Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Interior Videos of Fast M6 Shifiting

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok heres me. like i said i think im about avg. so avg in fact i miss 4th the 2nd time i get on it lol http://media.putfile.com/Tyler-shiftin-02-Z28

oh yes and i do act like an idiot alot!! esp on my way home from the titty bar
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was pretty good, I love how you can hear the tires spinning through 2nd
Old 11-08-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

thanks. now i just need a new clutch so my pedal will stop sticking to the floor .
Old 11-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
I have it somewhere. I'll dig around.

Watch Jeg Coughlin (pro stock) for some quick shiftin'. It's a little different
with the Liberty, but not too much. 4 gears in 6.8 seconds.
Its totally different. With a Liberty, you only use the clutch to launch. After that you just shift. It has no similarity what so ever.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1BAD02WS6
ok heres me. like i said i think im about avg. so avg in fact i miss 4th the 2nd time i get on it lol http://media.putfile.com/Tyler-shiftin-02-Z28

Hey man nice video...these are the types of vids I was looking for, showing the persons hand on the shifter and everything.

No shame in missing 4th lol....I have missed 3rd a few times now thinking it was in and it wasn't and revvin the heck out of it for a split second...worst of all the first time I did my g/f was in the car

Thanks for posting...and if that is average then I am slightly below average. I don't know if you were powershifting....looks like you were, but I won't powershift mine being its my DD so my speed shifting will have to do...which is a little slower than in your vid. But I am still a beginner, only had the car 2 months and don't really beat on it.

Thanks again for posting the video
Old 11-08-2005, 07:18 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z06_23_45
Clutchless???
Yep.

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com/tran_gf2000.asp
Old 11-08-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pretty good 1bad02, what kind of shifter are you running and/or short stick?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

b&m ripper
Old 11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Damn good shifting man

peace
Old 11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.superstangparts.com/videos/irwindale2.wmv

a video of the my buddies stock motor w/ bolt on 5 liter at the 1/8th.... he's one of the two best shifters I know... chirping 3rd in a stock 5 liter? =p
Old 11-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99SSinOC
http://www.superstangparts.com/videos/irwindale2.wmv

a video of the my buddies stock motor w/ bolt on 5 liter at the 1/8th.... he's one of the two best shifters I know... chirping 3rd in a stock 5 liter? =p
Now thats powershifting. I seen this over on the corral.net.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.superstangparts.com/videos/zak1.wmv

heres zak a little bit ago in his old coupe.. him and christian (aka NeedASilverado) are the two best shifters I know
Old 11-09-2005, 07:11 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by 99SSinOC
http://www.superstangparts.com/videos/zak1.wmv

heres zak a little bit ago in his old coupe.. him and christian (aka NeedASilverado) are the two best shifters I know
Eh, that's one of those instances when powershifting ain't doing much. You can hear his timing off pretty good on both shifts. He's got the clutch in quick, but didn't bang that gear quick enough to follow.

That stock stang vid shows some good shifting though. That's the best one so far for sure.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's perfect speed shifting... but I guarantee if you let someone drive your car who knows how to powershift, it'd be going 12.20s ...

And the titty bar --- Don't even get me going LOL
Old 11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Eh, that's one of those instances when powershifting ain't doing much. You can hear his timing off pretty good on both shifts. He's got the clutch in quick, but didn't bang that gear quick enough to follow.

That stock stang vid shows some good shifting though. That's the best one so far for sure.
BTW - I see exactly what you're saying about the "timing" being off. For what it's worth, that video was shot with an old-school analog camera. The sound and picture are not 100% in sync. If you think about what you're saying... if he stabs the clutch, he would miss the gear if he wasn't ramming it into gear just as hard ... think about it ...
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by NeedASilverado!!
BTW - I see exactly what you're saying about the "timing" being off. For what it's worth, that video was shot with an old-school analog camera. The sound and picture are not 100% in sync. If you think about what you're saying... if he stabs the clutch, he would miss the gear if he wasn't ramming it into gear just as hard ... think about it ...
What I'M saying is that, he has the clutch in, but didn't hit that gear quick enough after. The clutch was still in, you can hear the engine RPMs raise cleary between shifts. I'm not saying he sucks, just that his timing was off with the shift. A quicker shift, and letting out the clutch at the correct time, and he'd be golden.

It's all about the gear grabbin' quickness.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
What I'M saying is that, he has the clutch in, but didn't hit that gear quick enough after. The clutch was still in, you can hear the engine RPMs raise cleary between shifts. I'm not saying he sucks, just that his timing was off with the shift. A quicker shift, and letting out the clutch at the correct time, and he'd be golden.

It's all about the gear grabbin' quickness.
LOL thanks for the advice ... I like to grab those gears hard, this is my vid:

Gear grabbin muthatrucka

BTW--that 12.89 @ 113, what tires are those? That 113 could take you into the 12.20s!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

LOL thanks for the advice ... I like to grab those gears hard, this is my vid:

Gear grabbin muthatrucka

BTW--that 12.89 @ 113, what tires are those? That 113 could take you into the 12.20s!
Those are BFG drag radials. I pretty much babied it out of the hole. I didn't want to blow my rear, so I was being cautious.

But I did anyhow, LOL. Torque arm snapped in half, with the bottom mount just barely hanging on. Whiddled my driveshaft down to a toothpick because the rearend kicked up with no T-arm.

There's pics in my sig link. You have to click on the pictures logo on the site.
I know the car will run the numbers if I launch it hard. I've beaten quite a few cars up around here. Beaten 2 03/04 Cobras as well, with just basic mods.

I just need to practice those launches on the DRs. I picked up a huge *** bolt in one of them. I'll probably have some Mickey Thompsons for next year, and a new rear end.

The car ran 13.0s at Lebanon Valley in NY on my 18s with Michelins. Spinning every time I hit second gear.

That's some good shifting in that vid. Those T5s are so fun to hammer on. My buddy has a TKO 600 in his Notchback. There's nothing like hammering on that car at 8000RPMs. Those cars are so damn fun to drive...

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 11-09-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

That's perfect speed shifting... but I guarantee if you let someone drive your car who knows how to powershift, it'd be going 12.20s ...

And the titty bar --- Don't even get me going LOL
i guess i know what im doing then cause i have gone 12.20s on the stock dieing clutch street tires and the car is lowered with no supporting suspension mods and stock rear end

im going to try and run an 11.9999 on street tires after i get a new clutch and maybe add a pulley or maybe skinnies and a short belt, something small
Old 11-10-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

call me crazy but I don't see anything special about that. -??- I can shift like that too.... Sorry..... I'll post a VID when I get the chance...

DITCH THAT SHIFTER! too darn tall! -IMO....