Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

8.45 street supra...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 02:21 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 8.45 street supra...

http://www.viperalley.com/showflat.p.../o/all/fpart/1

Last weekend we ran a 8.45 in our street supra, full weight driven to and from the track. The car has been driven 3000 miles in the past two months, valet parked at down town clubs, street raced, etc .... still idles smooth, has all power accessories, full interior and gets over 20 mpg on the freeway.

Here are the videos.

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-845.wmv

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-845-incar.wmv

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-872.wmv

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-872-incar.wmv

Larry
SP
Old 12-15-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN! That bitch got up and went!
Old 12-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait what happened?
Old 12-15-2004, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

thats pretty fuggin fast for a daily
Old 12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoa!
Old 12-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Marco's car is definetely nuts. Put down a little over 1200whp with 42psi & 125 shot through a TH400.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

i've seen those before on supraforums.com & yah Marko Supra is completely INSANE esp. his race against the MIGHTY STANG

Peace
Old 12-15-2004, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

There is a thread here on LS1TECH where someone posted from scandalous racing trying to get a race going between Marko's Supra VS. Harlen's Firehawk for a $1000 on the STREET I hope it gets locked in for spring or summer, 2 fast a$$ cars going at it head to head
Old 12-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yukz
There is a thread here on LS1TECH where someone posted from scandalous racing trying to get a race going between Marko's Supra VS. Harlen's Firehawk for a $1000 on the STREET I hope it gets locked in for spring or summer, 2 fast a$$ cars going at it head to head
You honestly think Harlan would race on the street...for $1K no less?

**** gets out of control quickly in cars like that in an uncontrolled environment. Matt is a bright guy. I can't see him racing for real on the street...not to mention the measly thousand bucks.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Ginger Hater

I'd like to see that viper run this guy
Old 12-15-2004, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213

**** gets out of control quickly in cars like that in an uncontrolled environment. Matt is a bright guy. I can't see him racing for real on the street...not to mention the measly thousand bucks.
I agree it would be better off at the track that is if they race lol, and for the mods and money spent on both cars $1k is nothing $10,000 race would be good..... I think
Old 12-16-2004, 12:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't that Byron, Il raceway??? sure hope i don't line up next to him....til i have 1500hp!!! and even then. but it doesn't really matter. i know those cars like almost anything, can be made really fast. all it takes is the good ole greenbacks. and yea, $10,000 might make for a better grudge match. but i'd race for free just for the fun of it. and I think if Harlan didn't have to travel far, he'd probably do it for free too. not every race has to be for money. heck, i'll probably never even race, out side of an event, for money. when i raced on the street as a kid, i only paid $5 for a race, "to cover his nos.", if i lost, which i did!!! that punk in the Honda took off way early, and i didn't know that if i had held still that he would have had to back up and get a clean start. oh well, 5 bucks in 12 years aint too bad. still, that means i've lost more than i've earned to this day!!!!

later,
Dave

ps-i was only going to ask if that was Byron. so is it? because it sure looked like it but you say you're from Texas, so not positive.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213

it would be $1000.00 to lock in the race...the pot could go as hgh as both of our sides ar willing to go.....
there have been quite a few races around here, some for more than 10 G's, some for double that...
This race would ONLY happen on the street though!
Old 12-16-2004, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

With a car that fast i'd never race in on the street unless it was a 6 lane highway with no one on it and no one in front of me, including people. That retarded crap where people crowd the vehicles on the sides for 30ft out in front of them while they launch is retarded, can we say F&F?
Besides...A vehicle with that amount of power, if it ever got out of control it could easy take out 10 - 20 + people before he could even put in the brake. I'm sure Harlan wouldn't want to pull the front wheels and lose traction on the left rear tire and have his front end slap down on a group of people I don't think that would be very pretty. I don't deny the fact that his car, or marcos for that matter, launches completely straight, but **** happens.

Just have to realize there's a point where you have to compare the cool-factor to the safety-factor and realize it's just better to be safe in a situation like that.

It would be more intresting at the track anyway, better times, and it's a controlled situation where you can REALLY see which car is better. Bumps in the road during your launch including a dirty surface and other such things could easly hinder the better vehicle from winning.

Just my thoughts on it...
Old 12-16-2004, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Maybe these guys could do a charity event. Rent out the track for a day have nothing but big dog show downs like Harlan and Mike and others alike. Every entry and every spectators money could go to some charitable cause. If they would race for free, why not charity.
Just an Idea.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well street legal 'YES' but if I remember correctly, the thing is running like 40 lbs of boost and runs on $16 a gallon race fuel.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah hes from chicago fastest supra in the country I think he went to a big viper event and made them all cry
Old 12-17-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
I think he went to a big viper event and made them all cry
Nothing to take personal domestic's ppl but I like this part though

Peace
Old 12-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
It would be more intresting at the track anyway, better times, and it's a controlled situation where you can REALLY see which car is better.
dont be so sure about this... there are streets that hook better then alot of the tracks in the US...

Example:

Personally id rather see the two cars duke it out in the street. But thats just me. I see where you come from with the "safety" aspect, especially dealing with two cars that trap 160+ in the 1/4.... but thats the risk you take in this outlaw form of racing. But i do agree with people lined up 30ft out on the sides... that is completely stupid and i wouldnt race on a street like that in a 12 second car, let alone a 8 second car.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:39 AM
Teching In

Default Not Bad Marko

Hey Marko I'll have to give it to ya that thing moves pretty good...not bad for a little v6....Might have to come and play with ya ..or unleash the other thing laying around in our stable ...our Turbo DR car...maybe mount up some slicks.....maybe byron? any way not bad....see ya around

Greg Price
NMRA RENEGADE coming in Bradenton '05
COMSTOCK Motorsports
B&B Racing
PER Race Engines
Behind Bars Race Cars
Tuned by Kurgan Motorsports