Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Daily Driver Z wrecked, pic

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the kind words.... I'll know tomorrow if they are going to total it out or not. We'll see.

I am fine; 99% better.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i know how it feels i had a v6 camaro tree fell through it during RITA, i have a NICER v6 firebird now that is my fear now of losing it though!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:31 PM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

go see a doctor no matter what just to have it documented you went in cause neck injuries could show up later and sometimes too late after the insurance has already finished the settelment....
Old 02-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Staging Lane

man, three years ago i was heading out on a friday night to meet my friends in the usual spot. I get about 30 seconds from the spot and a guy in a z71 runs a stop sign and Tbones my passenger side. His tow hooks almost took the leg of the girl in my passenger seat. It messed us all up pretty bad. I thought the kid in the back was dead. Luckily he was ok, just knocked out. Turns out in the end i get blamed for it. They said i was racing. I was 18. Thats the reason why. He hit me directly above my passenger side tire. I got 0 dollars for that car. I had an easy 5k invested in it after the purchase. It was in prestine condition. I yet have been able to put myself back in a camaro. Still saving. I think you should def. Go to the dr. Makes sure they know your neck is "broken"....fight to get every cent from them insurance bastards. I think you will be in good shape though my friend. good luck with everything.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Man, that sucks!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

damn.. i remember you got an awesome deal on that car too from a guy on dragva.

sorry to hear about that man.

goodluck with the insurance.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that makes me sick to see a silver Z with the body kit all fucked up..... was it a M6 car? or auto? sorry to see the car in that shape, please dont just let it go, at least buy it back so some parts of the car can live on.

anyways, it sucks so bad, cuz GM is not making the camaro right now, and i know almost daily, LS1 cars are getting fucked up everyday, and it sucks....

the number one thing is that your ok, and can are able to get on here and talk about it, cars can be replaced, but YOU cant.

Charlie
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 93zMan
man, three years ago i was heading out on a friday night to meet my friends in the usual spot. I get about 30 seconds from the spot and a guy in a z71 runs a stop sign and Tbones my passenger side. His tow hooks almost took the leg of the girl in my passenger seat. It messed us all up pretty bad. I thought the kid in the back was dead. Luckily he was ok, just knocked out. Turns out in the end i get blamed for it. They said i was racing. I was 18. Thats the reason why. He hit me directly above my passenger side tire. I got 0 dollars for that car. I had an easy 5k invested in it after the purchase. It was in prestine condition. I yet have been able to put myself back in a camaro. Still saving. I think you should def. Go to the dr. Makes sure they know your neck is "broken"....fight to get every cent from them insurance bastards. I think you will be in good shape though my friend. good luck with everything.
that puts me in a rage jsut thinking about it. when you get blamed for an accident that is not your fault. that sob that ran that stopsign should be beat for not owning up to what he done. then should be made buy you another car.......******* bastard.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

sorry to see her like that hope everyone is ok.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks man. sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get a good settlement and you can build a faster ls1 car.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:16 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks alot for all of the well-wishing... I am 100% fine...

You see, not 1/2 a mile from where the accident occured there 4 cops with one guy pulled over. It was Super Bowl Sunday. I saw all the blue lights and thought *schizer; traffic check ALREADY (it was early afternoon).. so you KNOW my seatbelt was on. I could have done without the airbag, that's what made me sore.

After a few back-and-forths with the adjuster, he got to where he needed to be and I settled 2 days ago. I bought the car back to recover the stereo, nitrous, and other bits, and a user here bought the car from me. He's gonna transplant the drivetrain... That's the best thing for me; I'm in between houses right now and staying at an apt.

This is probably for the best anyway; the Trans Am is about to hit the streets again... MUCH faster. I need to focus my attention on that car.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frost
I need to focus my attention on that car.
yea you do.

i remember all the threads you started on Drag about all the stuff you were doing to the Z....i was wondering why you didnt throw that money at the TA...or me for that matter.lol.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

that sucks
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
yea you do.

i remember all the threads you started on Drag about all the stuff you were doing to the Z....i was wondering why you didnt throw that money at the TA...or me for that matter.lol.

Well even though it was a daily driver, you don't want to get dogged on the street.... I left it mostly stock... It got LT headers, ORY, exh, lid, !egr, !air (NOT the a/c), a 150HP wet-shot and some HP Tuning... plus it was an auto.

It was fun to daily an F-body for the last 7 weeks, I just can't bring myself to do the same with the TA.

The TA has had enough money thrown at it for awhile, I have some catching up to do with it...
Old 02-17-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Junkie

you should buy my formula for another DD

when is the TA supposed to be done?
Old 02-17-2006, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

I have a caddy Catera that I daily for the time being...

Hmmmm, 'done'.... that's a tough word...

When I get it back, I will still be replacing the gas tank, pump[s], bolting in the bar, the new driveshaft, and the 12 bolt...

...but CAM should wrap up their work sometime next week... I haven't driven it since the end of Nov...