Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Fadi's Z06 vs Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest zac you should read the time slips cause the ones over 130 mph say there were mods. like weight reduction, and several others, just check it out to be sure dude. wanna make sure the 10 is legit, if so, kick ***. But I wil never spend 150k + for a car when I can build one for under 40 (including price of car)that will spank that *** and still make it to work monday. actuallty give me 25k and I can do it!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
a z06 owner(who prefers to keep his cars stock) ran an 11.2. They were talking about maybe even seeing stock Z06's into the high 10's before its over.
It's Ranger, but I thought I read he thought it wasn't quite possible with the stupid Torque Managment
Old 08-11-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by nightmarevette
Omg, you missed the entire point I was trying to make. I was trying to say that for 150k the Ford GT has about the same performance as the 80k(aprox) Z06. Soooo, the point I was making is, if you are willing to spend 150k on a car that doesnt perform any better hardly than a 80k car why not go ahead and get a car besides a FORD? Why not get something that will really be a "crowd stopper" like a Ferrari or a Lambo...if your into showing off? I guaran-*******-te that you would get a hell of a lot more looks in a Lambo or a Ferrari than a ******* Ford GT(ITS STILL A FORD).

On a side note...I think its hilarious how Ford has to use FI to be able to hang with a LSX motor. Im pretty much done here, seems like some people on ls1tech need to go to svtperformance so they can dream about blowing carrol shelby...with the other *** clowns there.
You are a very close minded individual.. I think you should go back to www.ImaCloseMindedMullet.com

On this site as well as in real life we take into acount where the other 70k went on the F-GT.. You will notice that the F-GT is a super car, and the Vette is well, a Vette. You can take the Z06, and I will take the F-GT.. See you at 200+, oh wait no I wont..
Old 08-11-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by linegtdt52
to be honest zac you should read the time slips cause the ones over 130 mph say there were mods. like weight reduction, and several others, just check it out to be sure dude. wanna make sure the 10 is legit, if so, kick ***. But I wil never spend 150k + for a car when I can build one for under 40 (including price of car)that will spank that *** and still make it to work monday. actuallty give me 25k and I can do it!
Anyone can make a car go faster then either of the cars in question for unequivocally less, but you will still be in a F-Body, or a mustang.

That's my point see..
The Vette is ******* baller, but in the end no matter how close it comes to the GT it's still a Vette. The GT is on another level entirely. I've seen more then a few Z06's around, but to see a GT is like finding a unicorn, **** just doesn't happen all the time.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by _Zac
Anyone can make a car go faster then either of the cars in question for unequivocally less, but you will still be in a F-Body, or a mustang.

That's my point see..
The Vette is ******* baller, but in the end no matter how close it comes to the GT it's still a Vette. The GT is on another level entirely. I've seen more then a few Z06's around, but to see a GT is like finding a unicorn, **** just doesn't happen all the time.

exactly
Old 08-11-2006, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

That's my point see..
Theres some good points made. There will be another Z06 there wont be another Ford GT.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GT is on another level entirely. I've seen more then a few Z06's around, but to see a GT is like finding a unicorn, **** just doesn't happen all the time.
I love the new Z06, but the GT draws a crowd every time it makes it to a local car show. (guy here has a red one) I see a new z06 at least 3-4 times a week. even tried to race one in my old car. I have yet to see a GT driving around.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Id take a zo6 over the gt anyday simply because I love the styling of the z better. And for the price that you save with the z I could buy another lsx car. Also the vette is NA supercharge the z and lets go some more rounds.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by allthrotle
supercharge the z and lets go some more rounds.
Well if the Blue devil ends up coming out then there will be a faster Supercharged GM car then the F-GT without question, but here's the kicker, are you willing to pay F-GT prices for a Vette? Sure it will beat everything on the track, but at the end of the day you're in a Vette just like the old ladies down the street for you. Same weak interior, but twice the cash. If the blue devil does make production it will be the badest track car ever, but for the money they will have to change some things about the car to make it more refined. *Cough* Interior *cough*

Originally Posted by 67maro
Theres some good points made. There will be another Z06 there wont be another Ford GT.
Exactly..
Old 08-11-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Almost as bad as a night vid.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

If it comes down to pickign between the two I'm gong with the Ford GT all the way. How many Ford GT's do you see on the road and how many C6's and C6 Z06 do you see on the road? okay then
Old 08-11-2006, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Well if the Blue devil ends up coming out then there will be a faster Supercharged GM car then the F-GT without question, but here's the kicker, are you willing to pay F-GT prices for a Vette?
Just curious, but if Motortrend is right and there is a "SuperCorvette" out by mid 2007, I haven't seen anything to indicate that it will cost as much as a F-GT.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSCam99
Just curious, but if Motortrend is right and there is a "SuperCorvette" out by mid 2007, I haven't seen anything to indicate that it will cost as much as a F-GT.

lets be smart about this... we are talking an 80k corvette... then taking it making it better, lighter, faster... do you NOT think it wont go up in price?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
lets be smart about this... we are talking an 80k corvette... then taking it making it better, lighter, faster... do you NOT think it wont go up in price?
Even if the price goes up $30 - 40,000 it's still significantly cheaper than the F-GT. And faster. With money left over to buy my wife something nice.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stock for stock I hate to say it but the GT is faster just by a bit. But who the hell keeps either of these cars stock!

When the Corvette SS (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108398) comes out, if it does, it will be all over for the ford guys. The Corvette SS will be all carbon fiber and should weigh in about 2800 lbs and be over 600+ hp.

I have seen about 3 GTs around here. One of the GTs in town got beat by a cammed nitrous ws6 pretty bad. The GT owner did seem to be to happy. A cammed nitours c6 z06 made over 700 rwhp at HPE.

Both cars are really bad *** but I think the c6 z06 is an overall better car they can do pretty much anything ie. drifting, le mans racing, drag racing, street racing, etc
Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

it is still a concept, and the F-GT is so expensive bc of markup... just wait till that vette comes out as of right now it is ALL IF'S
Old 08-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Teching In

having a lot of something is good. keep the price down. if ford could sell as many gt as corvette the price might be cheaper. its all in what you want to be seen in and i want to be seen in a c6z06.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Teching In

The GT was meant to be a LOW production car unlike the Vette, which is the reason for all the mark ups i believe. As stated by the before posts the GT is just a rare car. Im pretty sure the guy in a GT will still be smiling even if he does get beat by an everyday vette just b/c he knows what he has and wherever he goes people will be drawn to it. just my .002
Old 08-11-2006, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by allthrotle
Id take a zo6 over the gt anyday simply because I love the styling of the z better. And for the price that you save with the z I could buy another lsx car. Also the vette is NA supercharge the z and lets go some more rounds.
As proven by many tests on the LS7 engine it cant hold boost. Reason being its because its pushing the limits of a small block as is. Didnt procharger only get like 7lbs of boost on the stock LS7? About this Z07 or blue devil enough ifs and buts and fake specs when it comes out we will talk. Theres been more then a few FGT's with over 700rwhp.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Teching In

also, if somebody was to afford a Ford GT im sure they can modify it as well... the whole "i have 70k to mod w/" is a lame *** excuse, almost "ricer"-esque[/QUOTE]

so now it is "ricer" to put money into your car? how much "ricer" esque have you put into your car then? Mr. death by P.S.I.? How "RICER is your car then? so what if some one puts $10 or $70k into there car! if someone put $70k into a mustang would it be rice or nice?