Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Procharged LS1 vs 03/04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Vicious
the same could be said on any site or variable for that matter
exactly, you have proven my point. SO how about you say nice vid, and leave it at that. IF is irrelevant.
Not much is more irritating than when people say "if I put this on, then I would kick your ***" .. Well, go get it slick, till then STF.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

cuz like a SS comes stock witha Turbo for christ sake thats why if were gonna do it right i sayd **** IT lets get all 3 turbo charged and see what happens, the one with least boost that can kill the other 2 WINS!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flame my **** you whiners hahahahahaha seriously i said nice video but if you knew anything bout RPM speeds of eatons or weight ratios then youve got room for arguements otherwise i said nice video and congrats on winning..... man you guys seriously need to chill out....

btw go get your LS7 or LSX whatever..... if your gonna do that then give me .80+ NOS pill and well see what your creatd 15K+ motor is worth

rant over
ok I'll go get that LS7 and a 250shot and we'll see what your cobra can REALLY do! I have nothing against 03/04 cobras, because I'll be getting one too. Its just dumb comments like IFFF I had this and that I can smoke the **** out of KB cobras!!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NICE vid of the SS!! That thing runs HARD, last I read it was running 10.9x at 132.xx!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the props and compliments fellas . All the cars were fast and I have nothing but respect for them and their owners.

If anybody missed a shift it was game over. That's why I was taking my time on the 2-3 in the last one. I had a feeling that I had it (based on the previous run) so there wasn't a reason to force it and possibly f-up.

There's not much room for error. I even loned Zee my DR's on 10 spokes to help level the playing field. My car is also no liteweight. She's 3850 lbs on the street with me in it and we all had passengers.

The first run I started 1/2 car back and just got it in gear on the last honk. There's a bend in the road and I thought we were going when it straightened completely. Also had a car in my lane and figured we'd wait to put a little more space between us. I was wrong . I let out in the middle of 4th gear and got on the brakes hard due to the car coming up in my lane. I had 1 1/2 cars on the Cobra and pulling.

The last run I granny shift the 2-3 and let out in the bottom of 4th. Had another car coming up in my lane and the first run was too close for comfort on the brakes. Once I pulled a car on the Z I lifted. I was out 2 on the Cobra.

Funny thing is I also had a boost leak and a blown drivers side head gasket. The boost leak I didnt' know about until I got home. The gasket I knew about, but it didn't pressurize the radiator and blow coolant out the reservoir until the upper rpms. I'd irritated it earlier in the week tuning for the track.

I figured she'd be good for a couple runs and I didn't want to be a no show. Never would of heard the end of that .

As far as the twin screw, he now has a whipple on there making 630rwhp/600rwtq. I'm sure we'll be running again at some point. I may have a few more ponies by then though .

These runs were prior to the 614 dyno and I'm sure as everyone knows dyno #'s are just that, #'s. It's how the car performs that matters.

I've got another camera view from the Cobra. Gives you a better angle. If you guys are interested I'll put it up on streetfire.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

SSmokin01 you have a beast on your hands and I look forward to seeing you race him with the whipple.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
ok I'll go get that LS7 and a 250shot and we'll see what your cobra can REALLY do! I have nothing against 03/04 cobras, because I'll be getting one too. Its just dumb comments like IFFF I had this and that I can smoke the **** out of KB cobras!!
Didnt you see the C6 Z that trmn8r ran. He thought the same thing and he blew his engine.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67maro
Didnt you see the C6 Z that trmn8r ran. He thought the same thing and he blew his engine.
oh yeah I seen that vid. The pewter Zo6 right? I didn't know he blew his engine.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Pimp

Cant we all just hold hands and sing?
Old 08-09-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRI_Z28
http://dagostinoracing.com/media/200..._2001SCZ06.wmv

03 Kenne Bell Cobra vs Procharged Z06
too bad Griffin sold that cobra. It was a clean fast TERMINATOR.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ever since ford put a blower on their DOHC 4.6, cobra owners have gotten gayer and gayer. I think it was the years upon years of the assbetaings ford got that made them this way. All that time of being losers and finally they get a car that STOCK for STOCK can BARELY outrun a stock all motor LS1, and it went to their heads. Its GM's fault, really.

If anyone denies this fact, take a trip over to svtperformance.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyEight
Ever since ford put a blower on their DOHC 4.6, cobra owners have gotten gayer and gayer. I think it was the years upon years of the assbetaings ford got that made them this way. All that time of being losers and finally they get a car that STOCK for STOCK can BARELY outrun a stock all motor LS1, and it went to their heads. Its GM's fault, really.

If anyone denies this fact, take a trip over to svtperformance.
Do you even own a car? Ford or Chevy?
Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by _Zac
Do you even own a car? Ford or Chevy?

Yea, i do. Its a stock honda at the moment, i sold the camaro about a month back. Figured id use the extra cash now and buy another in christmas. Cant decide if im going to go the "Street car" route or the "drag car" route. A mid-high nine second car would be fun.....

As far as my old car, The current owner lives down the street form me if youd like a piece of it though, im sure hed be happy to break one off in your ***.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyEight
Yea, i do. Its a stock honda at the moment, i sold the camaro about a month back. Figured id use the extra cash now and buy another in christmas. Cant decide if im going to go the "Street car" route or the "drag car" route. A mid-high nine second car would be fun.....

As far as my old car, The current owner lives down the street form me if youd like a piece of it though, im sure hed be happy to break one off in your ***.
go street car you wont have any fun in a drag car..

And your old car doesn't have enough..
Old 08-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Nice vid. I think I lightly soiled myself watching it.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by _Zac
go street car you wont have any fun in a drag car..

And your old car doesn't have enough..

I dunno, ive never owned a "drag car".. Ive owned a few performance cars in my short lifespan (im only 20), but never a "drag car". Id like to get into the high nines, as the old car was only good for mid tens at best.

I dunno, its still a bit off from december, i change my mind daily.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSmokin 01
Thanks for the props and compliments fellas . All the cars were fast and I have nothing but respect for them and their owners.

If anybody missed a shift it was game over. That's why I was taking my time on the 2-3 in the last one. I had a feeling that I had it (based on the previous run) so there wasn't a reason to force it and possibly f-up.

There's not much room for error. I even loned Zee my DR's on 10 spokes to help level the playing field. My car is also no liteweight. She's 3850 lbs on the street with me in it and we all had passengers.

The first run I started 1/2 car back and just got it in gear on the last honk. There's a bend in the road and I thought we were going when it straightened completely. Also had a car in my lane and figured we'd wait to put a little more space between us. I was wrong . I let out in the middle of 4th gear and got on the brakes hard due to the car coming up in my lane. I had 1 1/2 cars on the Cobra and pulling.

The last run I granny shift the 2-3 and let out in the bottom of 4th. Had another car coming up in my lane and the first run was too close for comfort on the brakes. Once I pulled a car on the Z I lifted. I was out 2 on the Cobra.

Funny thing is I also had a boost leak and a blown drivers side head gasket. The boost leak I didnt' know about until I got home. The gasket I knew about, but it didn't pressurize the radiator and blow coolant out the reservoir until the upper rpms. I'd irritated it earlier in the week tuning for the track.

I figured she'd be good for a couple runs and I didn't want to be a no show. Never would of heard the end of that .

As far as the twin screw, he now has a whipple on there making 630rwhp/600rwtq. I'm sure we'll be running again at some point. I may have a few more ponies by then though .

These runs were prior to the 614 dyno and I'm sure as everyone knows dyno #'s are just that, #'s. It's how the car performs that matters.

I've got another camera view from the Cobra. Gives you a better angle. If you guys are interested I'll put it up on streetfire.
Thanks for chiming in, i knew something was up when you didnt waste that bolt on cobra.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DRI_Z28
http://dagostinoracing.com/media/200..._2001SCZ06.wmv

03 Kenne Bell Cobra (19lbs) vs Procharged Z06 (8lbs)

so much for the twin screw on 17+ lbs
Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

flame my **** you whiners hahahahahaha seriously i said nice video but if you knew anything bout RPM speeds of eatons or weight ratios then youve got room for arguements otherwise i said nice video and congrats on winning..... man you guys seriously need to chill out....

btw go get your LS7 or LSX whatever..... if your gonna do that then give me .80+ NOS pill and well see what your creatd 15K+ motor is worth

rant over
Yes, a KB or Whippled cobra is a different animal and they hit high 500 low 600 rwhp. You should also know that it takes a cobra about 50 rwhp to beat a LS1, so even a twinscrew might not win.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

mr jay.. its was a very nice video the snake was siick, aswell *** the Z06 and ss and and who cares what would have happen "if he had a twin screw" the thing is that he didnt have one,he ran what he brung and did very well. why go into the "OH if he had this he would smash on those cars" cmon.. BTW nice video siick cars!

Quick Reply: Procharged LS1 vs 03/04 cobra