Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Bolt-on WS6 vs "Bolt-on" 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 347fairless
So a sprayed bolt-on ls1 can't compete with a ported blower 03 Cobra?
Some can, some can't. If you're only trapping 110mph now, then you're
one of the ones that can't. You're not going to pick up 15+mph
on a 100 or even a 150 shot.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo unit, I'm trying to save this guy some money but he just doesn't get it. And yes, I still have a fat nitrous tune, although not the big shot tune, it's a smaller shot, a/f is right around 10.9, with timing at 20*. I even told him I would probably be loading up one of the other tunes, but he doesn't want to hear it.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

seriously you guys cant not punk with ITSTOCK or UNIT..... these guys are insanly fast and have done it all.... im a 470 without a port and needless to say ive played with a few head and cammed cars and just bent them over.... now the only real reason id go back to an fbody is to save on car payments but when i justify the amount that it would take me to build it plus make a car payment id be spending more then i am for the cobra... guys just give it up 2000 in a cobra is gonna lay the smackdown on just bout anything on the road with in reason for a DD

btw ITSTOCK hows the Garbage can pill
Old 08-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jay Vicious
seriously you guys cant not punk with ITSTOCK or UNIT..... these guys are insanly fast and have done it all.... im a 470 without a port and needless to say ive played with a few head and cammed cars and just bent them over.... now the only real reason id go back to an fbody is to save on car payments but when i justify the amount that it would take me to build it plus make a car payment id be spending more then i am for the cobra... guys just give it up 2000 in a cobra is gonna lay the smackdown on just bout anything on the road with in reason for a DD

btw ITSTOCK hows the Garbage can pill
That might be true, but in the end you're still driving a car that needs a blower to beat a bone stock Fbody, who's head designer has been a chick since it's inception, and no matter what you do to it the car will always look like ****! NA for NA Ford has never been able to touch an Fbody car, they needed forced induction to make it so, how sad is that.

BTW this is LS1Tech....WTF are these sisy POS Ford drivers doing on here anyways!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

cuz ive ******* owned 2 fbodys and i have good info for people who need help, or maybe you cant read.....

second off GM won the HP wars in the 60's and late 90's otherwise i do remember the 5.0's eating GM's for breakfest.... now yes GM's had a good idea for adding more displacement to there motors but ford was smart to give there cars lower compression.... thus giving better accesibilty to aftermarket mods like S/C and so fourth... so dont come whining to me cuz you get your *** handed to by a cobra, and dont give that crap of ohhh well its S/C cuz you know what the Mach 1's are handing LS1's there asses as well and there DHOC cars with 20 less hp then Ls1's....oh yea thats right there not supercharged....

sorry to my other LS1 bro's and sis's but i hate when people like ls1junkie dont have a valid gorund for agruementing
Old 08-08-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It must be even more of an insult when all the cars lose to our chick cars

Also, the blower argument is the gayest argument ever. I guess GM needed 80 more cubes and LOTS more compression to do what the mach 1 does

I'm here because I've owned an fbody, and like reading about all cars (including and especially the WS6). Oh yea, ls1tech also has the best nitrous tech section.

Originally Posted by LS1 Junkie
That might be true, but in the end you're still driving a car that needs a blower to beat a bone stock Fbody, who's head designer has been a chick since it's inception, and no matter what you do to it the car will always look like ****! NA for NA Ford has never been able to touch an Fbody car, they needed forced induction to make it so, how sad is that.

BTW this is LS1Tech....WTF are these sisy POS Ford drivers doing on here anyways!
Old 08-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
And yes, I still have a fat nitrous tune, although not the big shot tune...
Oh ok...I remember you saying you had the tune crazy fat when you were
running a 200shot or something similiar. It would run like a turd on that tune
on the blower, different story on nitrous. You still have my ported old blower
on it?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Administrator

sorry to my other LS1 bro's and sis's but i hate when people like ls1junkie dont have a valid gorund for agruementing
Please don't feed the trolls.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

understandable maybe they stay under their bridge!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cuz ive ******* owned 2 fbodys and i have good info for people who need help, or maybe you cant read.....

second off GM won the HP wars in the 60's and late 90's otherwise i do remember the 5.0's eating GM's for breakfest.... now yes GM's had a good idea for adding more displacement to there motors but ford was smart to give there cars lower compression.... thus giving better accesibilty to aftermarket mods like S/C and so fourth... so dont come whining to me cuz you get your *** handed to by a cobra, and dont give that crap of ohhh well its S/C cuz you know what the Mach 1's are handing LS1's there asses as well and there DHOC cars with 20 less hp then Ls1's....oh yea thats right there not supercharged....

The 01-02 ls1's are quicker than the Mach 1's. This argument was brought up many times and it usually ends up with more guys agreeing the ls1 f-body is faster. You can even find this argument on svtperformance.com
Old 08-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
You can even find this argument on svtperformance.com
Well ****...I'm sold. Everything at that site is factual.
Perhaps I can find it at ebaumsworld.com as well?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by unit213
Well ****...I'm sold. Everything at that site is factual.
Perhaps I can find it at ebaumsworld.com as well?
If there are guys with Mach 1's saying that the ls1 is faster, dosen't that say something. I've seen the track times and the ls1 tend to pull better trap speeds. Do the research.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

good run- both of you. 347 fairless knew what he was getting into and he was a man about it and gave it a try. it happens, you are going to lose races once in a while if you want to play around with the big boys.

to everybody saying it is not a good road to run on- they race ******* 9 second cars there ALOT of the time. don't care if you believe me, because i KNOW they do- i watch it go down. it is a GREAT place to run, and usually it goes off alot later than when that run went down so there is no traffic anywhere.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Do the research.
I have...at the track. The answer is that they are both slow in stock trim.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by unit213
I have...at the track. The answer is that they are both slow in stock trim.
Their not bad for a n/a car.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Teching In

You're not on here to help anyone, you're on here to talk **** to LS1 owners and attempt to boast what little man hood you have simply because you forked out money for an S/C Chick car. The Mach1 and Cobra's (other than the S/C) get wasted all the time by LS engine based cars. Whether it be the 1, 2 or 7 for that matter. Don't come here and attempt to enlarge your ***** because no matter what you do to that pile of **** that's all it will ever be.

Oh and BTW, are you able to hang with an S/C LS1 putting out the same amount of psi and cfm as you?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Im here to hwlp old friends and newbs.... and junkie seriously man stop trollin' your arguements are wasteless and pointless and your making yourself look like an ***, were all american muscle gearheads and we should all stand by one another.... now if you wanna play the brand war, so be it, makes you look like a retard though.... basically whoever has the upper hand as far as cars go is where im at... the LS1's are great cars but there an old technology.... at least ford at the BALLZ to step up to the plate, forged a motor, s/c'ed, can be easily modified and gave it good styling for a hard working mans $$$$...
Old 08-09-2006, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Good win ITSTOCK, you beat a almost full bolt on LS1. Headers and ypipe this week, plus the 100 shot. Then we run it back. Can someone give him a decent motor tune please cause I dont want to hear his crying about having it set up for spray when he loses.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good win ITSTOCK, you beat a almost full bolt on LS1. Headers and ypipe this week, plus the 100 shot. Then we run it back. Can someone give him a decent motor tune please cause I dont want to hear his crying about having it set up for spray when he loses.
If you guys do race again please get it on vid so I can add to my collection
Old 08-09-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe you should just stop calling me out with rediculous claims (aka your car with 420-430rwhp will walk me), you just don't learn, do you???

.047 jet (100 shot) in your car to my car on blower and we have a deal, otherwise, I will be spraying since I spent money on it to use. If you don't like it, spend more money and make your car faster, LIFE ISN'T FAIR, and since you claim a 420rwhp car should beat me, you should have plenty more than that with the .047 and you should be able to walk me

And I don't need excuses like you (missed a gear, let off, spun too much, too hot out, having your period, and whatever other EXCUSES you gave that night). If you beat me, it's because your car was faster, and I won't waste my breathe giving a billion different reasons on why a literally bolt-on ws6 running 12.5@110 lost to a ported blower 03 cobra that ran 11.6@122 before the port and on F1's instead of drag radials (aka even faster now).

Do you see how simple it is?? Your car was slower, so it lost. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, LET IT THE **** GO!!!!!

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 08-09-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Bolt-on WS6 vs "Bolt-on" 03 Cobra