Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

uh oh ams is going big(vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A car that pulls away is faster.

A car that is catching up is the faster car. A Geo Storm could beat a Top Fuel dragster down the quarter if the dragster's driver fell dead asleep at the lights fomr a night out drinking the day before. What the Geo's faster? I don't car who wins a race, the car that pulls is the one that impresses me.

Funny story: Some ricer got the jump on me in a SRT-4 by like four car lenghts because I didn't know if he wanted to play around (when I was stock, btw). I got on it late. By the time I was doing 100 mph, I was creeping up on him side by side, he brakes hard, then rolls down his window. He says nice try. I'm like, you didn't win, I was gaining and you braked. He says, what we're going top end now? I'm like no you won, I admit, but your car's not faster... Is is stock? He says it is. I tell him there's no way he could beat me then. He says he just proved a stock SRT-4 could pull on an LS1 sometimes. I tell him he's smoking crack. Moral is, is he right? NO, of course not. I could give a rat's *** who's in front, I'll admire and give props to the dude pulling, who, usually, is the one who wins but not always. Racing is something people should do for fun. I wouldn't feel like I 'won' anything if it happens I beat a faster car than mine. If I can tell my car's faster and is pulling, then I feel good, regardless of my position. It's called racing for fun.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You can have twice the power and run a higher mph and still not clock a faster ET. If I have 1000hp and it doesnt come on till 7000 rpms and race a 500hp car that has all its power at hand. He spanks me and yet im gaining on him fast. untill i pass him he has beaten me. Street races seldom go a whole 1/4 mile. And a faster car can be more impressive, but it doesnt do much when you lose all your money to slower cars. hmm.??

This might be a dumb question, but i know nothing how they dyno 4 wheel drive cars. How do they calculate the total power being devided by the front and back? is the total power being put down all together 800hp? 400 to the front, 400 to the back?
can you measure how much just one roller is reading? or does it automatically total both? same with torque. you have 2 seperate axles deviding the power, it seems like you'd lose alot of power just to gain traction, yet still not have the torque to really be worried about it. That much power you'd think while launching it, if it hooked, how would you keep the front end from coming up reducing traction in front? Ive never seen an AWD car launch that fast. Your launching on about 1/2 to 3/4 of your torque. and losing it through the front wheels while the weight is transfering to the back.
I dont know if I make any sence.... Its late and Im spacin it out, rambling quite a bit..ha. Im basing most this off of a EVO i seen at the track, some big team with 600hp to the wheels. ran 11s. and 60ft like ****. It had the power, just no where to be used in the 1/4
Old 12-24-2005, 03:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
You can have twice the power and run a higher mph and still not clock a faster ET. If I have 1000hp and it doesnt come on till 7000 rpms and race a 500hp car that has all its power at hand. He spanks me and yet im gaining on him fast. untill i pass him he has beaten me. Street races seldom go a whole 1/4 mile. And a faster car can be more impressive, but it doesnt do much when you lose all your money to slower cars. hmm.??

If you're racing for money, it's a whole different ball game, yes.

I'm just talking about what impresses me about another car, or even my own.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Regular

Wow 42 lbs of boost??? I bet there are members of this board who couldn't even bench press 42 lbs

Two statements really come to mind when I read this thread:

Run what you brung.
i.e.-- If W2W decides to unload their car off the trailer at a stoplight next to this EVO... EVO gets owned

The more money you have to spend, the faster the car.
Of course, that doesn't make an 8 second lunch box with hood scoop (EVO) pretty, but it'll be damn fast and I can respect that. Looks are subjective and frankly,

QUICK SUM: read bold statements
Old 12-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

well put

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
You know what....**** that evo....

Yes the world does revolve around LS1, atleast on this site it does. Call me ignorant, I call it passionate. I'm suprised nobody else has commented on this but have y'all ever hear of W2W, or Wheel 2 Wheel?? 1697HP!!!!!! running 30lbs boost, ran a 6.86 in the quarter.....Where's that Evo at?? You can read more about it Nov. edition of HRM.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
well put
Not really but I guess bird of a feather flock together.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Old 01-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by boostedinaz

your right ,birds of a feather do flock togther, which must mean your part of the flock, your basically swinging off this evo's nuts, and your getting your panties in a bunch because someone else doesnt like the car as much as you, its the god damn internet, no one cares about your bitching ,your moaning, none of it so just please do us all a fover shut the F**K UP!
Old 01-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

lmao
Old 01-01-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

is it possible to find a LS1 f-body or corvette came to 1000 rwhp or not

Old 01-01-2006, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blck89rs
your right ,birds of a feather do flock togther, which must mean your part of the flock, your basically swinging off this evo's nuts, and your getting your panties in a bunch because someone else doesnt like the car as much as you, its the god damn internet, no one cares about your bitching ,your moaning, none of it so just please do us all a fover shut the F**K UP!
On no are you going to E beat me up. You tell me it is just the internet and then you get all bad ***, like I give a ****. I have explained many times I am not on the EVO's nuts. It just seems that everyone on here that doesn't have half the power of this car calls it rice or compares a street car to a full tube chassis car. So again good thinking, you sure have proven a point.

Should I meet you by the big oak at noon tough guy?