Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

(....drifting isnt racing)
Old 11-14-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leftytech- ok i probably spoke to soon you have a good point. ill change my answer to "drifting does not entertain me"

Old 11-15-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
drifting was created by idiots who couldnt race thier cars, so they tried to make doing donuts a sport.
competitive drifting was created by what is now Super GT drivers getting bored at testing sessions and finishing off the tires in teh afternoon.

this evolved into i can slide adn smoke the tires further than you in corner 8, and connect 9-13 with that slide , to the formatino of d1grandprix, to modern drifting in america.

the guy in the camaro pictured above has DRIVEN in the INDY RACING LEAGUE. seriously dude, get a clue or shut the **** up. thanks.

id much rather be competitive in crappy equipment in drifting than buy a trophy in spec miata or something. drifting is all about driver, less dependant on car, that is part of why a lot of epopel are getting into it. most good drivers cant buy their way to a pro level ride. drifting you can work your way to it.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

check and mate!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
competitive drifting was created by what is now Super GT drivers getting bored at testing sessions and finishing off the tires in teh afternoon.

this evolved into i can slide adn smoke the tires further than you in corner 8, and connect 9-13 with that slide , to the formatino of d1grandprix, to modern drifting in america.

the guy in the camaro pictured above has DRIVEN in the INDY RACING LEAGUE. seriously dude, get a clue or shut the **** up. thanks.

id much rather be competitive in crappy equipment in drifting than buy a trophy in spec miata or something. drifting is all about driver, less dependant on car, that is part of why a lot of epopel are getting into it. most good drivers cant buy their way to a pro level ride. drifting you can work your way to it.

woah dont get all emotional with this. you obviously didnt read my other posts where i took back my comments like a man.

and dont call me an idiot for not knowing some random fact you learned yesterday.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Launching!

I keep seriously thinking about setting my LT1 Camaro up for drift and getting some practice.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the car !