Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Some images that will piss you off from the middle east

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who actually believes that Audi is made out of silver is ******* retarded.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1320Kid
Thats bad ***. To bad it isn't real.

The Palace of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan
Bad: Falling for an email hoax. Worse: Using the hoax as the basis for your presentation to the local city planning commission, thereby displaying your gullibility to the entire public.

As reported by the Muncie Star Press (no link), Don Love gets the award for doing the latter. He received an email containing a series of pictures of an opulent estate (shown below), with the caption:

In case you're wondering where this hotel is, it isn't a hotel at all. IT IS A HOUSE! It's owned by the family of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the former president of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu-Dhabi.

Enraged, he made a slide presentation out of the pictures and showed them to the planning commission, as part of his effort to get them to approve construction of an ethanol plant. His point was that they should promote local energy projects, to prevent all the city's money going to greedy, oil-rich sheiks. He told them: "This is the type of thing being done with your petro dollars that I want to re-patriate. Keep in mind the gentleman has more than 20 wives. This is one of 70 baths. Some are bigger than my house. This is his little swimming pool. These are his cars."

Of course, the pictures don't show a sheik's palace. In reality they show a fancy hotel in Abu Dhabi called the Emirates Palace. All the stuff about 20 wives is bogus too. If Love had bothered to do any research, he would have found this out. He probably could also have found some real pictures of a sheik's palace, which would have been a more effective way of making his point. Incidentally, my other house (the one in my daydreams) looks just like the one in the pictures.

http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/main.htm

Also, for their grand room:

51 000.00 United Arab Emirates dirhams = 13 885.4856 U.S. dollars a day. Damn.
Good catch man. I got that from a co worker of mine and thought I would post em up. But that is still a kick *** hotel
Old 07-21-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VerySlowTA
Anyone who actually believes that Audi is made out of silver is ******* retarded.
you never know.... some people will do anything with money...but this time youre right
http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/silveraudi.asp
Old 07-21-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you rather he spend that money to fund terrorist or insurgent groups? Come on people. This is exactly what we want that money spent on--useless stuff that will never hold it's value! When the dependency on their oil dries up, so does their political and economic power!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

^it isn't going to dry up for a long, long, long time. The oil "shortage" is just a hoax to get us there, fighting for the last bit of oil.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, the middle east is partially to blame for the rediculous gas prices and it's amazing what a corrupt ruling body can do to bathe themselves in riches and an abundance of material goods. But before you blame the gas prices completely on them, maby you should look into how much State and Federal taxes are in gas prices... I live in Cali so I should know since we're the hardest hit by state taxes and our beloved tree huggers
Old 07-21-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont give a crap, even if it was his house, who cares! Most of us would be doing the same thing. Not reading ls1tech and buying f-bodies. If only to be born into a family like that.

Most of these people are born and raised into believing whatever they are told. The same way most of us raise our kids. You raise them to follow your values. Whether its to be king crackhead or to be the next president. You just hope no matter how bad things are, from money to housing, that your kid will be a survivor and make the right choices if you can only help out a little.

Most parents now a days want everyone else to raise thier kids. From schools to the government. You cant do this, or do that. We're slowly letting or government run our lives. Look at all the laws just for cars. Soon we'll be like China.

It's just my opinion, but religion has really screwed up this world. Almost every war this world has ever fought, since Mans' begining has been over religion. It's always about money, power, and religion. Bottom line, this is all very sad. Soon we will be in WW III, whats it over this time. Religion, money, and power. One religion always hates the other and the middle east is a timebomb waiting to go off!

Sorry, dont want to get way off topic so I'll stop. Just had to vent a little. Not a good day so far!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Well, I have a few acquaintances who are from the Middle East and their families are small timers in various parts of oil and natural gas production. Needless to say, they only get one six-figure car. No Ferrari collection for them, boo-hoo. Though oil in general is not drying-up as the gas companies would like us to believe, the Middle East is shipping out and burning up its oil supply at such an incedible rate that most people today will probably watch their money drain out rather quickly.

Remember, Bill Gates has more wealth than them, but he is not a auto enthusiast. Paul Allen however is, and he is also quite wealthy. He does not spend his money so frugally. While oil is accountable for many millionaires and billionaires in the world, most of the top wealth come from European, Asian, and American countries. These are people that have either come into a wealth of money (Gates, Trump), or those who have inheirited it (Walton's from Wal-Mart, Bosch family from the company). These methods can insure wealth for many generations because we will always need software for computers, building to live and work in, stores to buy stuff, and parts made for stuff to run.

So, yes, the Middle East will lose it oil supply within decades, which can be soon depending on how you view time. When that happens, Siberian, South American, and maybe even Antartican oil will fill the need. Or we may not have such a need when the time comes.

If Russia approves full drilling in Siberia, they will pass up the entire Middle East in oil supply capabilities. That is why they have built a massive pipeline to China, major money maker. The oil field found in Antartica has more oil than any known place in the world, besides maybe deep sea reserves that cannot be hit as of yet. We may see the Middle East oil supply, or actually the demand, drop off very soon.

Even when I was in Argentina this past X-mas, I noticed an occasional oil pump collecting ground oil. Wehn I inquired about there only being an occasional one, I was told that they pump out enough to bolster supplies to outlying areas, keeping most of their oil in the ground for when the rest of the world runs out. If that sounds familiar, that is the US plan for most (if not all) of its natural resources.

Anyways, I need to end this rant. One last note, a quote from a very wealthy oil shiek from the Middle East:
"My grandfather rode on a camel, my father rode in a Rolls Royce, I ride in a private jet, my children will ride in a Rolls Royce, and my grandchildren shall ride on a camel."
Old 07-22-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RaDjedefra
Well, I have a few acquaintances who are from the Middle East and their families are small timers in various parts of oil and natural gas production. Needless to say, they only get one six-figure car. No Ferrari collection for them, boo-hoo. Though oil in general is not drying-up as the gas companies would like us to believe, the Middle East is shipping out and burning up its oil supply at such an incedible rate that most people today will probably watch their money drain out rather quickly.

Remember, Bill Gates has more wealth than them, but he is not a auto enthusiast. Paul Allen however is, and he is also quite wealthy. He does not spend his money so frugally. While oil is accountable for many millionaires and billionaires in the world, most of the top wealth come from European, Asian, and American countries. These are people that have either come into a wealth of money (Gates, Trump), or those who have inheirited it (Walton's from Wal-Mart, Bosch family from the company). These methods can insure wealth for many generations because we will always need software for computers, building to live and work in, stores to buy stuff, and parts made for stuff to run.

So, yes, the Middle East will lose it oil supply within decades, which can be soon depending on how you view time. When that happens, Siberian, South American, and maybe even Antartican oil will fill the need. Or we may not have such a need when the time comes.

If Russia approves full drilling in Siberia, they will pass up the entire Middle East in oil supply capabilities. That is why they have built a massive pipeline to China, major money maker. The oil field found in Antartica has more oil than any known place in the world, besides maybe deep sea reserves that cannot be hit as of yet. We may see the Middle East oil supply, or actually the demand, drop off very soon.

Even when I was in Argentina this past X-mas, I noticed an occasional oil pump collecting ground oil. Wehn I inquired about there only being an occasional one, I was told that they pump out enough to bolster supplies to outlying areas, keeping most of their oil in the ground for when the rest of the world runs out. If that sounds familiar, that is the US plan for most (if not all) of its natural resources.

Anyways, I need to end this rant. One last note, a quote from a very wealthy oil shiek from the Middle East:
"My grandfather rode on a camel, my father rode in a Rolls Royce, I ride in a private jet, my children will ride in a Rolls Royce, and my grandchildren shall ride on a camel."
Excellent post my friend. We can only hope the above comes to fruition and the corrupt Middle Eastern rulers have no power economically or politicaly. Then we see will what these nutty bastards give for reasons to blow themselves up. There reasoning will be the infidels left our country as demanded and now have no use for us. Lets kill them.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good catch man. I got that from a co worker of mine and thought I would post em up. But that is still a kick *** hotel
I would kill to stay in that hotel.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

UAE is good people... not like iran and other ****.. they are as west as you can get in the middle east.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:21 PM

haha lots of idiots in this thread.... guys the middle east is not the reason for high oil prices .. company's like exon that claim they are not boosting oil prices , yet they had RECORD setting year last year. why dont you guys look up what their CEO just got for a "pension" plan!

and as far as oil resorve.. by the time oil runs out anywhere we wont even need it anymore... wait and see!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:25 PM

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/14/exxon-ceo-190k-day/ before your quick to blame gas prices!!! read this! this is former ceo of exxon.... poor guy
Old 07-22-2006, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

y would i be pissed? thats tight...more power to them for having their hands in what makes some of the most money in the world
Old 07-23-2006, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

man my crib kills that **** lol
Old 07-23-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you guys really believe either these guys or the oil companies really set the price of oil??? lol
Old 07-23-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn! That's way nicer than enything we have here.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no comments like this please

Last edited by PendragonZ; 07-25-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
no matter how clean and white the clothes are (or the surroundings) they still look smelly.
haha thats soo true
Old 07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Launching!

man i see lots of ignorance and some hard talkin in this thread,, i live in the UAE and can tell u more than all of u ignorant ppl "Excuse my language but ppl have said much worse in their comments". it's not the OIL that makes ppl here rich, and in the same TIME THERE's nothin wrong in having fun of ur money,, just 80% of the world rich ppl are from the west, so how come u only take that 20% which is overhere and u put them under a magnifying glass.. it's so wrong to see this kinda talk from ppl overhere, it just shows how media can pollute people's mind.. i've been all around many places in the world and i have friends from all the countries,,, talks like these "wo's better, let's kill them, bastards" will only come from people who belive that GOD made them only and all the rest came by chance,,, we all are Brothers people.. so stop thinking politics and don't support all this nonesense caused by media and stupid rulers... and to give u an idea about what's really goin on in UAE take alook:

15% of the world tower cranes are currently in Dubai.

Burj Dubai Tower - World tallest (2008):

Jumeirah Beach Residences (40 blocks):

World Largest "Palms" - Jumeirah Palm, Jebel Ali Palm, , The World, Deira Palm (Hidden):

and u can check out my Deviant ART homepage for more pictures of my place.. LINK

Last edited by Commando; 07-23-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Some images that will piss you off from the middle east