Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Lexus LS Parks Itself (funny)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!stupid lexus drivers!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Morbid
Isn't that feature just for parallel parking and not backing into a parking space?

Originally Posted by BadBlackZ
What a bunch of focking idiots... the thing was trying to PARALLEL park cuz that is was it is supposed to do... well atleast that is what it shows on the commercial.

Originally Posted by njn63
nothing like a bunch of morons that didn't read the manual trying to use something.

I also thought this was for parallel parking and that's what it appeared to be trying to do in the last attempt.

If you listen and watch it asks them at the beggining how they want to park. also you can go here http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/clips...iew-196551.php

To see more about hwo it works and it shows the option for parking in a regular spot or a parallel spot. So they only thing I can see that they did wrong is they didnt keep their foot on the brake, which it says to do, and he hit the gas, or they are just stupid

The car does have some other cool features though liek the 8 speed transmission and adaptive cruise control.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Default imitation

Originally Posted by Tainted
you let me down, i thought I found a shittier typer than me!
if at least one person got my joke it was worth it...
Old 01-27-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

my mom owns an LS460L, and she says that feature is the dumbest **** ever.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

You clowns take things too seriously. These guys are OBVIOUSLY mocking the system (and the general population for being so stupid and hopeless Toyota decided to develop the system in the first place) and purposely making things harder than they have to be (probably to demonstrate how your average idiot driver would respond to the system for the first time). The whole classical music in the background was an OBVIOUS shot at Lexus and their oh so magnificent commercials that often feature similar music in the background.

As for you folks bitching about it being strictly for parallel parking... When does Lexus state that it's only for parallel parking? Did you even watch and LISTEN during the video? You can clearly hear them blurt out the option for PERPENDICULAR parking.

The guys at Automobile mag are just messing around and having some fun. Unfortunately their scripted performance is probably more real than they think. As much as I think this park assist crap is one of the dumbest ******* things a manufacturer could put onto a vehicle, it doesn't change the fact that if you're going to order the option, you should learn how to ******* use it properly BEFORE you try it out on the open road. Most car owners are too stupid and impatient to sit down with the manual after they've purchased a new vehicle. I mean FFS take that **** into the bathroom and read that ************ while you're taking a dump so that you don't cause an accident the next time you're trying to figure out how to change the radio station in your brand new car.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

The feature is for parallel or perpendicular parking and it actually works pretty good if your not in a rush and you know how to use it.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
You clowns take things too seriously. These guys are OBVIOUSLY mocking the system (and the general population for being so stupid and hopeless Toyota decided to develop the system in the first place) and purposely making things harder than they have to be (probably to demonstrate how your average idiot driver would respond to the system for the first time). The whole classical music in the background was an OBVIOUS shot at Lexus and their oh so magnificent commercials that often feature similar music in the background.

As for you folks bitching about it being strictly for parallel parking... When does Lexus state that it's only for parallel parking? Did you even watch and LISTEN during the video? You can clearly hear them blurt out the option for PERPENDICULAR parking.

The guys at Automobile mag are just messing around and having some fun. Unfortunately their scripted performance is probably more real than they think. As much as I think this park assist crap is one of the dumbest ******* things a manufacturer could put onto a vehicle, it doesn't change the fact that if you're going to order the option, you should learn how to ******* use it properly BEFORE you try it out on the open road. Most car owners are too stupid and impatient to sit down with the manual after they've purchased a new vehicle. I mean FFS take that **** into the bathroom and read that ************ while you're taking a dump so that you don't cause an accident the next time you're trying to figure out how to change the radio station in your brand new car.
FFS??
Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow i guess GM and the germans should be shaking in their boots at the sight of this technological breakthrough.......whats next a lexus with a smoothie machine?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

yea i saw that a while back. My friends sister has one and it really isnt that hard to set it to park. o and did you notice those are the vallet guys lol O and brudda you might want to calm down
Old 01-27-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats funny. they are def. mocking the system. I wonder if it really works like that or if it is smooth once you get used to it.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Lol!!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Default FFS i think means

Originally Posted by Shackleford
FFS??
For F***k Sake
Old 01-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

I wonder when it hits someone else who gets the ticket since the person can say they werent driving...should be some interesting results in a few months to come
Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

laziness is disgusting
Old 01-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Banned

lmao..i think they invented it for old people....