Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

anyone considering comin to Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you were going to have a picture of the gas prices.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew778
This place sucks, but it's always been home
True! Thats why I left it. Got stuck in the middle of the US (Nebraska) for 8 yrs now in the middle of the Med (Crete) then UK's next I cannot ever make it back home WTF. Oh well.....
Old 02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I JUST got back from Waikiki (not sure if i spelt that right) last night/early this morning. We were there for a week. It was a REALLY nice place. I had a lot of fun
Old 02-17-2006, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

I live there as well
Old 02-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

Cost of living there is WAAAYYY to much.....Plus you have to pay extra for shipping
Old 02-21-2006, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

I was there this past summer, what a trip. Spent a couple of nights ON ford island literally 300 feet from the Arizona memorial. Wifes aunt and uncle were Navy officers and live right there When we werent there, we were at a private beachouse for officers that they reserved for us. Wakiki is nice..but having your own secluded beach is just amazing. Definetly a trip of a lifetime.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Junkie

I lived there from '93-'96. Rented a house on the north shore next to Ehukai Beach park and Pipeline. My deck faced Rocky Point. Crazy days. During the winter, the waves would make the whole house shake. Aside from the fact that 75% of the locals are racist, it was great.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

The ones that leave are not racist. But let me tell you what as soon as I got into the military I was like WTF!!! I learned to deal w/ it. I should have harrassed them haoles when I had the chance lol.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Banned

Racist against who?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

whites when i was in school there they use to call all the white kids "Howlies", they accepted blacks more than whites. but no matter where you go there is racism so you just have to deal with it and once you live there for awhile and get in with the surfers your all set.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
whites when i was in school there they use to call all the white kids "Howlies", they accepted blacks more than whites. but no matter where you go there is racism so you just have to deal with it and once you live there for awhile and get in with the surfers your all set.
you gotta remember that in hawaii you have the punks too! They dont like anyone not even other locals. Always like, "Dis is owa beach wat u doing hea" kind of ****. Im married to a caucasian girl that is educated and she hates hawaii. She doesnt want me to get orders there and when my mother was sick I never even considered to do a humanitarian assignment back home. The local girls look at me funny all the time too especially with our two kids. Fuckum though not everyone there are prejudice and I dont think the black thing is true. Also "Haole" means foreigner. But hey I was stationed in Nebraska and they thought I was Mex I was like WTF! IM from Hawaii then they were nice to me in most places. Some places in NE I was never served at a restraunt until I said something. Best is when I go hunting in NE other hunters are like where the hell are you from? Im like Hawaii we have more game birds and 2 different types of deer wild boar/goat/sheep then you have in this state. So if you are a hunter and in Hawaii check out the hunting scene you wont be disappointed. ok enough rambling.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Launching!

I'll be there in March!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

what???? no pictures from jumping off the rock at Wayamaya bay?

The second and third pic, you can stand on a rock right under the waterfalls.

I was there last year in September to see my brother that lives on the North side.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Went there in 95 for a few weeks. My friend's mom and stepdad lived there, and we stayed with them at their house in Mililani. The beaches on the north shore were very peaceful. I got lucky too. When I was there, there was a summer swell on the northshore (Pipeline was about 10' on the face) and the largest swell to hit the southshore in 10 years rolled through. It was huge!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by thetastelingers
what???? no pictures from jumping off the rock at Wayamaya bay? .
**** that, you go jump into waiamea bay, I went down there the other day with a buddy he says he likes body boarding out there and every time we go they have an "official shark sighting" not a shark warning but a sighting so **** that I'm not trying to be dinner
Old 02-22-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
you gotta remember that in hawaii you have the punks too! They dont like anyone not even other locals. Always like, "Dis is owa beach wat u doing hea" kind of ****.
Yeah, but man, when I left there in '96 there was a song on some local station that was real popular. It went "Kill the white man, he take our land". It was played on almost an hourly basis. I was like WTF. No outcry about it, nothing. But I do miss that damn place.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah man but theres a lot of freakin **** that think theyre the **** that I gotta put in thier place on a daily bases. They think that just cuz they signed on 11B theyre hard then I have take them off thier pedestal saying something like this "Just cuz you're in bdus or acus and I'm in civvys doesnt mean you can punk me, you havent seen my service jacket"
Old 02-23-2006, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
**** that, you go jump into waiamea bay, I went down there the other day with a buddy he says he likes body boarding out there and every time we go they have an "official shark sighting" not a shark warning but a sighting so **** that I'm not trying to be dinner
**** dont worry about it the sharks wont mess with you. Bite um back.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
yeah man but theres a lot of freakin **** that think theyre the **** that I gotta put in thier place on a daily bases. They think that just cuz they signed on 11B theyre hard then I have take them off thier pedestal saying something like this "Just cuz you're in bdus or acus and I'm in civvys doesnt mean you can punk me, you havent seen my service jacket"
I see you are at scholfield as usual where ever there is a base the surrounding area sucks! Bunch of idots running around there but they have a pretty good tattoo shop over there.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
I see you are at scholfield as usual where ever there is a base the surrounding area sucks! Bunch of idots running around there but they have a pretty good tattoo shop over there.
which one? I'm tryin to get some ink done

Quick Reply: anyone considering comin to Hawaii?