Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Lucky Soldier

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would've been great to see a bunch of US soldiers pop up after that shot and start firing rounds back at the camera. I'm glad that guy is okay.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Wow! Good thing they didn't go for the head! Lucky. I'm glad they were caught though.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Teching In

crazy we train and train for this kinda stuff when it actually happens im sure its not that easy to think and react as if it was trainnin I myself havent been in combat yet but i know a few who have and from what i hear its not easy that PFC did a damn good job of reacting to direct fire i hope he got recognized in the respected manor this is the whole reason why i want to go to iraq so bad there are guys over there busting *** and really deserve to come home i would relieve them any day to go back home
Old 07-22-2005, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Firechicken1995
crazy we train and train for this kinda stuff when it actually happens im sure its not that easy to think and react as if it was trainnin I myself havent been in combat yet but i know a few who have and from what i hear its not easy that PFC did a damn good job of reacting to direct fire i hope he got recognized in the respected manor this is the whole reason why i want to go to iraq so bad there are guys over there busting *** and really deserve to come home i would relieve them any day to go back home
dont worry guy your time is coming, and im sure it will be soon. my unit has a warning order and we leave for our mob. station in january. tour is an 18 month tour in afphganistan for up to 18 months. the army is stretched so thin that the active component cannot handle it anymore, most of the units going over are reserve and guard. including those that have already been deployed for 12 months in the past 2 years. and i am in that situation. but this is what i signed on for many years ago
Old 07-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Teching In

yea i signed up when i was 17 and left when i was 18 only a week after highschool just to be sent here to korea should be leaving in jan after being here 2years im changing my job to 88K b/c they only get stationed in virginia or hawaii and never go to korea.... thats how bad i hate this place but at the same time i wont be able to go to iraq like i want to iv tried to go 3 times and everytime they said they needed E5 and higher mechanics
Old 07-23-2005, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't have helped the sniper after I caught him, once I got him I would just shoot him in the head but then again I'm not as good as that soilder.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Banned

I heard about that guy, he got shot with an AK from an angle, 7.62 cal.

I hate wearing those plates, but I guess they work.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys that are heading over this way be sure to PM when you can, it'd be nice to meet up and chat f-body's over here in the desert.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Restricted User

Link is down, much respect for the guys over there.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
What the hell where they saying Allah something?? ******* ****. I wish he would have saw them so he would have shot back.
Allahua Ahkbar (God is Great)
Old 07-23-2005, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WECIV
Our stupid rules have made fools out of us in Korea, Vietnam, and these two recent wars. We have done well in all the above wars, but we can do better. If you want to fight an Easterner you have to fight him in the manner he fights you. We better learn our lesson before we take on China.
China would be a walk in the park in every aspect except a ground war on thier homeland.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hagarr
Christ will judge them when their time comes and they shall reap the rewards of their deeds.
I bet you believe in santa and the easter bunny...

j/k

Just a BTW the vid doesn't work.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

China is far from a walk in the park. They are going to eat our lunch economically as well if we are not careful. We won WWI, II, and the Cold War because we had a bigger economy and/or more people. China has one billion more people than we have. They also possess a 6.5 tril econ to our 10.9 econ. However the Chinese economy is growing at .09 a year to our .03. By 2020 the Chinese should be almost on par with us economically. The Chinese are cunning little Communist bastards and we better learn to quit fighting fair, because Eastern forces do not fight fair. The lessons we learn from this war will directly effect how we fight a Pacific war against China. We are reorienting our forces for a counterinsurgency, when we need to be building up the capabilities of the Navy and Air Force (along with reorienting out ground forces away from second generation warfare, but that can be done with the gear we curently possess, the main emphasis needs to be on training the individual troops how to be more maneuver oriented).
Old 07-24-2005, 12:39 AM
NKAWTG...N

If we even up trade with them I think our growth will rise and theirs will decline. we need to balance that trade deficit, badly! but the good news is that while they might be numerically superior, their army, navy, and air force would have about the same chance saddam's did back in 91.

as tom clancy wrote in the bear and the dragon (ironically about china invading russia over oil and gold): "your dicks aren't big enough to get in a pissing match with us"
Old 07-24-2005, 06:29 AM
12 Second Club

Well yes we are busting our ***' off over here. Im in Mosul ive seen first hand that the plates work from about 10 meters away flash TCP turned bad. We killed all four men point blank they ran one of our guys over shot him 4 times once in the cheek ( grazed by his eye) hit another one of our guys in the plate rite in the spine half inch higher it would of been in his neck. shot another soldier in the arm and our medic in the leg.. all our men survived one lost 2 fingers.. but we killed all those bastards and burned em. Ive got plenty of pix of terrorist we have shot from sniper OP's and needles to say i was aiming for the head they didnt make it! . Four mean 10 meters away had the jump on us got us when we were dismounting out of the Stryker and they didnt kill a soul! they got what was owd to them Im just ready to come home in sept and enjoy my baby my oh so sexy formula GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Old 07-24-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Why is everyone so scared of China? Remember Japan? 30 years ago everyone said they'd surpass us by now, then the bubble burst. China is going to do the same thing, only they have a much much larger bubble.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

I hate to disagree with you Stoleit. The Chinese military may not be as technologically sophisticated as the Americans, however; the Allies during WWII were rude and crude compared to the *****. Numbers won out. The Korean War was almost won by China with hungry peasants armed with tommy guns and the occasional mortar. In the air the MiG15 as **** poor technologically compared to our F86's, however when you have 50 F86's and they have 300 MiG's it created a situation where we almost lost. Not only do the Chinese have numerical superiority, that is getting stronger. They also have a mindset that Sun Tzu would have liked. The Eastern mind whether it be a Chechan rebel in Grozny or a Communist in China is extremely dangerous. The mind is the most important weapon and the bottom up command structure of the Chinese is vastly superior to ours in actually using it. We oft times expect troops to shut their brain housing unit down and simply follow orders. Our troop losses would be much lower if we used a bottom up structure and allowed our military to "flow like water." Instead of flowing we try to attack the toughest structure in a Clauswitzian mindset. Attacking weakness is the Eastern way to fight a war, whereas we attack strengths. I do not think the economic issues bare our what you are saying. The Chinese own our debt and they actually produce things in their country. They are a threat enough that Japan, Russia, and India are scared crapless. In Russia alone there are 3-5 million Chinese. The Chinese have said for the last 600 yrs they will get back their stolen lands from Russia. Lands that are full of gold and oil. And, the Chinese have the monies to exploit the natural resources. America is far enough away and the Chinese possess a crappy delivery capability for their nukes, that for the moment we allow ourselves to be fat, dumb, and happy. We should be investing in better tactics, technics, and procedures for our naval and air forces (and some equipment). The Chinese are doing just that and building forces that can assymetrically attack our carriers. We better realize that we are in a very dangerous position.

Will, the reason that Japan was never a large enough threat was their size. The Japanese do not have the people. They did not possess the power projection--people wise--to engage the US and harm us on our own turf. Also the the United States military had considerably more teeth back in the day and people that were actually willing to use all the teeth. Today we are much weaker physically and non-corporeally.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh....and Japan never developed weapons to engage American forces. Nor, did the Japanese ever consider us an enemy amongst their military. We are the biggest threat that China practices engaging. Japan's children did not play video games about a future war between the US and their country.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by astrochimp
they don't believe in christ...

they just need to be slaughtered

Just because you don't believe in Jesus does not mean he won't effect you in the future . (judge you)
Old 07-24-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tim 98z
The rest of the story. They did shoot back and hit the sniper. THEN went over and after cuffing him he gave medical care to the sniper that just tried to kill him.
WOW.

Sounds like this guy was in a way being more Christian-like than some here.