Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Go buy '2Fast 2Real for Hollywood'

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta
On a side note though, Scandalous' DVD is much better. Much faster cars- the guy in the VW in 2real said he was putting down 275 horses to the ground and I doubt you'll find a car putting down under 400 in all of the Scandalous DVD-.
Thats one of the things I liked about it, that it has a nice mix. Heck they even have a Scion Xb racing a PT cruiser. Oh and even an RC car racing a civic, lol.

and some of the guys in 2real are real tools.
I'll agree with you on that, but I'd imagine you'd get the same thing in the scandalous video.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

buy the scandalous DVD they sponsor this site ---------->>>>
Old 06-21-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

another thing about those LI Extreme guys is alot of the races are staged
Old 06-21-2005, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

i have the scandalous racing video, its alright, i just ordered this vid, i hope this one isn't worse.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
I'll agree with you on that, but I'd imagine you'd get the same thing in the scandalous video.
Buy the scandalous vid and find out. It's 100% better than 2fast 2real. 8-9 second street cars > 12 second VWs. I've watched Scandalous a good amount of times and can't think of one instance of toolness that really stood out... 2fast 2real, I only watched half of it before I turned it off. Wasn't that good. The Times' Square thing was cool, but besides that, it wasn't worth much IMO.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Buy the scandalous vid and find out. It's 100% better than 2fast 2real. 8-9 second street cars > 12 second VWs. I've watched Scandalous a good amount of times and can't think of one instance of toolness that really stood out... 2fast 2real, I only watched half of it before I turned it off. Wasn't that good. The Times' Square thing was cool, but besides that, it wasn't worth much IMO.
thanks a bunch guys, real racers know real racing...I will never bad moth anyone else's product, but no one else's in like Scandalous, plus WE ARE REAL racers (f-body owners as well)....plain and simple and we dont act the fool in front of the camera or act like thugs to try and be cool, this is what we do, it is all real.....no one else can claim that...if they do, we have a very open challenge to them.
If the OWNER of the company owns a car he street races (his/her name must be on the title)...We would race HIS car with HIM driving HIS car (not a friends or someone he knows, blah, blah) heads up for any amount ANY DAY..on the street...PERIOD...lock it on that!

Thanks for the continuing support, see you all on TV coming later this year BTW
Old 06-23-2005, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

Again, I agree that a couple people act foolish, and I don't like the thug thing that you see here and there either, but when it comes to the cars, I still prefer a video with a nice mix and thats what this video has. Just b/c a car may not be an 8 or 9 second car doesn't mean its not fun to watch. Go rent a top fuel video if thats all you want to see. These are STREET car video's. And there isn't a shortage of very fast cars in the 2F2R video, its just that they throw a little of everything in the mix. I think you should have watched the entire video before commenting on it like you are and you'd see this. Honestly I wasn't crazy about it at first either but it gets better as it goes IMO. I have heard several people say they prefer the 2F2R video, so I guess its a matter of opinion. Either way I still have to buy the scandalous video b/c I am sure I'll enjoy that too

Last edited by KB99WS6; 06-23-2005 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StangStomper
real racers know real racing...I will never bad moth anyone else's product, but no one else's in like Scandalous, plus WE ARE REAL racers (f-body owners as well)
Not sure where you are going with this? Are you implying the races in 2F2R are fake? What do you think they are computer generated or something?

Can't speak for every person and every car in the video, but I know a couple of the guys in the video and they, their cars and the races are all very much REAL. Nothing about the video is fake.

Or are you just implying that Long Island just can compete with your street racing scene which is all perfectly wonderful people driving exclusively 8 & 9 second cars around the street
Old 06-23-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Just for the record I am only referring to and I have only seen 2Fast 2Real 2, I haven't seen the first one yet, so I can't comment on that one.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
another thing about those LI Extreme guys is alot of the races are staged
yea i seen that, i work in nyc, you will never see times square with no cars on the streets.
still a good vid. though.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

what do you mean by "still a good video THOUGH"?? The right time in the morning you will as the video proves. And even if they all got out and stopped traffic to do that, IMO that makes it even cooler, so in what way is it a negative thing?? You people are fuggin weird.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not sure where you are going with this? Are you implying the races in 2F2R are fake? What do you think they are computer generated or something?

Can't speak for every person and every car in the video, but I know a couple of the guys in the video and they, their cars and the races are all very much REAL. Nothing about the video is fake.

Or are you just implying that Long Island just can compete with your street racing scene which is all perfectly wonderful people driving exclusively 8 & 9 second cars around the street
In my opinion, Long Island can't compete with the Houston and Chi-Town scene. And I'm saying this from the tri-state area.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what do you mean by "still a good video THOUGH"?? The right time in the morning you will as the video proves. And even if they all got out and stopped traffic to do that, IMO that makes it even cooler, so in what way is it a negative thing?? You people are fuggin weird.
i mean it was a good dvd, even though they did stop traffic, i never said it was negative. ohh well who cares.
taking this a little too serious arent you.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

i have both videos and they are both good
Old 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

let me explain REAL to you just so you know....
to some folks this is a lifestyle....we dont get together to do it on tape...this is an everyday occurance for money....
We travel the ENTIRE USA for real street racing.
None of our guys weather from chicago, Htown or New york, River Falls, MA or even in Arizona do things for a camera, they do it becasue they are real racers that race for thousands of dollars.they do it because they live it, its not cool just for now becasue there is a camera there for them or us.

Now, I will not mention movies or companies, but when folks act for the camera, some of these racers have to deal with the consequences of some of these fools who think that acting like thugs makes them cool...its NOT cool, we are enthusients, not wanna be gang bangers, that is not US nor is it any enthusiest or street racers.

real is folks not only waiting for your DVD from state to state, but waiting to RACE you becasue you are just like them, real racers.

Real is what all street racers do everynight...just like what we are going to do tonight

Real is traveling to just about every damn state inthe US to street race for a day or 2 and drive back home

Real is racing on the street without permits....that is what makes it real street racing

real Street Racing is racing some real competition for some real money, not friends for ***** even though that could be fun as hell too...

Real is Krazy98 from this board who gets down as much as he can in MA and is reviving the scene and taking it back from the ricers

real is making the streets hook better than the track

real is many many things, but the reality we are talking about is the reality of STREET RACING, not a variety show with various types of skits...like I said before, everyones product serves a purpose, but it should be clearly stated what that purpose is....the word REAL street racing applies only to Scandalous and a select other few DVD making companies/guys whom I know, some from the NY area as well...variety, car show etc. are NOT real street racing, that is the point....
as we said before thanks to all who understand the lifestyle and for not watering it down...this aint Fast and the Furious folks...Not knocking anyone, they all put n some reallyhard work to get thier products out and if they appeal to you that is great and we wish them all success and you SHOULD support them or videos like this will die and you wont have any to choose from, i think it is great to have so many to choose from, I also think it is great that we are the choice for REAL street race, quality broadcast video and audio and nroadcast type production...obviously they (other guys) have something that many folks like...and it should be labeled accoridingly!

with that being said, we still have our standing offer to any Owner of these vid companies who say real street racing to get over here and prove it, YOU drive YOUR car and get down...lock up money can begin at $1000.00
Old 06-23-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by StangStomper
let me explain REAL to you just so you know....
to some folks this is a lifestyle....we dont get together to do it on tape...this is an everyday occurance for money....
We travel the ENTIRE USA for real street racing.
None of our guys weather from chicago, Htown or New york, River Falls, MA or even in Arizona do things for a camera, they do it becasue they are real racers that race for thousands of dollars.they do it because they live it, its not cool just for now becasue there is a camera there for them or us.

Now, I will not mention movies or companies, but when folks act for the camera, some of these racers have to deal with the consequences of some of these fools who think that acting like thugs makes them cool...its NOT cool, we are enthusients, not wanna be gang bangers, that is not US nor is it any enthusiest or street racers.

real is folks not only waiting for your DVD from state to state, but waiting to RACE you becasue you are just like them, real racers.

Real is what all street racers do everynight...just like what we are going to do tonight

Real is traveling to just about every damn state inthe US to street race for a day or 2 and drive back home

Real is racing on the street without permits....that is what makes it real street racing

real Street Racing is racing some real competition for some real money, not friends for ***** even though that could be fun as hell too...

Real is Krazy98 from this board who gets down as much as he can in MA and is reviving the scene and taking it back from the ricers

real is making the streets hook better than the track

real is many many things, but the reality we are talking about is the reality of STREET RACING, not a variety show with various types of skits...like I said before, everyones product serves a purpose, but it should be clearly stated what that purpose is....the word REAL street racing applies only to Scandalous and a select other few DVD making companies/guys whom I know, some from the NY area as well...variety, car show etc. are NOT real street racing, that is the point....
as we said before thanks to all who understand the lifestyle and for not watering it down...this aint Fast and the Furious folks...Not knocking anyone, they all put n some reallyhard work to get thier products out and if they appeal to you that is great and we wish them all success and you SHOULD support them or videos like this will die and you wont have any to choose from, i think it is great to have so many to choose from, I also think it is great that we are the choice for REAL street race, quality broadcast video and audio and nroadcast type production...obviously they (other guys) have something that many folks like...and it should be labeled accoridingly!

with that being said, we still have our standing offer to any Owner of these vid companies who say real street racing to get over here and prove it, YOU drive YOUR car and get down...lock up money can begin at $1000.00
Amen. Scandolous > *
Old 06-24-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Ok, I get it now....since the 2F2R video is not made up entirely of a band of professional touring 8-second road warriors this somehow makes its just a measely inferior compilation of FAKE street racing skits? LOL, whatever....

Vendetta, First off you need to actually watch the whole video before you make these statements and secondly, most of the car's in the video would probably destroy your WRX so get off the high horse acting like if its not a bunch of 8 or 9 second cars racing than its crap. Most everyone on this site is no where near 8 or 9 second's. I personally actually prefer seeing the regular guys going at it.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Vendetta, First off you need to actually watch the whole video before you make these statements and secondly, most of the car's in the video would probably destroy your WRX so get off the high horse acting like if its not a bunch of 8 or 9 second cars racing than its crap. Most everyone on this site is no where near 8 or 9 second's. I personally actually prefer seeing the regular guys going at it.
No need to be a jerkoff just because your **** sucks. I watched enough of the video to realize that it isn't **** compared to Scandalous. I turned it off because I didn't enjoy it, why would I watch the rest of it?

My WRX is a stock daily driver. They would all destroy my WRX, because I would never race with a 4-door grocery getter. I don't understand how my daily driver pertains to the fact that I'd rather see 8 and 9 second street cars racing than 12 and 13 second cars. I thought that most people would rather see fast street cars rather than slow ones, but I guess they wouldn't in your opinion, right?

Some of us just prefer faster cars to slower cars, what a novel idea that is huh? You can keep watching races between an 11 second Z06 and a 12 second F-Body like that on DVDs. If I want to see races between 11-13 second cars, I'll meet up with my buddies and take a cruise along with them while they run down 287 in Boonton. I don't need to waste my money on a DVD to see slow cars run. The reason I'm so high up on Scandalous is because Chitown and Houston have a much more prolific domestic street racing scenes than anything local to me. Seeing 8 and 9 second cars run on the street is awesome to me, because I've never seen it in person before.

You talk about preferring fast over slow like it's a sin or something. Pull your head outta your *** and take a look around, man.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

No need to be a jerkoff just because your **** sucks. .
LOL, do you not see the irony in this statement.

The problem is your attitude about it. Its not like you are just saying you prefer the Scandalous video, its that you are putting down the 2F2R video. You act like this video sucks just b/c 11-13 second cars are in it.

So unless there are 8-9 second cars you have no interest in watching them race? They aren't cool enough for you? they are all "slow" They all "suck" and they are all boring? Well you are putting down about 95% of the members rides on this site.

Ok so fine you'd PREFER to see the fastest cars possible, that's fine, nothing wrong with that, but why does that mean you have to put down anything but? Seems like a superiority complex. You probably use the word "suck" a lot don't you? You probably often yell "Bum" while watching pro-sporting events to, don't you?

And FYI, there are 8-10 second cars in the 2F2R video. Not to mention some good humorous footage (although you might be too hardass to appreciate it) and some great bike stunt footage too. You'd know this if you actually watched it.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

The problem is your attitude about it. Its not like you are just saying you prefer the Scandalous video, its that you are putting down the 2F2R video. You act like this video sucks just b/c 11-13 second cars are in it.
My attitude was never aggressive until you decided to pull me into this by making a comment about my car.

So unless there are 8-9 second cars you have no interest in watching them race? They aren't cool enough for you? they are all "slow" They all "suck" and they are all boring? Well you are putting down about 95% of the members rides on this site.
You answer this paragraph with the first sentence in your next one. I like to watch any racing, but I'm not about to pay to watch something when I can call some buddies up and see it in person.

Ok so fine you'd PREFER to see the fastest cars possible, that's fine, nothing wrong with that, but why does that mean you have to put down anything but? Seems like a superiority complex. You probably use the word "suck" a lot don't you? You probably often yell "Bum" while watching pro-sporting events to, don't you?
If anybody is honestly offended by my calling an 11-13 second car slow, they need to grow some *****. In my previous post, I called my own car a slow 4-door grocery getter.

And FYI, there are 8-10 second cars in the 2F2R video. Not to mention some good humorous footage (although you might be too hardass to appreciate it) and some great bike stunt footage too. You'd know this if you actually watched it.
Like I said, I watched about 20-30 mins of it, and the only part that entertained me was the opening clip of the Times Sq burnouts. Why would I continue to watch if I didn't find anything I enjoyed? These aren't novel ideas here, they're common sense.

Here are my basic thoughts on the matter:
I like Scandalous because...
1) It explores Chicago and Houston's underground street racing scene. It's not a bunch of guys out messing around with a camera.
2) The cars are amazingly fast for being street driven cars. The owners seem to know their ****.
I did not like 2F2R because...
1) Overall, it's nothing special IMO. I have a ton of friends who run similar cars every weekend up and down route 287 in North Jersey. Some of the clips are just boring, like the kid messing around on the quad.
2) Some of the guys on the vid seemed like complete tools.

If you still have a problem, sorry. I didn't like it, and I still think Scandalous is a way, way better video.