Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Post pics of the Cheesiest f-bodies,cheesy like Cheetos *DON'T QUOTE PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here! 99 LS1 with 135k miles

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Yeah but they're talking specifically about the V6's in F-Bodies... You know, the ones that get the same to worse gas mileage than their LS1 counter parts

Not hating, I had a V6 first. If it's all you can afford then it's all you can afford. No, wait... SCREW THAT! If it's all you can afford then buy a higher mileage LS1 or a low mileage LT1

I'd much rather have (and do have) a high mileage LS1 than a V6... Sorry guys but it's true
Old 01-26-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

V6s have their place. i have a few friends that have V6s. however they are not for performance. and after doin a cam swap on one, NEVER again. now can we get back on subject? i know there are more horrendous cars out there
Old 01-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright, here's a little self-deprication to keep going in the conversation AND get back on topic...

I submit to this thread of CHEESINESS my first car, my own 1987 Firebird:

Can't get more cheesy than Ultra Wheels, that spoiler, a "twin turbo" hood and the JC Whitney Knight Rider light Not the WORST out there and for a clueless 17 year old it wasn't TOO bad... but it wasn't great for damn sure

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE KITT conversions but mine was cheesy... If I had the real bumper and light then it would have been cool

I knew nothing about cars when I bought it, just thought, "Mmm, FIREBIRD, MUST be fast!!!"

I was wrong... I learned about cars that year and TRIED to make it faster (CAI, Jeep LONG TUBE headers with dual exhaust, chip, etc...) to no avail...

I also learned KITT was a black Firebird (didn't know enough about cars to realize that when I bought it) and I loved KITT as a kid so I went that route...

Internet was almost non-existent so I was left to mod it out of catalogs at local shops (hence the spoiler, hood and rims...).

If I knew what I knew now and that was all I could afford I would have saved for an LS1 swap, done the KITT conversion RIGHT, and might still be driving that car...
Old 01-28-2007, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly...the exhaust is functional
Old 01-28-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is the seconds camaro with an exhaust like that..
Old 01-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Launching!

I'd much rather have (and do have) a high mileage LS1 than a V6... Sorry guys but it's true.
However, some of us don't have the money to constantly repair a high mileage LS1. Sometimes it's a sacrifice of power for the chance to own a beautiful body. I for one am looking at low mileage 3800's not because I prefer a V6 but because I need something that I can afford. They're thousand's less, more reliable, get better gas mileage, look just as good, and the insurance for young males is cut in half.

Sorry about the off topic crap. I know this site is for LS1's, but that's the dream for me, not the reality. LT1's still get a welcome here.

F-bodies are by far my favorite cars. Therefore I can drive one that isn't a V8 or just buy some other V6 with half the looks and potential. You'd be suprised how many people envy me of my car (even though I haven't put near as much into it as many of the people on this forum). That's enough to tell me that I made the right decision.

V6 f-body or gay ricer... I'd say I chose nicely.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix
However, some of us don't have the money to constantly repair a high mileage LS1. Sometimes it's a sacrifice of power for the chance to own a beautiful body. I for one am looking at low mileage 3800's not because I prefer a V6 but because I need something that I can afford. They're thousand's less, more reliable, get better gas mileage, look just as good, and the insurance for young males is cut in half.

Sorry about the off topic crap. I know this site is for LS1's, but that's the dream for me, not the reality. LT1's still get a welcome here.

F-bodies are by far my favorite cars. Therefore I can drive one that isn't a V8 or just buy some other V6 with half the looks and potential. You'd be suprised how many people envy me of my car (even though I haven't put near as much into it as many of the people on this forum). That's enough to tell me that I made the right decision.

V6 f-body or gay ricer... I'd say I chose nicely.
QFMFT

I would NEVER EVER buy a car with over 50k miles so an LS1 was out of the picture. LEts say i did find an LS1 with under 50k miles for the same price i paid for mine I STILL COULD NOT BUY IT. I got quotes for an LS1 and its around $400 a month!!! I pay $200 for the V6 insurance(full cov). No way i could afford that insurance at 18 and still do car payments. I love my V6 and with just hitting 40k miles she aint going ANYWHERE
Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Old 01-29-2007, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Well.. if i had the money i would have lobved to get a T/A, but since my parents bought my car, they said id kill myself witha V8. Im 17 and my insuracne ( full coverage) is 160 a month. If it was a v8 itd be double that. I get like 25 mpg, a heck of alot better than my friends LT1 camaro... tho i do love to drive his car... so much more power than mine... but im very content with my Sixer.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

However, some of us don't have the money to constantly repair a high mileage LS1.
You really don't know much about LS1's then... Heck, even LT1's went pretty high in mileage (160k-200k) before major engine problems (not including opti and tranny failures).

LS1's on the other hand seem even better... I bought mine at 120K and it now has 150K and I've replaced nothing, besides modding the car (exhaust, suspension) except the oil and the brakes

Not a fluke either, third high mileage LS1 I've owned, I also had two high mileage LT1's... I started off the low mileage V6 route but quickly realized the error of my ways...

Last off topic post for me but I think I deserved this one since I sacrificed my own car to this thread !
Old 01-30-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
QFMFT

I would NEVER EVER buy a car with over 50k miles so an LS1 was out of the picture. LEts say i did find an LS1 with under 50k miles for the same price i paid for mine I STILL COULD NOT BUY IT. I got quotes for an LS1 and its around $400 a month!!! I pay $200 for the V6 insurance(full cov). No way i could afford that insurance at 18 and still do car payments. I love my V6 and with just hitting 40k miles she aint going ANYWHERE
Get on your parent's insurance. My insurance was $600 every six months when I was 19, now that I'm 23, its down to $450 every six months.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Launching!

You really don't know much about LS1's then... Heck, even LT1's went pretty high in mileage (160k-200k) before major engine problems (not including opti and tranny failures).

LS1's on the other hand seem even better... I bought mine at 120K and it now has 150K and I've replaced nothing, besides modding the car (exhaust, suspension) except the oil and the brakes

Not a fluke either, third high mileage LS1 I've owned, I also had two high mileage LT1's... I started off the low mileage V6 route but quickly realized the error of my ways...
You're right, I don't know much about LS1's. I'm yet to own one. What I do know though is that I put an average of 20k on a car each year. Considering that the price for a high mileage LS1 is around $10k, and that I am just now entering the job world, I would still have to get a 5 year loan.

Being better at math than LS1s, I figure that would mean I would have a very very high mileage LS1 before I pay off the loan. It would be at least 100k higher mileage in that time.

I know that to many here, the LS1 is god, but there's a limit to how long one will last before it's repair bills outway it's worth.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned

You're right, I don't know much about LS1's. I'm yet to own one. What I do know though is that I put an average of 20k on a car each year. Considering that the price for a high mileage LS1 is around $10k, and that I am just now entering the job world, I would still have to get a 5 year loan.

Being better at math than LS1s, I figure that would mean I would have a very very high mileage LS1 before I pay off the loan. It would be at least 100k higher mileage in that time.

I know that to many here, the LS1 is god, but there's a limit to how long one will last before it's repair bills outway it's worth.
Let's just agree to COMPLETELY disagree... ON WITH THE CHEESE
Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
For sale in my area

LOOKS LIKE A HOTWHEEL.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:23 AM
12 Second Club

Oh my good! This is some of the funniest **** I have seen! What the hell are people thinking?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by superchargedbandit
LOOKS LIKE A HOTWHEEL.
How in the hell would you turn a corner?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

what the hell are those people thinking, its gotta be f-body abuse and they sould be punished
Old 02-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Launching!

thats what I was wonderin.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can see that the fenders have been cut and reshaped at the bottom and the car repainted. In fact, you can see that the front wheel arch is larger than the rear wheel arch for turning clearance. It still looks tight though.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Launching!

at least they wont have to worry about speed bumps.

Quick Reply: Post pics of the Cheesiest f-bodies,cheesy like Cheetos *DON'T QUOTE PICS!