Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Pics of my buddy's hatch (56K)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 11:54 AM
DJ
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a pretty clean EK, i like the si cluster, JDM wheel and mirrors. both wheels look good, i actually like the Rega's style but the RH color

and my old hatch did that same **** with my final drive id hit vtec at like 7X mph so on the way to the track id have to change the vtec controller to switch over up high, but the toda cams i had sucked bad when i was in the vtec range but disabled vtec--made for a lame ride to commerce, but thats what i got for trying to have a race car (honda no less) and a daily driver all in one

DJ
Old 05-27-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is no typical Honda DX

I like the Si Cluster too.

By the way, I live out west of you DJ, I'm in Loganville.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks clean, i always thought of building up a nice hatch for a daily w/ a mild swap
Old 05-27-2005, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

i am like cj i would like to bulid nice hatch with a huge turbo for the streets or a nice talon AWD.....nice clean hatch i like white wheels more
Old 05-27-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

clean car...i have always loved that purple color honda had, makes me wish i would have gotten a gallon of it now instead of my kandy purple
Old 05-27-2005, 08:05 PM
DJ
Staging Lane

yeah loganville's only like 40 min from here

not to dis the above car--no harm here intended but for those who said they consider(ed) building a mild swapped hatch either for gas mileage or just for somehting to do do not get a b16, go with the B18 (B,C, C1, C5) or B20.

*vtec* (lol) or not the B16 are weak
for the same money you can get a gsr (B18C) and have more power and better response to mods, the only b16's that are cheaper are the old gens that came from 88-91 jdm crx's and newer usdm civics etc..which by now are like 15 years old.

sorry end rant
ive just been building hondas forever and absolutly loathe b16 motors, its my mission to inform people to never buy one ever

but +1 for a not riced out stickered up hatch

--DJ
Old 05-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Get the rims to match the body colour and it would be better.

The engine bay looks GREAT!

Needs tint, though...
Old 05-27-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DJ
yeah loganville's only like 40 min from here

not to dis the above car--no harm here intended but for those who said they consider(ed) building a mild swapped hatch either for gas mileage or just for somehting to do do not get a b16, go with the B18 (B,C, C1, C5) or B20.

*vtec* (lol) or not the B16 are weak
for the same money you can get a gsr (B18C) and have more power and better response to mods, the only b16's that are cheaper are the old gens that came from 88-91 jdm crx's and newer usdm civics etc..which by now are like 15 years old.

sorry end rant
ive just been building hondas forever and absolutly loathe b16 motors, its my mission to inform people to never buy one ever

but +1 for a not riced out stickered up hatch

--DJ

I agree with you to a certain extent. Bigger displacement is better, but I would never get a B18A or B18B over a B16. Definitely a C/C1/C5. Saying that they are weak isn't true...there's plenty of guys making lots of power on b16's...sure if they had a b18 maybe they'd make more, but there isn't a HUGE difference.

Here's a local's Si. Granted it's not 1.6 displacement still...it's a 1.7, but 1.6's can still handle plenty of power. Last I heard he was making 676FWHP.

Old 05-27-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Clean hatch. Looks like the hood has seen better days though.

Any vids??

-Matt
Old 05-28-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
THAT's the kind of import I respect. Very tastefully done. Congrats to the good lookin Honda man. Very cool.

Brad

EDIT: the carbon fiber intake looks AMAZING.
I agree.
But the rims take away from the car. I would get something that matches the car.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:25 PM
DJ
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ritz
I agree with you to a certain extent. Bigger displacement is better, but I would never get a B18A or B18B over a B16. Definitely a C/C1/C5. Saying that they are weak isn't true...there's plenty of guys making lots of power on b16's...sure if they had a b18 maybe they'd make more, but there isn't a HUGE difference.

Here's a local's Si. Granted it's not 1.6 displacement still...it's a 1.7, but 1.6's can still handle plenty of power. Last I heard he was making 676FWHP.

i agree to some extent as well, yes there are some b16's out there making plenty of power, my beef is well:
i would take a b18B (ls) over a b16
heres why: at least here is my $$.02
stock for stock, well lets say i/h/e
b16 is looking at maybe 155-160 and 95-105 hp/tq at the ground
b18B is about 130-145 and 110-125 hp/tq at the ground
so the difference is agruable
b16's are prone to piston breakage although they do have the best possible r/s ratio at like 1.74 i believe--been a while
while b18B's are proven to be very tough

once modded to any extent the b18 will make up and pass the b16 (while being cheaper form the start, and once fully forged and boosted that same si with those exact mods (obviously different cams of the same caliber) will be faster.
i mean i guess i have to admit that b16 are good motors, i just find my self partial to any other dohc honda motor(minus a ZC, or early prelude b20C) because they have more displacement the same or more potential and are for the majority cheaper to obtain and more reliable.

That si is bad *** though

if you get some time surf on over to importlounge.com
i mod the 1/4 section
unfortunitly there has been a recent influx of asshats and some of the og'ers have become *** clowns as well, but rice is not tolerated and its not as **** as h-t.com
ive gotten (we'll someone got) at least 4 members from there to buy ls1's, help me convert the rest J/K

DJ

SORRY for the thread jacking (it was unintentional)