Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My 2000 GTP on a Saturday Evening - *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v8maro

What do GTP's run stock?
Oh, stock they run anywhere from mid 14's to 15 in the 1/4 mile.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

im sure well be out on gratiot on friday, look for us and well pull over and chat. later.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

What size pulley are you running and what other mods have you done? I bought a 99 silver GTP for a Daily driver and love it .. I run the 3.25 pulley, u-bend delete, colder plugs, Jesse Bubb tune, and fwi ...

Thanks Chris
Old 03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LPE Z Convt
What size pulley are you running and what other mods have you done? I bought a 99 silver GTP for a Daily driver and love it .. I run the 3.25 pulley, u-bend delete, colder plugs, Jesse Bubb tune, and fwi ...

Thanks Chris

I run a 3.0 currently. I'm looking to step down once all the tuning and stuff looks right. Other than that, home ported M90, home ported heads w/ larger valves and stronger springs, VS cam, ZZP Trans, TOG's headers, full custom 3" exhaust w/ dynomax ultraflo mufflers, custom tuning, etc.

Timeslips to come very shortly. I'm trying to tune it really quick before I dyno it this saturday.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hourang
im sure well be out on gratiot on friday, look for us and well pull over and chat. later.
I belive I ran you quite a few times - if I remember u were pretty suprise with my car

whats up Lethal SS - I love the extra mods u added this year I cant wait to make it out there again

im calling lower 14s this year
Old 03-23-2005, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000silvergtp
I run a 3.0 currently. I'm looking to step down once all the tuning and stuff looks right. Other than that, home ported M90, home ported heads w/ larger valves and stronger springs, VS cam, ZZP Trans, TOG's headers, full custom 3" exhaust w/ dynomax ultraflo mufflers, custom tuning, etc.

Timeslips to come very shortly. I'm trying to tune it really quick before I dyno it this saturday.
Nice list of mods.. Do you get any Knock Retard with that setup? I ran an LS1 camaro with exhaust at a stoplight the other night it was great.. He jumped me about a half a car but by the end of 1st gear for me i caught him and started pulling on him in 2nd until he let off... had him by about half a car. He about ****... Good luck at the dyno Post the #s
Old 03-23-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweet vid!

Nice v6
Old 03-23-2005, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LPE Z Convt
Nice list of mods.. Do you get any Knock Retard with that setup? I ran an LS1 camaro with exhaust at a stoplight the other night it was great.. He jumped me about a half a car but by the end of 1st gear for me i caught him and started pulling on him in 2nd until he let off... had him by about half a car. He about ****... Good luck at the dyno Post the #s
I'm getting some false KR that is pulling timing, but quickly goes away. I need to fix that though. Other than that, 0 KR right now the way it's tuned. I'm looking to add a little more timing or drop down a pulley size or two. Maybe a little of both.

I'll post #'s when I get 'em.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greenprix
I belive I ran you quite a few times - if I remember u were pretty suprise with my car

whats up Lethal SS - I love the extra mods u added this year I cant wait to make it out there again

silver- We are meeting @ Hourang's house tonight to tune his car, PM me if you want to meet up and check both out, we are at 16 & john r.

green- Yeah, the new motor should be done in 5-6 weeks (once I pay for it, lol) then the fun really begins.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

i seriously doubt i was suprised, i know what they run i like the gtps. you will have to be running 12s to at least keep up if you can hear your car, them in not racing it was funny i had this mustang that kept trying to race me and miss shifted everytime, he told me he couldnt hear his dumped car and didnt know when to shift, lol, he didnt stand a chance anyway. yeah tuning day at hourangs house followed by watching the contender and the office
Old 03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
12 Second Club

silver- We are meeting @ Hourang's house tonight to tune his car, PM me if you want to meet up and check both out, we are at 16 & john r.

green- Yeah, the new motor should be done in 5-6 weeks (once I pay for it, lol) then the fun really begins.
I'm staying after work tonight to work on some stuff for my car, and a few others. I'll see what time I get out, but I'm thinking it won't be any earlier than 10pm. I'm at 14 and Ryan, so I'm not far away at all! We could definitely meet up tomorrow sometime, maybe even go out to Gratiot. I should have the rest of my stuff on by tomorrow afternoon, and then tune it in time to go out. Then Saturday is Dyno Day!
Old 03-24-2005, 08:57 AM
B T
Launching!

Nice Vid, er kills!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm staying after work tonight to work on some stuff for my car, and a few others. I'll see what time I get out, but I'm thinking it won't be any earlier than 10pm. I'm at 14 and Ryan, so I'm not far away at all! We could definitely meet up tomorrow sometime, maybe even go out to Gratiot. I should have the rest of my stuff on by tomorrow afternoon, and then tune it in time to go out. Then Saturday is Dyno Day!
Sweet, where do you work?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Sweet, where do you work?
I work in Farmington Hills at Akebono Corporation.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Teching In

i seriously doubt i was suprised, i know what they run i like the gtps. you will have to be running 12s to at least keep up if you can hear your car, them in not racing it was funny i had this mustang that kept trying to race me and miss shifted everytime, he told me he couldnt hear his dumped car and didnt know when to shift, lol, he didnt stand a chance anyway. yeah tuning day at hourangs house followed by watching the contender and the office
Well actually when I ran you I stayed in front of u and one time we stayed pretty even (30 rolls) this was last season (Early Mayish) - my buddy was recording in a black camero ill see if we can find the video. Your car was pretty loud then and I asked u what u had done bah I forgot what u said but we talked for a sec (very cool guy) ill see u again hopefully u remember me next time

Most prixs are pretty stock or just have a 3.4/intake/cpu in the area mines not

HAHA and lethal next time u race ill know how to count (HAHAHAHA)
Old 03-24-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well actually when I ran you I stayed in front of u and one time we stayed pretty even (30 rolls) this was last season (Early Mayish) - my buddy was recording in a black camero ill see if we can find the video. Your car was pretty loud then and I asked u what u had done bah I forgot what u said but we talked for a sec (very cool guy) ill see u again hopefully u remember me next time

Most prixs are pretty stock or just have a 3.4/intake/cpu in the area mines not

HAHA and lethal next time u race ill know how to count (HAHAHAHA)
I don't remember ever getting beat by a prix; but back then all I had was a cutout.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Teching In

I don't remember ever getting beat by a prix; but back then all I had was a cutout.
bah its cool not trying to start a i did or didnt thing its no biggie

ill see u agian this year bro
Old 03-25-2005, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

bah its cool not trying to start a i did or didnt thing its no biggie

ill see u agian this year bro
yeah i just would think i would remember getting beat by a gtp, i know i got beat by one when i had my teal 94 z28. i would like to see that video, i always get these ppl taking vids of my car but never get to see them this year i will have a new camcorder to play with out there later.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Well...didn't get to dyno on Saturday. Instead, I'm currently looking to rebuild the engine. A little issue lead to a piston popping.

It'll be back soon enough.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well...didn't get to dyno on Saturday. Instead, I'm currently looking to rebuild the engine. A little issue lead to a piston popping.

It'll be back soon enough.
ouch, good luck man.