Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Blown Cobra gets...umm...sideways?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha thats great. hey it happens, well not to often but it does. glad eveyone is alright, but like everyone says he stupid for what he did and i bet (hope he learned his lesson) that he will never do it again, our buy a focus!!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mongoose
i would've pretended to be dead just so people wouldn't laugh at me.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

That is just sad.

B
Old 08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Teching In

God thats funny . Poor guy i feel for him though. Just hope dosent do again. I'd love to hear that phone call to the insurance company.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
My guess is once again... that was another bullshit post. So you have NEVER gotten on it in the daytime when you have NO TRAFFIC on your side of the road?!?!? Please..
I have done burnouts in DC traffic in the last two cars that I've owned!!! Does this make me a hypocrite? I knew exactly what to expect from my car, how it would react, etc. I was 100% sure that I had the skills to keep my car in complete control or I would not have done it.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying don't do it if you can't handle it. There were no wet spots or black ice, he was purposely trying to show his *** and do a burnout on a dry road when he didn't know **** about driving (which is evident in the video since he never even turned the wheels). I don't understand why people are making excuses for him? Even he knows he fucked up! And I didn't call him an idiot or a moron, I called him an asshat.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
It almost seems like you're trying to defend him. Like Chad said, if you're not certain you can handle it, don't dick around on the street with it. Thats what tracks, scheduled events, and really really really empty BIG parking lots are for. I never said I haven't gotten on it, and like you said, I'd be lieing if I said I hadn't, but I can honestly say in a CROWDED PUBLIC INTERSECTION, I have never done anything nearly, even remotely as stupid as that. We've all hit the loud pedal in public, but 99% of us have never done something that reckless. There's a huge difference between "getting on it" and recklessly "getting on it" to try to pull some stunt for a camera. That car doesn't need much gas to get up and move, and he obviously was trying to show off, completely overdid it, and now he's paid for it. Sucks it got him all emotional and blah blah blah, but I'll take the side of everyone else and call him a dip **** for even attempting such a stupid stunt. Does that explain why I won't show the guy sympathy a little better bro?
I bet the guy with the cobra is somewhere caring.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

My guess is once again... that was another bullshit post. So you have NEVER gotten on it in the daytime when you have NO TRAFFIC on your side of the road?!?!? Please..
Considering my truck is slow and barely scratches 15s, getting on it during the daytime would draw attention to myself and I'd look like an asshat with a slow vehicle. When I'm up at college, getting on it would constitute me pumping my legs faster since I don't drive when I'm in school. I'm not stupid enough to go WOT for ***** and giggles with other people around. So I'm sorry but... YOU GUESS WRONG. If I get on the gas to pass someone I'm smart enough to maintain traction and remain in control of my vehicle. My accelerating to get around someone doesn't mean I go WOT and smoke the rears. Not everyone who owns a vehicle is stupid, wreckless and irresponsible. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Now when I'm at the strip or an autox with my dad and his FD, OH I CUT LOOSE ALRIGHT.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

I really feel bad for the guy. Yes, maybe he made a bad choice by choosing to get on it when there were a bunch of cars on the other side of the street, but who here can say that they've never opened it up with other cars around? Very few I'm sure. It didn't appear that he could handle the power either. That's not something to be ashamed of either; it's just that the car had TONS of power and sometimes things don't always go well.

I can say that I've had somewhat of a similar thing happen to me. It was pretty cold out and I got on it at a back road that I've driven on daily for many years. I'm used to feeling the tires break loose and spin, but for some reason this time they put me really sideways at like 30 mph. I countersteered a bit, but the tires just weren't grabbing as the rear straightened out and I ended up sliding back the opposite way into a grass field. Messed my car up a bit and I was pissed at myself. Was it stupid? Yes, it was. Am I still regretful? HELL yes. Do I still question if I can even handle my car at times? ... Yes, I do. I've driven it daily for 2 years and get on it from time to time, but this one time it got away from me and I've questioned myself ever since. I have a stall coming and to tell you the truth, I'm sometimes afraid of what I'll do with it. Sometimes I think that I may never even floor it because simply thinking about losing control again freaks me out and reminds me how easy it is. I know you guys are saying "Good Lord, learn how to countersteer and drive", but these cars can get away from the best of us at times.

Give the guy a brake. He made a mistake, which all of us do. It turned out very badly for him and others and he obviously felt terrible about it. Not much he can do about it now.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

What an Idiot learn how to drive
Old 08-03-2005, 02:43 AM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

half the people on here are god damn hypocrites...

All of you that say hes an idiot for doing it on the street are completely calling the kettle black. You own one of these cars, mod it, and drive it on the street... you know damn well you have done something similar(minus the wreck for some). I'm not saying its right but laughing at the guy and calling him a moron is just foolish. Reflect on yourselves a little more and pray karma isnt a reality.
Braqndon SS..

I wouldn't say that a lot of us a hypocrites. I personally drive a car with nearly 800 rwtq on the street and I sure as hell don't act like that *** that was in the video. I go to work, the store, or the track and I respect the power that i have worked so hard to attain. To say that we are calling the kettle black is just a plain ignorant statement. Maybe some of the people making these remarks have made the same mistake and are passing on their lessons learned. Remember hind site is 20 / 20. Would you say that Recovered Drug Addict can't go to schools to preach about how wrong drugs are??? Can a person that was incarcerated not give speaches on the consequences of drinking and driving after he killed someone??? Of course he can! Take off your horse blinds and listen to what some of these people are saying. Maybe you can learn something.

I can honestly say that when i was in my younger years and even in my 20's that I got into it a little when NO ONE WAS AROUND on the street. ( I lived in the country and it was miles to the next house) It was wrong and i was an *** for doing it. Does that mean i am calling the kettle black? No it doesn't. I have matured and realized that the street is not a place to be doing this kind of crap. Now, looking back on things and watching the video, I have every right to call this guy a jerk. No matter how you look at his actions, it was the wrong place to be jumping onto it and he was an *** for doing it! Period.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn, thats nuts. he shouldve let off the gas?? but at least he was in the turning lane again to try it again
Old 08-03-2005, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Nice car....Idiot Driver.....
Old 08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn thats horrible. how the hell did the side get so messed up? people need to be careful and not be stupid near traffic, we all do it we just never think about it until we see something bad like that. i feel sorry for the guy but that was stupid.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Dude most people can aim a cumshot better than that.
ROTFLMFAO
Old 08-03-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLWN03
Its a friend of mines car....bad choices lead to bad things...
i was reading that threads on other mustang sights were being locked at the owner's request, due to his pending legal matters......i know that anybody can pretty much make up what they want to on the net, but i also read that witnesses say he was drinking, which given the video clip, and that it was at an event, wouldn't seem out of the question......

besides that, i know i've done a lot of stupid things and i've not always been in control when i should have been....i look back on a lot of times were i got lucky ,and more than once something pretty bad could have happened but didn't.......i've learned from them all,but i could have very easily done some damage before i was "learn-ed".......i'm guessing i'm not the only one that could say that......and i'm also sure that many of you have always been wise and mature beyond your years.......good for you
-josh
Old 08-03-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, a single request is all it takes to get this one moved. Just say the word or report it.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Well after reading your posts my outlook really hasn't changed too much....still the same basic concepts.

Key Points:
1)A)Simply use common sense.
B)If you have to "think you can do it", then don't even try, exorcise self-control.
2)The key is in Knowing that you can, then using common sense to judge whether you should or shouldn't.
3)Lack common sense? That's OK, by utilizing #1-B you've successfully made it obvious to your-self that you aren't fit to perform such a feat.

On the other hand i have broadened my vocabulary with a new word thanks to LS1 Sounds and brudduh_man_matt...thank you guys for the word Asshat. It's actually funnier than the video to me.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did anyone else notice the CR-V get knocked over a lane
Old 08-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Video was taken down because of pending insurance issues...nothing more..he was not drinking from what i was told..some one supposedly saw a cooler taken out of the car but it's one of those situations where someone added a little spice to the story...nothing more
Old 08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLWN03
Video was taken down because of pending insurance issues...nothing more..he was not drinking from what i was told..some one supposedly saw a cooler taken out of the car but it's one of those situations where someone added a little spice to the story...nothing more
that's kinda what i was thinking, hopefully that's the case.......

i read somewhere else that he's actually driven that car into the 10s? he should be use to keeping the wheels straight then......

Quick Reply: Blown Cobra gets...umm...sideways?