Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice runs. Learn to shift better and you will have some low 11's
Old 07-22-2006, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

i realize that but would that not also reflect a higher ET considering theres also a 11.5@ 120 slip... if the trap was 110.. should it not be higher.

Originally Posted by unit213
It's called missing a gear or getting out of the throttle. You'd be
surprised how quickly decelerate when you're off the gas at 120mph.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

I wasn't ribbing on your ride MAC. The vid was pretty cool and your car runs pretty strong. I was just trying to point out that there's more there, but you already knew that Im sure.

The ideal ET for 120-122mph is high 10's with 60's in the 1.5's. You just need work with driving the car, I'm sure it's a lot more to handle.

UNIT- yes, a auto/conv would make it a lot easier to attain the best ET. That's why I get a kick out of people who think they can "drive" that run ET's like this guy (not ment to poke at you MAC, I know you're still getting used to the new power). I don't know why so many people that want to run fast stick with a manual. 90% of your avg. guys with streetcars are NOT going to be able to get the most out of the car with a stick. I guess it may be more "fun" for some people to try and "drive" a somewhat fast car down the track rather than just slap a lever.

It IS possible for MAC to get more out of the car. He just needs to resolve the traction issue's, get a little more agressive with the launch, and shift faster.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Yeah. COMNBYU the car is totally different now. I deffinatly need to get used to the car again. Overall I'm happy with my first time out with the blower on it.

I know there's alot more in the car. I just need to find the correct tire pressure and get this thing to hook nice.

transam: Yeah on my first run my car spun first and second hittin red line. I was way to aggressive as I was driving it like it only had 294rwhp like I was used to. Car just turned off. I thought I blew it too. haha That's why I pulled over. Tech didn't say anything so I just turned her on and drove down the track. The car was fine!! But I'm gonna go through it anyways.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll take any advice/compliments/criticisms that I can get!

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by unit213
It's called missing a gear or getting out of the throttle. You'd be
surprised how quickly decelerate when you're off the gas at 120mph.
Exactly... even more so with a manual, when the drivetrain does the slowing down for you.

Nice Runs.

Some of the guys here say your shifting needs some work, but overall I think you did real well.
In a 6 speed, sometimes you can shift to the next gear.
Looks like you need some more traction, and for some reason, the track looked a little too damp.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

damn nice runs and shifting, you banged the hell out of them gears! you got one mean stang!

+1 on the 2nd gear burnouts!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Second Club

Mike, have you ever been to a Wen afternoon TNT before? 30 car max and the track is abosolutly perfect ($100 to sign up racing 1-5pm). I would hit one up before the end of the season, you could probrably see low 11s no sweat on drag radials. You can also run open exhaust if you choose, and tech is relaxed.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Mike, have you ever been to a Wen afternoon TNT before? 30 car max and the track is abosolutly perfect ($100 to sign up racing 1-5pm). I would hit one up before the end of the season, you could probrably see low 11s no sweat on drag radials. You can also run open exhaust if you choose, and tech is relaxed.
Hey. No I haven't had a chance to go to a TNT. I'd deffinatly like to go to one sometime!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Oh and this is how I normally drive when I dial in the settings.

This was my 12.1 @ 114 N/A run.

Click here to see Video
Old 07-22-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

You should deffinatly give it a shot before the end of the year. Just call the office a week in advance to sign up and you pay at the gate when you get there, they take Credit cards too. Gate opens at noon (gate 2 in the dirt parking lot), racing starts at 1, and you can pretty much just drive in circles all afternoon. You must have atleast have drag radials to run in the prepped lane.

FWIW: I struggle to run 10.40s-10.70s on the best prepped street nights but I can go consisitant 10.1-10.2 at a TNT.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
You should deffinatly give it a shot before the end of the year. Just call the office a week in advance to sign up and you pay at the gate when you get there, they take Credit cards too. Gate opens at noon (gate 2 in the dirt parking lot), racing starts at 1, and you can pretty much just drive in circles all afternoon. You must have atleast have drag radials to run in the prepped lane.

FWIW: I struggle to run 10.40s-10.70s on the best prepped street nights but I can go consisitant 10.1-10.2 at a TNT.

Wow! That much of a difference, huh? Impressive! I'm always on ET Streets. Thanks for the info!!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:55 PM
JUICED96Z

Spun like that and got that loose on E.T. Streets?
SPOOKY!
Old 07-22-2006, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

damn, nice times, sweet ride... just tryin to figure out how u ran 12.1 or whatever with only 294hp stock? im stumped i men i have more hp to the wheels but i cannot get near that im at like mid 13s... nice anyhow though...maybe weight?