Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Me Vs. 530hp TT 350Z.......*vid*

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have never seen you at the track. What kind of quarter mile times is that thing putting up. Would like to see some good vids of you at the track.

Eric
Old 06-28-2005, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

I am waiting to go to the track until I get a rearend. My rearend is totally stock and I really don't want my car to be down until I can afford a new rear. So I'm just gonna roll race until then. But I'll post up the vids as soon as I get them.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Good run....kinda close for a second but then he faded...nice kill!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

There's no doubt in my mind that the LS1 motor isn't quite amazing. And yes it is all about what you put down to the wheels. You gotta remember a couple things though when talking about turbo's there's a lot that you have to consider. One being that it is now summer, and who knows really how hot it was that day. In my Bro's 300ZX TT we raced a procharged Mustang on a hot day and the T-tops off.(probably like 95 degrees or so) We got walked pretty decently. When we did it again on a much cooler day like 60-65 degrees at night and tops on we probably had about a car and half him up to 145 mph. Plus depending on how that Z is tuned plays an effect. If he is still running a High compression it would mean that he should be running a low amount Boost like 6-8 pounds. But when dropping a thicker head gasket in and a different cam he can get that down to like 8.3:1 and run 10-12psi. I don't wanna sound like I'm making excuses it's not even my car to defend and when it comes down to it you can make anything fast as hell! there's probably a Geo Metro out there somewhere that can spank both these cars. Just one question too......Is that your SS supercharged or Just NA?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he has a Cam, Bolt-ons, and is spraying a 150 shot with the TNT Kit, that 350z is on the 3rd setup if i recall correctly, but now he has the psi down a bit so he doesnt blow it again lol.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah that kinda sucks for us! We can't run that High of Boost level because of the compression ratio or else Kaboom! I like the turbo kit for that car but it seems like it's too much money. You can get a Procharger kit that is almost 1,700 less and put down 420-430 which ain't really that bad. This video has got me wondering now how my buddies LS1 will do with all that work except the Nitrous but with a Vortech on it. Looks exactly like yours, very nice!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
There's no doubt in my mind that the LS1 motor isn't quite amazing. And yes it is all about what you put down to the wheels. You gotta remember a couple things though when talking about turbo's there's a lot that you have to consider. One being that it is now summer, and who knows really how hot it was that day. In my Bro's 300ZX TT we raced a procharged Mustang on a hot day and the T-tops off.(probably like 95 degrees or so) We got walked pretty decently. When we did it again on a much cooler day like 60-65 degrees at night and tops on we probably had about a car and half him up to 145 mph. Plus depending on how that Z is tuned plays an effect. If he is still running a High compression it would mean that he should be running a low amount Boost like 6-8 pounds. But when dropping a thicker head gasket in and a different cam he can get that down to like 8.3:1 and run 10-12psi. I don't wanna sound like I'm making excuses it's not even my car to defend and when it comes down to it you can make anything fast as hell! there's probably a Geo Metro out there somewhere that can spank both these cars. Just one question too......Is that your SS supercharged or Just NA?

The 350z is pushing 14 psi.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

wow good kill
Old 06-29-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

When you buy a turbo, you have to remember that earth's position relative to the sun during revolutions creates a phenomena of "seasons," Summer being the hottest. The Slower car loses. The Faster car wins. You have to take the seasons in mind when you buy a turbo if you plan on driving on Earth.

You can make anything fast, yes, but I categorize the 350Z's VQ motor and the F-body's LS1 motor a little higher than a Geo Metro's 3 cyl.

If you're boosted and lose in the Summer, you need more boost, plain and simple. You were not fast enough, shouldn't blame it on the weather.

I understand what you're saying, but post-qualifying a string of excuses as non-excuses has confused me a bit.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by biltLT1
The 350z is pushing 14 psi.
Any 1/4 mile times for it?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bboyferal
If you're boosted and lose in the Summer, you need more boost, plain and simple. You were not fast enough, shouldn't blame it on the weather.
well i take it you dont know much about turbos and what the weather does to a FI motor.

Weather greatly effects a FI motor, N/A or nitrous motor. It is due to the colder air being more denser, and all that ****, i could go on, but post up in the FI section and learn some so you dont sound like an ignorant *******.

Great kill bro...and that is def. a clean threefiddy z

Last edited by | Powered by Satan |; 06-29-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Darkside
well i take it you dont know much about turbos and what the weather does to a FI motor.

Weather greatly effects a FI motor, more than a typical N/A or nitrous motor. It is due to the colder air being more denser, and all that ****, i could go on, but post up in the FI section and learn some so you dont sound like an ignorant *******.

I know that the density of the air affects an n/a car much more than a FI car. Take a trip here and run over a second slower in the 1/4 and lose 20% of your cars hp. FI cars here typically lose about half a second in the 1/4 here. Of course this is if we're lucky and see 5000ft DA, during the summer the DA to reaches 8000ft.

So if anything, the 350z in the vid had an advantage over the n/a camaro at high elevation. If this same race happened at sea level, he would've beaten him worse.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

more the reason why i <3 houston
Old 06-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bboyferal
When you buy a turbo, you have to remember that earth's position relative to the sun during revolutions creates a phenomena of "seasons," Summer being the hottest. The Slower car loses. The Faster car wins. You have to take the seasons in mind when you buy a turbo if you plan on driving on Earth.

You can make anything fast, yes, but I categorize the 350Z's VQ motor and the F-body's LS1 motor a little higher than a Geo Metro's 3 cyl.

I understand what you're saying, but post-qualifying a string of excuses as non-excuses has confused me a bit.

Thanks a lot for the info Bill Nye the science guy!!! But what I was saying is not an excuse and I'm not even defending it. That 350 got its handed to it and that's about it! I own one, and know their not the fastest thing around and stock for stock your F-Bodies are faster. So instead of trying to impress your friends by trying to sound like a smart *** why don't you do your homework first. Yes the Geo is a POS, but I was only stating that as an example because I have seen cars that you don't expect to run crap pull 10's. If your a boosted car and you loose in the summer "You don't go and put more boost"(atleast to a stock turbo) because at a certain point PSI means ****! You have to cool things down like a front mount or spray bar for it to make a difference. That day I wasn't fast enough but it's ok because working in a Mustang place like I do I learn to respect certain cars and deal with people like you all the time. THE DARKSIDE, thanks for realizing what I'm talking about and also seeing that i'm not trying to start an argument. It's pretty evident that 350 lost so what can I say??
Old 06-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

That day I wasn't fast enough
I thought in your earlier posts you said it wasn't your car?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Darkside

Weather greatly effects a FI motor, N/A or nitrous motor. It is due to the colder air being more denser, and all that ****, i could go on, but post up in the FI section and learn some so you dont sound like an ignorant *******.

Who said I didn't agree with you? Did I say I agreed an FI motor loses significant boost due to seasons? I tried to make it sound as ridiculous as I could. You guys didn't get my sacrcasm. No need to call me an *******! Let me make it cleaarrrr! The weather excuse is overrated! You're the ******* that can't draw a point from a box of needles. I agree with you, idiot! I've done all my research for boost, thank you. Do some ResearcH on literary devices, e.g. irony and sarcasm. You finished high school, right? You should be able to identify these.

Anyway, let me take away the sarcasm, you guys are in the mood to flame, obviously: Weather affects all cars/induction types, the 350Z in addition to the other car. Raising boost becomes an inadequate solution at higher temps. It's not a good reason for losing. I'm not too familiar with the Greddy Kit, if that's what it has, but I'm sure it has an adequate FMIC. You've addressed the issue correctly, could not agree with you more... No PMSing, please.
I didn't see all the eggshells around, sorry.

Last edited by bboyferal; 06-29-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kill man, too bad those twin turbos didnt come in handy for him lol
Old 06-29-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Junkie

[QUOTE=DemitriHKS] That day I wasn't fast enough but it's ok because working [QUOTE]

Sorry for being a little sarcastic People like me? You don't know what you're talking about. I probably love imports more than most F-body owners... Trust me, I get ripped for it here, too, especially when I jock them in defense over LS1's.

I just felt it's funny that it does sound like excuses. I DO understand what you're saying. Anyway, is the car yours or not?

Last edited by bboyferal; 06-29-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

That Turbo 350 isn't mine. I own another one but what I mentioned earlier was my brother's 300ZX. I just wanted to ask some questions about that camaro that's all. Didn't want to come off as an import geek or an *** just trying to make general convesation.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

nice race