Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Procharged LS1 vs 03/04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _Zac
So are we when we say, you sir are a moron.

BTW Mach's run simailar times to lS1's. Bet that hurts doesn't it?
first off lt1 are useless compared to ls1's. only advantage is they cost less. and i never said i would beat any mustang in my car. yes my 160,000 mile lt1 is slow. thats sad you have to compare 50+ year technology to new technolgy . thats also why i'm doing an lsx/m6 swap. i've seen bone stock ls1 and mach 1's both run at the track plenty of times. the times are close but then what can you do to the mach 1 to get better times outta of it other than a s/c or nittrios? what i mean by better times is like a full second. 4.6 motors suck, yea you can put cams in them but every time i seen this done gains were minimal. how many head options do you have? anything more than that is just $$$$. the lsx also responds better to bolt ons better than the 4.6. full bolt on ls1's rape full bolt on gt's/mach1/99-02 cobra's. you can get ls6 heads for 400.00 and ^ depending on porting and etc. 5.0 are the only motor that i seen n/a that's been in single digit's n/a i never seen an n/a 4.6 past high 11's. t-rex camed motors run low 11's and 10 secs n/a all the time. i'm not knocking on mustangs/ford i'm just saying the 4.6 in the stang n/a sucks ***. i even almost bought a 03 mach 1. if you want a power adder then yea there ****** awesome cars

Last edited by silverlt1ss; 08-11-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by silverlt1ss
first off lt1 are useless compared to ls1's. only advantage is they cost less. and i never said i would beat any mustang in my car. yes my 160,000 mile lt1 is slow. thats sad you have to compare 50+ year technology to new technolgy . thats also why i'm doing an lsx/m6 swap. i've seen bone stock ls1 and mach 1's both run at the track plenty of times. the times are close but then what can you do to the mach 1 to get better times outta of it other than a s/c or nittrios? what i mean by better times is like a full second. 4.6 motors suck, yea you can put cams in them but every time i seen this done gains were minimal. how many head options do you have? anything more than that is just $$$$. the lsx also responds better to bolt ons better than the 4.6. full bolt on ls1's rape full bolt on gt's/mach1/99-02 cobra's. you can get ls6 heads for 400.00 and ^ depending on porting and etc. 5.0 are the only motor that i seen n/a that's been in single digit's n/a i never seen an n/a 4.6 past high 11's. t-rex camed motors run low 11's and 10 secs n/a all the time. i'm not knocking on mustangs/ford i'm just saying the 4.6 in the stang n/a sucks ***. i even almost bought a 03 mach 1. if you want a power adder then yea there ****** awesome cars
First off allow me to educate you a bit on mustangs. Bolt-on machs and 99-01 Cobras have gone extremely fast I want to say they are somewhere near high tens at this point bolt-ons only. Not to mention the Stroker 5.4 motors are making 540+rwhp N/A, so that about covers not needing power adders to go fast/make power. Secondly, you bring up heads and cam power, or lack there of. Cobra heads flow roughly 300cfm from the factory there is really no need to dive right into a heads cam swap on a motor that doesn't really need it to go fast. Also, it is a pain due to it having 32 of everything. I think this is a clear cut case of simply not taking the time to look into the facts about the competition.

PS, I never said anything about your LT1, but if you want I can tell you exactly how I feel about that particular abortion.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice vid. If the cobra was faster is would have won....

FYI- This is a car site and most guys already know what would be needed for a car to beat the other, just ignore fan boys and stay happy. No need to make hypothetical statements.

btw, Jay, what you got done to the Terminator?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by _Zac
First off allow me to educate you a bit on mustangs. Bolt-on machs and 99-01 Cobras have gone extremely fast I want to say they are somewhere near high tens at this point bolt-ons only. Not to mention the Stroker 5.4 motors are making 540+rwhp N/A, so that about covers not needing power adders to go fast/make power. Secondly, you bring up heads and cam power, or lack there of. Cobra heads flow roughly 300cfm from the factory there is really no need to dive right into a heads cam swap on a motor that doesn't really need it to go fast. Also, it is a pain due to it having 32 of everything. I think this is a clear cut case of simply not taking the time to look into the facts about the competition.

PS, I never said anything about your LT1, but if you want I can tell you exactly how I feel about that particular abortion.
i know u didn't, someon else did in this thread. read a little closer, i said anything more than h/cams is $$$$$$$$$ especally if u don't yank/build it yourself. another words "dumb *** investment unless you like spending money. so your saying full exhuast, pullys,tb to name the bigger of the bolt on's, on a mach 1/99-02 cobra's put's them in the 10's? i don't think so. even with gears/stahl i still don't think so. maybe and just maybe a mid/low 12
Old 08-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
Nice vid. If the cobra was faster is would have won....

FYI- This is a car site and most guys already know what would be needed for a car to beat the other, just ignore fan boys and stay happy. No need to make hypothetical statements.

btw, Jay, what you got done to the Terminator?
agreed, i'm done. off topic for this thread any way.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

ford motors suck my *******, the couldn't build a good performance for ****, there solution to everything is "through a superchager on it, that way it will beat an N/A lsx car"
i'm not knocking on mustangs/ford i'm just saying the 4.6 in the stang n/a sucks ***. i even almost bought a 03 mach 1. if you want a power adder then yea there ****** awesome cars
Old 08-12-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Pimp

so your saying full exhuast, pullys,tb to name the bigger of the bolt on's, on a mach 1/99-02 cobra's put's them in the 10's? i don't think so. even with gears/stahl i still don't think so. maybe and just maybe a mid/low 12
Yes low 11's or high 10's it happens all the time in the bolt-on class. Sure Joe blow that can't drive and has no mods will run a high 12, but full bolt-ons, gears, tires, etc you're in the mid-low 11's easy. I know it's hard to fathom a mustang can hang with the almighty LS1 N/A, but thus is real life. The truth must be hard to handle.. If you want I can get you the gun to kill yourself with?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Launching!

You show me a bolt-on only Mach or N/A Cobra going 10's or 11's on motor and I'll show you one gutted out, stupid geared, bucket for a seat, bumper supports removed, 110lb driver, $5k suspended, etc.....you get the point.

I'm in no way agreeing with homedude above. I love Mustangs. All of my friends drive Fox's and I get to work on them all the time. They're quite potent with enough money thrown at them, like anything else. But you're not gonna run 10's or 11's with a bolt-on Mach or Cobra w/o some major MAJOR other modifications to the drivetrain/suspension.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by radz
If is the key word, just like if the f-bodys had forged internals they wopuld be spraying more or using more boost. If... anyways very evenly matched races
^^^ What he said. If any one of those cars had a KB and forged internals (especially the LS1's) it would have been game over. And if, IF WERE A SKIFF, WE'D ALL GO FOR A RIDE. But thats only IF.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

How about we restart this thread in a few months after the KB LS1 kits hit the streets? I also would like to see proof of a stock 4.6 DOHC with boltons go 10s.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Teh Juggernaut
How about we restart this thread in a few months after the KB LS1 kits hit the streets? I also would like to see proof of a stock 4.6 DOHC with boltons go 10s.
+1
Old 08-12-2006, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

so from procharged ls1's and cobra's to two guys argueing chevy vs ford, whats next, who has the bigger dick?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by john3daly
You show me a bolt-on only Mach or N/A Cobra going 10's or 11's on motor and I'll show you one gutted out, stupid geared, bucket for a seat, bumper supports removed, 110lb driver, $5k suspended, etc.....you get the point.

I'm in no way agreeing with homedude above. I love Mustangs. All of my friends drive Fox's and I get to work on them all the time. They're quite potent with enough money thrown at them, like anything else. But you're not gonna run 10's or 11's with a bolt-on Mach or Cobra w/o some major MAJOR other modifications to the drivetrain/suspension.
Ive personally seen a black Mach1 at milan run a 11.5 with 365rwhp but has a best of 11.3 of last year so its probably in the 10's. The car had cobera seats but wasnt gutted out, had a 4.56 gear ratio and the driver weighed 200 something. The car weighed 3400lbs with fuel and him in the car. There was recently a 5.4 car that ran a 9 not to bad for a little modular muscle. Where Im from its run which you brung and hope you brought enough. Big N/A cubes small N/A cubesand small cubes with a blower there all fast.

Last edited by 67maro; 08-12-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 67maro
Ive personally seen a black Mach1 at milan run a 11.5 with 365rwhp but has a best of 11.3 of last year so its probably in the 10's. The car had cobera seats but wasnt gutted out, had a 4.56 gear ratio and the driver weighed 200 something. The car weighed 3400lbs with fuel and him in the car. There was recently a 5.4 car that ran a 9 not to bad for a little modular muscle. Where Im from its run which you brung and hope you brought enough. Big N/A cubes small N/A cubesand small cubes with a blower there all fast.
What bolt-ons got him to 365rwhp? My car was going 11.8-11.9's with only 367rwhp, full weight, 3.73 gear, and on Nitto's.....so I can see another, lighter, car doing the same thing on a tire and steep gear.

We have cars that drive to the track, during a simple TnT might I add, and run 5's, then turn around and drive the car home. Of course, from all the real racers I've talked to in other states, Mooresville/NC guys are the ones they worry about. I don't guess we're as famous b/c most of us are more worried about pulling the wheels past the 60' mark than going fast from a 50mph kick......It's hell to have a 6 second street car, like mine, and still have to worry about the guy next to you at a traffic light.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned

i don't think a bolt on mach 1 (street trim) would run with this bolt on cobra in the end against the ls1. ls1 car is cam+ bolt on mmmmmmmm....... 4.6's n/a.......sure are better than lsx's n/a......
Old 08-14-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

4.56 is not a very street friendly gear. Was it on a street legal tire? Not bad for a 4v 281 cid motor. Im sure it also had about every bolton imagineable and a nasty little tune
Old 08-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

you know what...Threads like this are why the car market is the way it is. No body can give anybody else respect for having something thats nice. My personal stand point is that the car that I absolutely hate most in the world is a damn honda civic...but i'll tell you what if someone makes a 10 second pass in one he has my respect for having a bad *** setup. Everyone in the world needs to grow up. Sad thing is its usually mustang owners that act like ******** in my mind but in this case unit speaks with the most class as I have seen out of most people on this board.
As far as ford has never built a good engine...I couldn't agree more but I want an 03/04 cobra because its the first car IN MY OPINION that ford did it right they knew what made good power and went with it. Bottom line is this everybody needs to have a little respect for other peoples decisions after all they pay for it not your whinning opinions.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

281 4v's in 10's with bolt ons....never seen it, but very interested in that. LINKS!!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5w20
281 4v's in 10's with bolt ons....never seen it, but very interested in that. LINKS!!
+1..... that is very far fetched for a n/a 281!

Quick Reply: Procharged LS1 vs 03/04 cobra