Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

WS6 vs civic from a dig

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on mods and lock this stupid thing already, this is way to gay...that or someone send parish8 to race these fools so theyll shutup. guess now its my turn to get flamed by these flamers
Old 04-16-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DanSSull
Wow, 1bdbrd is a idiot. He also ignores the fact that there was many more Civics then F-bodys, and that there are many more cars nearly as fast as Harlan on this board. He likes to talk about Honda's on a F-body forum and call others idiots?

Look for praise on a Honda forum. I don't need a turbo to destroy a turbo on a Civic, they are slow. Of course they are, they aren't race cars. The world doesn't have enough Camera's to catch on tape every time a Civic loses. I give respect to the fast Honda's because they deserve it, but saying that they are faster then turbos on F-bodys is just about the lamest thing I have heard.

I had to reply when I read over this thread, ignorance is amazing.

EDIT: One more thing, a Fbody doesn't weigh 3,800. Thats a convertible with a average weight driver, mine stock weighs 3515 with me driving. Sorry to lash out at you, but some of this is pathetic.
hey **** up. i didnt post this video. i argued with a dumbass who made dumbass comments. not unlike yourself. i will come out and say it. according to the fastest FI ls1 list, the fastest street driven fbodies are slower than the fastest street driven turbo hondas. period. not counting harlan (whose car i dont think is street driven much if any) the fastest turbo ls1 is MightyMouse at 9.92@144mph. the fastest turbo honda is 9.53@154mph. hell ill go as far down as the EIGHTH fastest turbo honda before it even TIES the fastest ls1 at 9.92 and even then it traps 10mph MORE than MM did.

no one EVER said that any car was better. thats where i dont understand where you guys get so ****** pissed off. he posted a video, just like a good 90% of thread starters in this forum. it envolved an LS1. theres NO rule that says you cant post a video of an ls1 getting beat by any car, let alone a honda. let your loud mouthed egos go for a minute, respect a car thats faster than all but ONE "street car" on this site and leave it at that. jesus people. its like someone raped your mother on tape in here and is posting it for the rest of the world to see.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAm
I need to ask you this..Would I be speculating if I said, mod for mod, a viper would annhilate any fbody out there, turbo for turbo, cam for cam? and also, does that make an fbody a pos?
mod for mod the viper has more potential than a fbody, you are correct there, and why would that make a fbody a pos? its just lower on the scale than a viper, just think of the price of the viper, of course when you get to engines of the same sizes/cylinders, then amount of displacement comes into place again, cause like the new z06 is gunna have a 427(yes i know they're a lot lighter, thats also a factor when you're comparing equal and close power), but then again you can always build a 427/swap one from another car, of course then thats mod for mod so the vette could also get larger, if it can be bored/stroked/replace with larger, i dunno, but in theory you can always go larger, but when you're comparing a 75,000$ car to a 30,000$ car, to a 12,000$ car, theres a big difference in what you expect and what you will get, like i said, you can always come back to mod for mod, a viper has a 10 cylinder, which has more potential than a 8 theoretically cause you can have more displacement overall, but I for one see the V8 as the dominant, IMO(straight line this is), V12 2nd, V10 3rd, I6/V6 4th, and then 4's, but then again thats all personal preferance, but I havent seen any large bore/strokes outta a viper engine really, nor a v12, the reason I see v12's as not being 1st is because they never DO do large displacement(compared to engine size), they always have like 6.0L v12's, when we're doin 6.0L+ v8's when we do engine swaps, but V12's are currently top of the line product, just not always performance(often are very good performance btw).
Old 04-16-2005, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

So then whats so special about an fbody?
Did I say anything was special about it? No!!! Either you are a total dumbass or you just want to start trouble on the ls1 forum. Is there nothing to talk about on vtec.com? Nobody here cares how fast your friend's civic is.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

also, i'm not saying that anything is a POS, i'm saying that everything has different potential levels, yes in my initial post I did say "POS 4 banger", I was saying that cause there isnt enough potential in my opinion to waste time on a 4-banger, btw, there may be more 10 second civics out there but how many 8 second civics are there? and why arent there that many fbody's? cause nobody strips their car like a civic....a civics got nothin, fbody's got everything, if you took a fbody, stripped it all the way down meaning 1 seat(race seat), NOT interior, no radio, no ac, no anything, and then had just the engine, body, and thats it from the original design, fiberglass/carbon fiber everything, all the **** that made that fbody go 7 seconds, all that jazz, theres a lot you can do to a fbody that nobody does because they like it as a comfortable daily driver.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MachoCamacho
also, i'm not saying that anything is a POS, i'm saying that everything has different potential levels, yes in my initial post I did say "POS 4 banger", I was saying that cause there isnt enough potential in my opinion to waste time on a 4-banger, btw, there may be more 10 second civics out there but how many 8 second civics are there? and why arent there that many fbody's? cause nobody strips their car like a civic....a civics got nothin, fbody's got everything, if you took a fbody, stripped it all the way down meaning 1 seat(race seat), NOT interior, no radio, no ac, no anything, and then had just the engine, body, and thats it from the original design, fiberglass/carbon fiber everything, all the **** that made that fbody go 7 seconds, all that jazz, theres a lot you can do to a fbody that nobody does because they like it as a comfortable daily driver.
o bullshit. your covering your *** because you got proven wrong and you still want to look cool to your fellow ethugs.

and redline: if this thread is so un-important to you, why are you STILL here and posting on the THIRD page? hell why did you even respond in the first place?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
and redline: if this thread is so un-important to you, why are you STILL here and posting on the THIRD page? hell why did you even respond in the first place?

To make you ask stupid questions worked didn't it
Old 04-16-2005, 01:01 AM
Staging Lane

mod for mod the viper has more potential than a fbody, you are correct there, and why would that make a fbody a pos? its just lower on the scale than a viper, just think of the price of the viper, of course when you get to engines of the same sizes/cylinders, then amount of displacement comes into place again, cause like the new z06 is gunna have a 427(yes i know they're a lot lighter, thats also a factor when you're comparing equal and close power), but then again you can always build a 427/swap one from another car, of course then thats mod for mod so the vette could also get larger, if it can be bored/stroked/replace with larger, i dunno, but in theory you can always go larger, but when you're comparing a 75,000$ car to a 30,000$ car, to a 12,000$ car, theres a big difference in what you expect and what you will get, like i said, you can always come back to mod for mod, a viper has a 10 cylinder, which has more potential than a 8 theoretically cause you can have more displacement overall, but I for one see the V8 as the dominant, IMO(straight line this is), V12 2nd, V10 3rd, I6/V6 4th, and then 4's, but then again thats all personal preferance, but I havent seen any large bore/strokes outta a viper engine really, nor a v12, the reason I see v12's as not being 1st is because they never DO do large displacement(compared to engine size), they always have like 6.0L v12's, when we're doin 6.0L+ v8's when we do engine swaps, but V12's are currently top of the line product, just not always performance(often are very good performance btw).

let me cut to the chase, in sactioned events, every car falls into a certain class, Big blocks cant compete with 5.0's in po 5.0 FI cars cant compete with all motor class, etc etc. ok but with street cars, its all random, whether u race on the street or bring it to the track, and as long as u have a true street car, U will never be able to gurantee a win. there are 130,140 and 150mph hondas and domestics, there are 9 second turbo street honda's and street domestics. both parties are fast.

but regardless, all of this is off topic and doesnt change the results of the video in this thread, it also wont stop similar reults in teh futre. if by chance you or anyone in this thread runs into a honda and gets beat, it wont matter if you had XXX mods or XXX dollars into the car u will if your being walked u wont be thinking, "well there has to be a turbo ls1 out there that is faster than this car beating me". if you lose, u lose, you buy more mods an hope you can claim victory another day. but benchracing and speculating, talking about what other peoplle can do and talking about what if's dont change the fact that there are many that will hand you your *** on a platter, so whats th point?
Old 04-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redline2k
Did I say anything was special about it? No!!! Either you are a total dumbass or you just want to start trouble on the ls1 forum. Is there nothing to talk about on vtec.com? Nobody here cares how fast your friend's civic is.

Did I hurt your feelings? u seem rather angy,.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:07 AM
10 Second Club

Did I hurt your feelings? u seem rather angy,.
No I don't have feelings my ex-wife got them in the divorce.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:16 AM
12 Second Club

o bullshit. your covering your *** because you got proven wrong and you still want to look cool to your fellow ethugs.
you can think what you want but this is the internet bro, who gives a flying f*ck what other people think, its nice to get compliments and its nice to debate but thats all you can do, learn, dispute, and teach on the internet, I give TransAm more respect than your dousche bag *** for sayin that.

and TransAm, A win is a win and a loss is a loss, there are always faster cars that are in any class, weather it be 4 cyl civic vs a labo thats stock, or a ls1 vs a viper, they'll all be good races IMO, but if you lose you'll always want more out of your car, thats what keeps people modding.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

Just how fast do u need to go on the street? and are you planning on running these times in your car? there are 9 second street hondas out there, but lets ignore that for a second. lets say an fbody can be built to run 8's in street trim for arguements sake can YOU..

A. afford to build it?
B. Do u have any plans on building it?

if The answer yes, then good luck and hope u get there, if the answer is no, then what is all this potential good for if your not harnessing it? seriously. if there are honda's running 9's and you arent running more than 12's ,11's or 10's then why exactly is your car worth it?

Now I dont mean to talk about 10's 11's and 12's like those arent really fast times. but if at the end of the day one of those times is all you can afford to run, and you are happy, why should it matter what car its done in?

Last edited by TransAm; 04-16-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:01 AM
12 Second Club

A: cannot afford immediately
B: Yes I do actually have plans to hit 10's/single digits maybe eventually

But then again, you can contradict your point as well, that there are many honda owners not willing to use their potential to the max and not go to the 9's either, I bought this car personally because I figure it will be a long term process, but I also got it because when i buy something I keep it forever, so i'll have this LS1, and i've already spent around 2000$ in this year(i only got my car a year ago feb), now last fall I had my car fully paid off, and now in the last 6 months i've spent about 2000$ in parts on it, is it cheaper to make a fast civic, yes, is it but I got this car for the potential, the feel, and the just the pure love i've had for fbody's since I've seen any of em, I guess you do have a point that as long as you are satisfied with your own times then what does it matter, because thats the way i've always thought of the drag strip, is that its a race to nobody but myself, I was happy for my times that I got with my lid/filter/ssra(speeds), and if I cut times with my current mods that I wish to make then I will be happy, anyways, i guess it was fun disputing but I'll let someone else take their point, and you're also right about street racing and you'll never be racing someone int he exact same class as you.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:47 AM
Staging Lane

These people are sad, they must have got their **** kicked by a fbody lately. I give the car props, and other fast Honda's props, to all their own.

I say lock this thread.

Last edited by DanSSull; 04-16-2005 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

A: cannot afford immediately
B: Yes I do actually have plans to hit 10's/single digits maybe eventually

But then again, you can contradict your point as well, that there are many honda owners not willing to use their potential to the max and not go to the 9's either, I bought this car personally because I figure it will be a long term process, but I also got it because when i buy something I keep it forever, so i'll have this LS1, and i've already spent around 2000$ in this year(i only got my car a year ago feb), now last fall I had my car fully paid off, and now in the last 6 months i've spent about 2000$ in parts on it, is it cheaper to make a fast civic, yes, is it but I got this car for the potential, the feel, and the just the pure love i've had for fbody's since I've seen any of em, I guess you do have a point that as long as you are satisfied with your own times then what does it matter, because thats the way i've always thought of the drag strip, is that its a race to nobody but myself, I was happy for my times that I got with my lid/filter/ssra(speeds), and if I cut times with my current mods that I wish to make then I will be happy, anyways, i guess it was fun disputing but I'll let someone else take their point, and you're also right about street racing and you'll never be racing someone int he exact same class as you.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanSSull
These people are sad, they must have got their **** kicked by a fbody lately. I give the car props, and other fast Honda's props, to all their own.

I say lock this thread.
dude, me and TransAm both OWN fbodies. he owns a h/c/nitrous WS6 and i owned a modded L98 trans am. its not like we dont know anything about these cars.

and why should this get locked? the only people getting pissed and causing **** in here are you guys. i tried it but it looked kinda stupid.

whats funny is everyone in here is calling bullshit on what we are saying but theres no proof that what say CANT be done. ill give props to someone that can actually disprove what we say.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

the AVERAGE turbo ls1 is an 11 second car, they dont all run 8,9 or 10's. to say a turbo ls1 WILL beat a turbo honda is a very broad statement. and there is no such thing as mod for mod because one its a rwd 8 cylinder the other is a fwd 4 cylinder. now if you want to at least try to keep it to apples to apples. you can put a built street turbo ls1 vs a built street honda and you will NOT be able to gurantee that the turbo ls1 will be faster.

Harlans car is the only car on the LS1 Boosted list that has gone faster than a daily driven street honda.. so far there are Civics that will beat every other car on the list and thats with 5 speed not a powerglide race tranny. there are more 10 second street turbo hondas than 10 second turbo ls1's and beleive me thats not a broad statement.

a turbcharged ls1 is not guranteed to beat a turbo honda, espeically a m6. not on the track and not on the highway.
Maybe you should get a Honda
Old 04-16-2005, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

the fastest turbo ls1 is MightyMouse at 9.92@144mph. the fastest turbo honda is 9.53@154mph. hell ill go as far down as the EIGHTH fastest turbo honda before it even TIES the fastest ls1 at 9.92 and even then it traps 10mph MORE than MM did.
I think the reasson for the lack of turbo ls1's would be if you built one where would you race it? We have all of 4 tech races this year, and the only car they would have to race would be Joe Overton. So lets say you built in to race in an outlaw class you wouldn't stand a chance. The fastest honda traps the 1/4 @ 154. I have seen Outlaw f-bodys trap 176 mph the 1/8. So again why build a turbo ls1 when a huge big block with a lot of nitrous is cheaper and will suck the paint off your turbo car as it goes bye. Be honest a 1000 rwhp is pretty useless on the street too.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Teching In

ok that is my civic in that vid it is not a ricer and i do not have a ricer attudie, my car had a stock b20 motor with a turbo kit on it thats it no ecu work the turbo was ****,my car was not the fastest car around but it do go for a 4banger i spent 3,000$ on the whole set up, that was my car spinning in the vid not the ls1 he was on a drag tire i was on a street tire, i thought i was going to lose that race,i just want to know why everyone got to bash honda owners? espicaly if they dont have the ricer attudie!almost all my friends got mustangs,it dont matter who wins,i race for fun! NOT TO BRAG!
Old 04-16-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
Maybe you should get a Honda
he owns a turbo honda.