Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

R34 Skyline LS1 TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

i LOVE the ls1 and love turbo ls1s even more. however, what a waste of a great engine and an even greater car. that car was and will always be better with the rb series engine in it. 900whp capable engine and 9000rpm capable as well and they put an ls1 in it? car will be fast no doubt, just dont see the point.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
i LOVE the ls1 and love turbo ls1s even more. however, what a waste of a great engine and an even greater car. that car was and will always be better with the rb series engine in it. 900whp capable engine and 9000rpm capable as well and they put an ls1 in it? car will be fast no doubt, just dont see the point.

I'm with you. If you have an MK IV Supra, do you rip out the 2JZ....hell no. Its a bad *** motor. Same with the Skyline, the RB26 is an awesome powerplant. I love the LS1 but in this case, I think they should have left the RB in place.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least you dont have to worry about over nighting any parts from japan if that thing breaks
Old 01-22-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats the first ive seen, an ls1 in a skyline. not bad
Old 01-22-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Addict

Kinda weird but i like the idea

peace
Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

I think one big turbo would have been better
Old 01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse
I'm with you. If you have an MK IV Supra, do you rip out the 2JZ...
HELL YEAH I would, just to **** the f*** out of the Toyota owners/worshippers!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

I agree, but it depends. if he bought the shell that way and had an LS1 laying around then hell yeah, go for it. But i personally wouldn't rip out the RB and put an LS1 in for the hell of it....unless i already had another Skyline lol.

Sadly, a lot of people are ignorant (in the nice way) and just don't know what some of those engines can do. They think 'just because' it's a Japanese engine it must be crap. Well, their inline 6's have proven them-selves to be reliable monsters time and time again, to say they don't have any potential would just be intentional ignorance.

I must say, i'm definately looking forward to seeing videos of this thing...and more pictures damnit. And i hope to hell they left it AWD.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

:bust nut:
Old 01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
I agree, but it depends. if he bought the shell that way and had an LS1 laying around then hell yeah, go for it. But i personally wouldn't rip out the RB and put an LS1 in for the hell of it....unless i already had another Skyline lol.

Sadly, a lot of people are ignorant (in the nice way) and just don't know what some of those engines can do. They think 'just because' it's a Japanese engine it must be crap. Well, their inline 6's have proven them-selves to be reliable monsters time and time again, to say they don't have any potential would just be intentional ignorance.

I must say, i'm definately looking forward to seeing videos of this thing...and more pictures damnit. And i hope to hell they left it AWD.
well you cant argue that it will sound better
Old 01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is ****** awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMmexican
honestly the RB sounds easily 10 times sicker than the ls1 in that car. now are there better sounding ls1s? you bet. but not as nice as a nice japanese i6 with a turbo on it.

also it cant be for speed because the fastest RB engines are faster than the fastest ls1 i believe.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Teching In

I think LS1 is a lot more fun to drive because two things:

First tons of torque at low rpm and spoolin up faster.

Second you can make more HP on pump gas.

Who needs full boost @6000-7000 RPM and 9000 rpm red line.

What do you think guys?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

well, that's a matter of opinion.

I like a monster-cam V8 with little exhaust and either N/A or some form of forced induction on it.

At the same time, i like the sound of an in-line 6 T/TT churning up to 10k rpm.

They both have their distinct sounds, don't get me wrong not all V8's sound good, and not all I-6's sound good either. Just saying that if done right both can sound awesome. Just a matter of preference.

And please, in advance no one tell me they can't 'go from a dig'. :roll:
Everyone by now should know Supras and Skylines can definately go from a dig. They're not just top-end missiles

**NWS for language**
http://www.exvitermini.com/movies/over120.mpg

Last edited by 97'RS6-BucketTurd; 01-23-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Truly jizztastically badass. ... I can't think of a combo of words to describe how sick.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Launching!

honestly the RB sounds easily 10 times sicker than the ls1 in that car. now are there better sounding ls1s? you bet. but not as nice as a nice japanese i6 with a turbo on it.

also it cant be for speed because the fastest RB engines are faster than the fastest ls1 i believe.
Hi-po LS1 sound > I6 anything.

Oh, the fastest LSx is still faster than the fastest RB.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/62...308-96kph.html

LSx>rb.

Last edited by Chadder; 01-23-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Here's some info I found on the car:

Just found this:
http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130211

"And just so you dont go away wondering if this is a prank or not, here is the LS1 and Gen-TT Intercooled Twin Turbo mounted in the engine bay...
...Now imagine having around 520rwhp and 630rwtq on tap from 3000rpm in a rear wheel drive car, thats setup to go sideways, and weighs in at around 2800lb..."

Then I found this:
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=61035

"...the crazies at GT Autosound that built the 'Worlds Fastest S15' Silvia that some of you might have seen at the LS1 Drag Nationals. Well it looks like they have got serious now, and for next years drift season are putting together a VERY TOUGH looking widebody R34-GTT (another post says it started as a R34 GTS-4) Skyline complete with a H/C equipped LS1 and a Gen-TT Intercooled Twin Turbo kit...
...it only has a cam, 228 @ 112 in it, stock heads, and 918 springs. Boost will be kept stock for a while..."

As for the 'would you take a 2jz out of a Supra?' and saying how the rb is the soul of the car, I like the ls1 swap. What are we, rotary purists? I love the inline turbo motors, and their power potential is incredibly impressive, however the purpose of this car is to spin tires, and make torque. No matter how great these inline motors are, their displacement is killing them (keep in mind these motors are fairly old now, considering advances in the aftermarket as well as domestic offerings).

Most importantly however, is the car did not begin its life with an rb26 OR AWD. In the links I found it was stated that the car was either a GT-T (turbo) or a GTS4 (non-turbo), both of which have the rb25, a 2.5 liter motor that does not share the same power potential or acclaim it's big brother shares.

For anyone who cares, heres a picture of an ls1 in an R33 Skyline (found on ls1tech) that has already been done.

Last edited by dotstereo; 01-23-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
I am fully well aware of the "potential" of the Nippon factory turboed I-6s (if your post was directed at me). But I'm also aware of the smug attitudes of many (most??) of their owners. This is why I stated (with unlimited funds, of course) I would put a domestic V-8 (and I would MAKE DAMN WELL SURE it would kick ANY & ALL Nippon I6s azzes, yes, even your "telephone game" pump gas 2000 rwhp ones!!! ) in their beloved Japanese "epitome of autodom" ride, for the express purpose of pissing the $H!T out of them!!! This goes double for the ers, who don't own one, but would give both of their nuts for just a ride in one. Sorry, but I would take a bolt on C6 Z06 ANY AND EVERYDAY over your Nippon "supacars", no matter how much slower "frumroll" (or dig, for that matter).

Last edited by dailydriver; 01-24-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

so the RB engines are running 5 second quarter miles?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

so the RB engines are running 5 second quarter miles?
last time i checked the fastest ls1 car in the world was casper from W2W and it was in the 6s. and i was watching a video of drag racing from japan that showed many 7 second and i think even a couple 6 second skylines in it.

also the rb25 doesnt have the power potential of the rb26? ive NEVER heard that. ive heard its just as strong and just as amazing of an engine as the rb26 is.

Quick Reply: R34 Skyline LS1 TT