Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Blown Cobra gets...umm...sideways?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
guy was in his mid 30s i believe. i read the post somewhere about it and it talked about him bein the nicest guy ever. he didnt counter steer because it went sideways when he hit second gear. i also read it tore him up emotionally pretty hard. took him like 45 minutes to get out of the car.
I will show absolutely no sympathy. The guy is a flat out moron. It prolly took him 45 minutes to get out cuz he had to wait for his pants to dry.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:18 AM
12 Second Club

Hahahaha!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:55 AM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

That is what he gets for being an *** and driving like an idiot on the street!

I hope everyone was ok.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

What a jerk.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
I will show absolutely no sympathy. The guy is a flat out moron. It prolly took him 45 minutes to get out cuz he had to wait for his pants to dry.

why? because he got on it on the street? if you are on this site and your car is street driven then you have gotten on it and if you say you havent then you are flat lying. yours may not have slid sideways like that because it didnt have 600+rwhp. we all make stupid mistakes (not condoning driving like this BTW) his just happened to be caught on camera for all to see.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

watched it about 30 times so far. Awesome driving.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you don't know for certain that you have the skills to handle a 600+rwhp car then you should not be attempting to do burnouts on public roads at crowded intersections. Plain and simple. Take it to a track or a secluded area to learn how to drive it!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

that was great i love dumb people
Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

holy **** that sucks!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
If you don't know for certain that you have the skills to handle a 600+rwhp car then you should not be attempting to do burnouts on public roads at crowded intersections. Plain and simple. Take it to a track or a secluded area to learn how to drive it!
Old 08-02-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
why? because he got on it on the street? if you are on this site and your car is street driven then you have gotten on it and if you say you havent then you are flat lying. yours may not have slid sideways like that because it didnt have 600+rwhp. we all make stupid mistakes (not condoning driving like this BTW) his just happened to be caught on camera for all to see.
It almost seems like you're trying to defend him. Like Chad said, if you're not certain you can handle it, don't dick around on the street with it. Thats what tracks, scheduled events, and really really really empty BIG parking lots are for. I never said I haven't gotten on it, and like you said, I'd be lieing if I said I hadn't, but I can honestly say in a CROWDED PUBLIC INTERSECTION, I have never done anything nearly, even remotely as stupid as that. We've all hit the loud pedal in public, but 99% of us have never done something that reckless. There's a huge difference between "getting on it" and recklessly "getting on it" to try to pull some stunt for a camera. That car doesn't need much gas to get up and move, and he obviously was trying to show off, completely overdid it, and now he's paid for it. Sucks it got him all emotional and blah blah blah, but I'll take the side of everyone else and call him a dip **** for even attempting such a stupid stunt. Does that explain why I won't show the guy sympathy a little better bro? [/rant]
Old 08-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Its a friend of mines car....bad choices lead to bad things...
Old 08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
dug
Banned

Sshit Happens
Old 08-02-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

but from the looks of its almost like that was the first time hes ever punched it with that much power on tap. i mean i have had times on the street where the car got sideways and it would scare the **** out of me and i'll cruise the rest of the time. and after that incident ive been alot more careful with my driving. but as i was saying it was as if he slapped on a bunch of **** took it on the road for a test drive and he couldn't handle the power. you cannot be careless with power, as your power increases you have to be even more careful where you use it or how you use it. hopefully everyone came out ok. sucks for the car but a car can be replaced a life can't.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Heres some pics of the aftermath

Old 08-02-2005, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

WHAT A DUMBASS
Old 08-02-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

half the people on here are god damn hypocrites...

people make mistakes, and sometimes the car takes control. I've gotten sideways before and had no chance to recover from hitting a wet spot that i couldnt see. Thankfully i didnt have any traffic.. or curbs for that matter. All of you that say hes an idiot for doing it on the street are completely calling the kettle black. You own one of these cars, mod it, and drive it on the street... you know damn well you have done something similar(minus the wreck for some). I'm not saying its right but laughing at the guy and calling him a moron is just foolish. Reflect on yourselves a little more and pray karma isnt a reality.

I feel bad for the guy, and I'm sure he feels even worse.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

"With great power comes great responsibility...

OH NO MY SPIDER SENSE IS GOING CRAZY"

In all seriousness though, to the people saying that bashers are being too critical, I think there's a big difference between getting on it at 3 in the morning with empty streets than getting on it at a crowded intersection and plowing into a few cars. The reason most people are giving him **** is because he blatantly putt the lives of others at risk. It's not like he couldn't see the traffic on the opposite side of the road. I mean I'm sure he didn't think he'd be hopping curbs but to do dumb **** with people in the vicinity is just plain ******* stupid. Yes doing it at 3 in the morning with no one around is just as wrong as doing it in broad daylight with other vehicles nearby. Yes it's just as wrong... but it is NOT just as dangerous. If you want to be a dumbass be a dumbass the **** away from anybody else. We've all gotten heavy on the throttle before and while I'm not trying to justify breaking the law, I would think most people here have better judgement than that assclown.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

My guess is once again... that was another bullshit post. So you have NEVER gotten on it in the daytime when you have NO TRAFFIC on your side of the road?!?!? Please..
Old 08-02-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

i would've pretended to be dead just so people wouldn't laugh at me.

Quick Reply: Blown Cobra gets...umm...sideways?