocks off on a 4 door neon with a hairdryer that's bigger than it's motor but I think the vid was pretty funny and pretty appropriate.
No you miss the whole point. The SRT-4 is not the "end all be all". It is what it is.... I am not asking anyone to LIKE it.

The reason I get my dander up is TOTAL lack of ANY acknowledgment of:

"An American manufactured", 13 second car you can go buy BRAND NEW 2005 for $21k. A car that you can upgrade, FROM DODGE, factory programmed, for 3K (plus tires) to run 11's. (yes I know for 3K in an LS1 you can put heads and a cam in there and run low 11's)

That's all...
Old 12-28-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No you miss the whole point. The SRT-4 is not the "end all be all". It is what it is.... I am not asking anyone to LIKE it.

The reason I get my dander up is TOTAL lack of ANY acknowledgment of:

"An American manufactured", 13 second car you can go buy BRAND NEW 2005 for $21k. A car that you can upgrade, FROM DODGE, factory programmed, for 3K (plus tires) to run 11's. (yes I know for 3K in an LS1 you can put heads and a cam in there and run low 11's)

That's all...
WTF, you still havent been banned??? an srt-4 is not a 13 sec car in general, but there are a few exceptions. its like saying all ls1s are 12 sec cars, just because a few cars gone 12.7s "stock".
Old 12-28-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hate to be a mag racer but...

ANY SRT-4, properly driven will pull a 13.X stock off the showroom floor. (Drop the tire pressure to 20)

both Motor Trend and R&T ran 13.9's in 03'

Ran 13.7 and 13.8, respectively, with the 04's. Due to LSD, larger injector, new tune.

If you can't run 13's with this car you cannot drive it.

Like I said before. My first manual car in a few years. 100 miles on the odometer, right from the dealers lot... to the strip. 14.0@99 on my third pass... Now that I can shift it right (the secret is timing the WOT shift) and now it is "broke in", 13's will be cake.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

neons suck, that video is great!!! and even better is the one where the neon guys remade it to look like cobras suck with some of the same **** in there, made the neon guys look even worse!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZMC_Racing
neons suck, that video is great!!! and even better is the one where the neon guys remade it to look like cobras suck with some of the same **** in there, made the neon guys look even worse!
I am glad your view of me(as a NEON owner) is skewed because of a video that was made on the intraweb.