Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Went down to my parents on Christmas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Went down to my parents on Christmas...

and I thought I would share a couple pics of a few cars my dad is currently working on.

First is of a 68 Firebird vert 350 (pontiac) with a Sagnaw 4 speed. He didnt like the stock flat hood so he put a 400 hood on it instead.

This one is a blurry and I didnt notice it until I got home or I would have taken another.

The wheels that are on it arent the ones that will be on it once its finished. He has a set of freshly painted Pontiac rallyes waiting to go on once he touches up the couple of spots where there was overspray.

Edit: And yeah those are the 1/18th scale Ertl Muscle Cars on the shelves in the garage.

This next one is of the pass. side fender for a 67 SS/RS 396ci 4 speed Camaro that just came back from being painted. I am in love with this color on this car. Lemans Blue for those that may not know. He is also not going to run a front bumper on this car which I think will make it sexy.

The wheels he is going with on this car are the TT "D's" same as what I have on my 69.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

The next couple are of the drivers fender with pop's holding it up. :briggin:

He couldnt decide on which hood he wanted to go with so he had both a cowl hood (which is what is going on it now) and a stock SS hood.

Next car is my dream car. Its a 68 RS/Z28 cowl plenum car. Very rare. Cowl plenum meant that you had an inclosed air cleaner that had a neck on it then there was a big rubber elbow that attached that to the firewall. This allowed the car to grab fresh cool air off the base of the windshield and the cowl (section between the hood & windshield). It may look rough by the pictures but this thing is solid as a rock and is matching #'s. Like I said very rare. This car was purchased from a dealership called Armstrong Johnson in Austin Texas in 68 where it was raced (from what we have been told) and later ended up in Nashville were a good friend of the family bought the car back in 73. Randy (person who bought it) drove the car up until the early 80's and tore it apart to restore it and let it sit for 20 yrs. Finally a couple months ago Randy called my dad and offered it to him. As you can see dad snatched it up. :briggin:

Edit: Does any know of this dealership in Austin Texas called Armstrong Johnson? If so please pm me their phone & and address. Thanks.

The "Z28 badge on the back was but on by Randy in the 80's cause he thought it was cool but it isnt correct for the car or year of the car.

Whelp that all thought I would share.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

****.... Your pops has a nice collection!
Old 12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that blue 67 Camaro had the paint laid on FLAT! Very nice!

-Matt
Old 12-26-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you need to give away a camaro im here for one...JK lol
Old 12-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Beautiful Cars. Might be hard to find that dealership. They are a dime a dozen and change names to frequently.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club