Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Me Vs 2006 Z06 on spray!!!! *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:33 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by titaniumSS
Jeez damn man, whats your best time out there? Also do you have a new rear end? I bet you'd loveto have a run up here in KC -300 DA
Well, I ran a 12.31@124 with a 2.2 60'. That's spraying at the top of 2nd. I launch on motor and spin through first, half way through 2nd, then hit the spray and chirp 3rd. I'm still on the stock rear (3.42's). I'm pretty confident that with a rear and slicks, it should do 10.70's-10.80's here. Should trap in the 130 range. I'm probably gonna trailor it down to Ennis and see what I can do there next season.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, i'd just say bring it up here, on nov 5th and 6th there will some quick cars from st louis having a face off with us, its gonna be good.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

both links are down, can anyone upload it to ls1techs video site?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98NBM_TransAm
both links are down, can anyone upload it to ls1techs video site?
I'll keep it up at this link for a day: http://cs.mad-seumas.net/fasthttp-24...vsfisnakes.wmv
Old 10-21-2005, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man, Nice freakin' kill. That zo6 was sick though!
Old 10-21-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just read this on another forum.....

the moderators at racingsouthwest.com are being stupid and deleting all posts related to the z06 or the shop that did all the work on it (which dropped sponsorship of RSW), so here's the update:

the z06 melted the #2 piston, and it was bad enough that the block is goingto need to be re-sleeved. the shop is pulling the block as i'm writing this to be shipped off for a complete rebuild. i'm betting the owner will upgrade, he has a buttload of money.
i don't like pointing fingers but a little bird told me that the shop that did the install put the nozzle where it was practically spraying straight into the #2 cylinder. i believe itwas put after the throttle body, but i haven't seen it first hand. apparently the shop doesn't consider that to be a problem so they are just going to rebuild the motor and try again. probably with the same result. be careful who you trust to do your work, this motor only had 800 miles on it and i don't doubt it's the first production ls7 to be blown up in the US.

So now you know why you won the second race termin8r.

i don't feel like registering for th emillions of other sites that got this video, so pass the information along.

p.s. z06 w/ only lt's put down 480. what amount it was spraying has changed from post to post, sometimes they said 100 sometimes 150.
and nice site you got here.
-Matt
Old 10-22-2005, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
I just read this on another forum.....

-Matt
I know you didn't write that but was wondering if you know where it originated? I do know that the nozzle was placed just before the throttle body, not after. The car did not have a window switch and we think he hit the rev limiter on the second run. And we all know what happens when fuel stops and nitrous doesn't. Anyway, if you could let me know where you saw that or just pass it along, that would be great.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by formula87350
I know you didn't write that but was wondering if you know where it originated? I do know that the nozzle was placed just before the throttle body, not after. The car did not have a window switch and we think he hit the rev limiter on the second run. And we all know what happens when fuel stops and nitrous doesn't. Anyway, if you could let me know where you saw that or just pass it along, that would be great.
I won't mention the site I got it from. I will say I found the short article about it as I posted it here. Someone else read it on god knows what site and posted it on another car forum.

I think someone needs to speak up! Someones hiding. Its all hear say right now.

-Matt
Old 10-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TRMIN8R
I totally agree, the Z06 should have spanked me. BUT, the shop that modded the car didn't know what they were doing. They said they only put the nitrous kit on the car to come beat me. Guess that didn't work out too well lol.

Oh yeah, get this, on the little message center in the Vette's dash, the mechanic programmed "TRMIN8R KILLER" into it. Hahaha, should've put "KILLED BY TRMIN8R" LOL
Wow where to start after reading all of this... I guess i'll start by squashing the rumors flying around and introducing myself. My names Ryan and i'm the general manager of SDM. I was the passenger during these races and the driver is a good freind of mine. I'd like to post our side of the story since there is defanately some misconception.

First of all, we didn't put the nitrous on to beat you at all. Please don't flatter yourself. However with that said, IMHO it looks like we defanately outran you bad on the first race. You've shelled out plenty of reason why that happened, from you letting off the throttle, to an air bubble in your nitrous line, to freezing the injector. Any way you wanna look at it, we outran you in the first race.

The second race Joe bounced the rev limiter, the cylinder got lean and it knocked a ringland out of the motor. During the race we were running on seven cylinders and you barely managed to run away from us 2-4 car lengths. It's hard to tell because you switched lanes.

Motors blow up. When you race you take that chance. The car was run on pure race gas, the A/F was 11.2 on both banks, timing was extremely conservative I imagine because of torque reduction. For the size of the shot, the plugs didn't look like they got hot or were the wrong heat range at all.

As far as me being a mechanic, hardly. Nothing against mechanics but that's not what I do. And the title stays and it's pretty true. If anyone has any questions about the motor and what it looks like etc... if the moderators allow it, we'll post pics up.

Oh BTW, sean, 'Speed Dreams' bought the car, were putting it back tog
ether.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by speed dreams
Wow where to start after reading all of this... I guess i'll start by squashing the rumors flying around and introducing myself. My names Ryan and i'm the general manager of SDM. I was the passenger during these races and the driver is a good freind of mine. I'd like to post our side of the story since there is defanately some misconception.

First of all, we didn't put the nitrous on to beat you at all. Please don't flatter yourself. However with that said, IMHO it looks like we defanately outran you bad on the first race. You've shelled out plenty of reason why that happened, from you letting off the throttle, to an air bubble in your nitrous line, to freezing the injector. Any way you wanna look at it, we outran you in the first race.

The second race Joe bounced the rev limiter, the cylinder got lean and it knocked a ringland out of the motor. During the race we were running on seven cylinders and you barely managed to run away from us 2-4 car lengths. It's hard to tell because you switched lanes.

Motors blow up. When you race you take that chance. The car was run on pure race gas, the A/F was 11.2 on both banks, timing was extremely conservative I imagine because of torque reduction. For the size of the shot, the plugs didn't look like they got hot or were the wrong heat range at all.

As far as me being a mechanic, hardly. Nothing against mechanics but that's not what I do. And the title stays and it's pretty true. If anyone has any questions about the motor and what it looks like etc... if the moderators allow it, we'll post pics up.

Oh BTW, sean, 'Speed Dreams' bought the car, were putting it back tog
ether.

I really wish you would point out to me where I said "I froze an injector" or " had an air bubble in the line". Stop making **** up. I simply said it felt like my nitrous just stopped working. Yeah I let off, wtf would you do if your car, all of a sudden, felt like it hit a wall? No matter how you look at it, I outran you the second race, by far. It's funny, you say I'm the one shelling out excuses. Meanwhile, you come on here saying "Joe bounced the rev limiter" and " a cylinder went lean and knocked a ringland out of the motor". Can we say, "pot calling the kettle black"? Oh wait, so now you're blaiming the second race on Joe's driving instead of poor installation and tuning? Me and Joe (owner of the Z06) had settled this about 2 weeks ago (immediatly after the race). We agreed, 1-1. You just can't handle that huh? Why do you care so much about a race that doesn't even involve your car????

Oh BTW, go check out the pictures of the plugs I pulled out of my car after I raced that Z06. But, I guess that's just an excuse though right?

Oh hey guys, 'speed dreams' only registered on here to make excuses and talk ****. Trust me, I've seen him on other sites doing the same thing.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:02 PM
9 Second Club

Here, I'll make it real easy for ya.......

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=20
Old 10-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Teching In

You just can't handle that huh? Why do you care so much about a race that doesn't even involve your car????
As everyone knows theres two sides to a story, and we wanted to tell our side of it. Things like the mechanic statement and throwing on nos to beat you had to be cleared up. Like I said SDM bought the car.

Oh hey guys, 'speed dreams' only registered on here to make excuses and talk ****. Trust me, I've seen him on other sites doing the same thing.
And it always seems to start with you as the thread starter and end up with more of your rumor spreading about the shop.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Here, I'll make it real easy for ya.......

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=20
I saw that, and I encouraged you to come down to the shop and see ours so we could also check out your setup and you never came down.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:36 PM
9 Second Club

As everyone knows theres two sides to a story, and we wanted to tell our side of it. Things like the mechanic statement and throwing on nos to beat you had to be cleared up. Like I said SDM bought the car.

And it always seems to start with you as the thread starter and end up with more of your rumor spreading about the shop.

So could you tell me why Joe told me that, I'm a little confused. Maybe you should stop lying. And, my bad about calling you a mechanic, I should have known you of all people wouldn't chance getting your hands dirty.

And if the mechanic statement and the "nos" thing had to be cleared up, why did you bring up all of that other nonsense? "NOS"? Are you fuking kidding me? And you're supposed to be a manager of a performance shop???

I have never spread rumors about speed dreams. I've stated only the truth.

Also, could you tell all these nice people why only one of the cylinders went lean? Why not the rest of them? Maybe because the nozzle wasn't installed properly.....
Old 10-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Teching In

I have never spread rumors about speed dreams. I've stated only the truth.

So, could you tell all these nice people why only one of the cylinders went lean? Why not the rest of them? Maybe because the nozzle wasn't installed properly.....
These are the rumors i'm talking about dude. You never even saw where the nozzle was plumbed, we never opened the hood, and no one saw it???
Old 10-25-2005, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

I saw that, and I encouraged you to come down to the shop and see ours so we could also check out your setup and you never came down.

I couldn't leave work, sorry. I could come down today though. How long you gonna be there?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

These are the rumors i'm talking about dude. You never even saw where the nozzle was plumbed, we never opened the hood, and no one saw it???

So why was only one of the cylinders lean? Plus, you DID pop the hood at the gas station. C'mon man, stop lying.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Teching In

I'm not lying, the hood was never opened. At least I didn't see it, and I can't imagine anyone opening it because we all wanted to keep the hood closed.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:54 PM
9 Second Club

I'm not lying, the hood was never opened. At least I didn't see it, and I can't imagine anyone opening it because we all wanted to keep the hood closed.

Dude, I saw you open it. Along with about 15 other people....
Old 10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

speed dreams =