Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Fadi's Z06 vs Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:07 AM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop getting off subject this thread was started on the FACT that 7 owners of BOTH cars said the GT was faster/better. IF there is a supercharged Vette in our future we will see how it does, but know this a normal Z06 runs 83K. The new one will be near the price of a F-GT, but the problem with that is you're still driving a Vette.

Just like if I had the the most baller/expensive Mustang or F-Body sure I'd PWN everything on the road, but Im still in a buster *** ride not a pimp F-GT.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Teching In

The Ford Gt is a great car. It's fast, can handle and has it's own pro's and cons as does the C6 Z06. Both cars perform almost identically in virtually all aspects but when you are driving a car made for the street that is pushing that much power...it really does come down to a driver's race. Both cars are bad *** and both cars have alot of potential to become even better. For all the vette guys out there...just thank god that there is something out there that can compete with the C6Z06...or else the streets would be boring and that is the same for the GT guys. Ford and Chevy have always been neck and neck when it comes to performace competitiveness and thank god for that as well...for if there was no competition between the two companies...we would not be fortunate to have these two awesome cars on the road today for all to enjoy...or in my case...drool in envy. With all these "if's and but's" being tossed around anything can happen in a street race or on the drag strip. If the Blue Devil does make it to the production line then Ford will have to answer...and believe me...they always will. They will have something that will be right up there with the Blue Devil. Ford won't let Chevy walk away that easy with the competition...and vice versa...it's a never ending battle...and we benefit from this...with awesome performing cars at much lower costs than the cars found across the pond in Europe...

I'm personally a vette guy... I love the new Z06, and although I am not a Ford fan...I absolutley hate looking at the GT in magazines and film, but I am completely awed by it in person...
Old 08-12-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

put a blower on the Z06 and it will pull on the GT by 5 buslengths
Old 08-12-2006, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lomaximumta
put a blower on the Z06 and it will pull on the GT by 5 buslengths
As Ive said before the LS7 cant handel the boost. So after the engine goes kaboom the GT will pull it by bus lenghts.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 67maro
7 people who own both the cars said the GT is faster.
it sucks when you have to correct people about their OWN quote. the quote you posted did NOT say that 7 people who own both cars say the GT is faster. yur quote DID say that ONE guy that supposedly knows 7 people that own both say the GT is faster.

Originally Posted by two step
Whats not to like both cars are amazing and both are beautiful. I'm just proud that the are both made here in the USA. I'm a total Z06 fan but would take the GT in a second too.
what he said

Originally Posted by bdr_ws6
There was a Lamborghini Diablo VT, and a Ford GT at a car show I was at last year and each time I passed each the GT had 2X more people than the Lamborghini.

Just a little peice of info.
cuz at that point everyone had seen a diablo or pictures of one. at that time the GT was a new car and everyone just wanted to see what it was about. by yur standards the new camaro or challenger concept will have more "pimp-factor" than the GT or the z06

Originally Posted by _Zac
I've seen more then a few Z06's around, but to see a GT is like finding a unicorn, **** just doesn't happen all the time.
proves there are still smart shoppers in america. why waste $70k?

this is seriously a stupid thread. if i weren't so bored at work i'd have never wasted time reading it. both cars are ******* amazing and i'd sign on the dotted line for either/both of them tomorrow if i could
Old 08-12-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Pimp

proves there are still smart shoppers in america. why waste $70k?
No it just shows not everyone can buy one unlike the Vette.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the new Blue Devil comes out with a supercharger and it spanks the Ford GT you are still driving more than 50 years of American History and a car that spanks every single car in its class in Lemans racing circuit. You will only be driving a LEGEND thats all. Oh and the new Vette is only $65,000 relax. So does that mean that since they are jacking up the price of the new GT500 that it is horribly priced at $65,000 it costs that much? No! The reason both the GT500 and Z06 are so expensive is because of its popularity. Oh and the New GT500 supposedly has 500 HP, so then why is it that a base Corvette spanks it in the Quarter mile, in a road race and in any other aspect. If you ask me I still think the better bang for the buck is the C6 Vette. You are going to reply with another BS message. Yeah of course the Ford GT is suppose to be faster but dont be bitter because the Z06 is half the price and with just exahust work it will spank it. Relax BUD get of you high horse, mustang!!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Oh and the New GT500 supposedly has 500 HP, so then why is it that a base Corvette spanks it in the Quarter mile, in a road race and in any other aspect. If you ask me I still think the better bang for the buck is the C6 Vette. You are going to reply with another BS message. Yeah of course the Ford GT is suppose to be faster but dont be bitter because the Z06 is half the price and with just exahust work it will spank it. Relax BUD get of you high horse, mustang!!
New GT500 runs low 12's@118 no C6 will hang with that period. Yes the C6 is a better all around performer, but you are still in the same car as your 75 year old grandma. GT500 will be a collectors car the C6 will not.

As far as the Z06 beating the GT with just minor mods the video posted shows otherwise.. Shows them to be close, but unfortunately for that argument the GT with mods gains much more power.

Also, I wouldn't say my mustang is a "high horse" it's a crap box just like any other F-Body or mustang. It just runs fast for cheap and makes the right noises and that's why I bought it.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

but you are still in the same car as your 75 year old grandma. GT500 will be a collectors car the C6 will not.
what a stupid argument. i know plenty of old people that drive every kind of car. in fact one of the GTs around here is driven by a 65 year old man, and i dont think the car has ever seen 4K RPM. i guess yur precious GT is just a crap-box now too since an old person owns one

forgive me, its been a month or so since i've been to the dragstrip, and its been MONTHS since i've been to a road course but are they now giving some kind of bonus or shaving times off of actual times for "collector" cars? oh they aren't? the timers don't give a **** what kind of car it is all they do is record the elapsed time? i'll be damned.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by crazyidiot4.8
what a stupid argument. i know plenty of old people that drive every kind of car. in fact one of the GTs around here is driven by a 65 year old man, and i dont think the car has ever seen 4K RPM. i guess yur precious GT is just a crap-box now too since an old person owns one
No you big dummy the point isn't that old people drive them, it's that anyone can get one. Hell even you, but not the GT.. Even if you had the money to buy one you would still have to find someone that would sell it to you.

No timers don't care about money, but if you buy a GT500 down the road someone will pay you more because it's a shelby not because of how fast it is.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

The FGT is an absolutely badass car. However, Ford went cheap on the powertrain...for a roadracer. SC is always a cheaper and more expedient means of making a car fast. However, on a road coarse the FGT would get killed by the Z06 after a few laps...the FGT would begin to lose quite a bit of power from the heat it produces. SC suck an ungodly ammt of power...seeing as the FGT is actually making 650 HP or something like that. As the two went around a road coarse the FGT would end up losing as the laps added up. There is a reason all road racing teams use NA or TC...and never SC. Both badass cars. Stock for stock (with the Z06's sucky torque management and fuel cutoff at 198) the FGT is faster...but when distance and turns are thrown in the Z06 will win. I would rather have the Z06 even if money is no option, but I just really love Vettes and Maros...I am too middle class for my own good, LOL.

W
Old 08-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Launching!

The only GT500 I've seen go low 12's was a pre-production vehicle. The quickest real world time I've seen is 12.8x @ 114mph on DR's.

Pretty impressive that a handbuilt "supercar" barely edges out an everymans car in a straight line...and the "superior" mid engine car loses in the twisties to, like you said, a car anyone can afford.

GT's are the car to get...if you want to impress your neighbors.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by john3daly
The only GT500 I've seen go low 12's was a pre-production vehicle. The quickest real world time I've seen is 12.8x @ 114mph on DR's.

Pretty impressive that a handbuilt "supercar" barely edges out an everymans car in a straight line...and the "superior" mid engine car loses in the twisties to, like you said, a car anyone can afford.

GT's are the car to get...if you want to impress your neighbors.
The Z06 is not an everymans car at $83K.. It just looks like one.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Maybe $83k with a $13k markup...
Old 08-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1funz28
150k vs 80k lets do some math
150k minus 80k = 70k
put 70k into zo6=
fords wet dream

no way could a ford keep up with that no matter how you spend the money.

why are there ford guy posting on a chevy site anyway. they should be banned just my $.02

granted the ford gt has the looks and all but a car half the price keeping up with it come on now the only poeple crazier than the ones thalking about it are the ones buying them. hahahahahahahahaha

The Money thing is stupid as hell.....how bout this scenario.

Geo Metro= 1000$
Z06=80k
80k-1000$= 79,000

Put 79k in a metro

This is one dumbass thread....Lets just be glad Ford vs. Chevy is still goin.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Pimp

Maybe $83k with a $13k markup...
My buddy just got his.. Trust me it's 83K.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

cuz at that point everyone had seen a diablo or pictures of one. at that time the GT was a new car and everyone just wanted to see what it was about. by yur standards the new camaro or challenger concept will have more "pimp-factor" than the GT or the z06
From my experiance with a exotic car the Ferrari 360 Spyder I didnt even get a second glance now my neighbor has a Ford GT and says that it draws a crowd everywhere it goes where as the exotic simply does not. It probably didnt help that the Ferrari wasnt red but none the less its still a Ferrari.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WECIV
The FGT is an absolutely badass car. However, Ford went cheap on the powertrain...for a roadracer. SC is always a cheaper and more expedient means of making a car fast. However, on a road coarse the FGT would get killed by the Z06 after a few laps...the FGT would begin to lose quite a bit of power from the heat it produces. SC suck an ungodly ammt of power...seeing as the FGT is actually making 650 HP or something like that. As the two went around a road coarse the FGT would end up losing as the laps added up. There is a reason all road racing teams use NA or TC...and never SC. Both badass cars. Stock for stock (with the Z06's sucky torque management and fuel cutoff at 198) the FGT is faster...but when distance and turns are thrown in the Z06 will win. I would rather have the Z06 even if money is no option, but I just really love Vettes and Maros...I am too middle class for my own good, LOL.

W
If the Z06 is faster can you explain the top gear test where the FGT is faster?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Launching!

My buddy just got his.. Trust me it's 83K.
Then he paid $13k over MSRP.....just check out Chevy's site. They're $70k.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Pimp

Then he paid $13k over MSRP.....just check out Chevy's site. They're $70k.
Thanks for the math update.. I can see you have never bought a car that has been marked up. Here's how it works.. New car comes out, new car is wanted by people willing to pay, new car sells for whatever the dealer asks for it. It's called supply and demand check with your local gas station for more info.