Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Skyline owner with his S%&t together!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really like imports but im going to have to say that this is just disgusting. Seriously the skyline may be overrated but its still a rare car, and its not like the RB26DET is a slouch. This is like finding a perfect condition 69 camaro SS then swaping the engine out for a 900 hp ford engine.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

THE CAR DID NOT COME WITH AN RB26. IT DID NOT HAVE ALL WHEEL DRIVE.

If people would read the original thread, I posted all the information available on the car.

Skylines have multiple engines, body styles, and drivetrains, and they are pretty common in Japan. Everyone always assumes any Skyline is a GTR. We can correlate this information to American cars:
It's not as if someone took a Terminator Cobra and put an ls1 in the car, its more similar to a run of the mill Mustang GT, maybe even a v6.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/643174-r34-skyline-ls1-tt.html
Old 01-30-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
LOL, and that car is the holy grail of imports too and it got by putting an LS1 in it. Goes to show LS1 > ALL Even a Skyline owner figured it out. What a slap in the face to ricers everywhere.

What in the hell are you talking about! You took an LS1 and put it in a Skyline. I think you have it backwards my friend.

I would have put an Rb26 in there instead of an LS1. Much more potential and stronger block from the factory.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bad95killer
Damn i wanna see that thing movin

peace

the sun is powered by an LS1, why do you think we need sunscreen?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 25psi
I would have put an Rb26 in there instead of an LS1. Much more potential and stronger block from the factory.
Considering the car was made to be a drift car, I would rather have an engine with more torque down low than a peaky engine that rev's high. The rb block is stronger from the factory, but not as much as you would think. There may be records of 900+ hp on the stock block, but I've read many people tend to build the motors around 600-700 hp, which isnt TOO far from lsx's (considering the ls7, etc). As far as potential, unless you are talking about the ease of modding an rb26, a la slapping on a bigger turbo, thats about the only time it will have more potential. Once the motor is built, anything can be fast, but the lsx will always have more 'potential' considering its cubes, NA or FI. The rb is losing the displacement war. Period.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Displacement is thrown out the window when a turbo is thrown in. This is why you see civics yanking supercharged viper and twin 350z yanking cobras.

Who said you will make more torque if you have a larger motor? I dont know why people insist on thinking this. There are people with supercharged LS1 on here making more powre than torque. But look at my dyno chart. 416 rwhp and 454ftlb from 3600rpm till 8000rpm redline. We are not talking about d16 sohc honda motors here, V8 are not the only ones that make a considerable amount of torque. If you wanted a motor that produces a **** load of torque, he should've swapped a diesel then.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Displacement is thrown out the window when a turbo is thrown in. This is why you see civics yanking supercharged viper and twin 350z yanking cobras.

Who said you will make more torque if you have a larger motor? I dont know why people insist on thinking this. There are people with supercharged LS1 on here making more powre than torque. But look at my dyno chart. 416 rwhp and 454ftlb from 3600rpm till 8000rpm redline. We are not talking about d16 sohc honda motors here, V8 are not the only ones that make a considerable amount of torque. If you wanted a motor that produces a **** load of torque, he should've swapped a diesel then.
I think they were refering to NA set ups were a small displacment motor will be at a disadvantage
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMmexican
I think they were refering to NA set ups were a small displacment motor will be at a disadvantage

Dotstereo suggested that, being a larger motor, will be best suited for drifting, becuase of superior torque advantage.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dotstereo suggested that, being a larger motor, will be best suited for drifting, becuase of superior torque advantage.
werent the top 3 cars in D1 drifing all domestics?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

What the **** are you talking about?
Classic 25PSI bullshit.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by burnzilla
What the **** are you talking about?
Classic 25PSI bullshit.
yeah that made no sense
Old 01-31-2007, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMmexican
werent the top 3 cars in D1 drifing all domestics?
Something like that. I don't really keep up with drifting but I know MOPAR has been doign really well with Sam Hubinette in the Viper. I think Rhys Millen won the championship with the GTO. There are also a few mustangs that perform well, in addition to ls1 swapped cars. Mike Peters or 'bubba drift' is actually on ls1tech (I think his name is Mikespeed95 or something) and used to have a magnacharged ls1 el camino and now has a 240sx + ls1 I believe.

25psi, to say that displacement is thrown out the window when turbos (or any forced induction for that matter) are added, is much too general a statement to have any merit. While displacement is certainly not the end-all way to make power, if you add the same type of forced induction to any two motors, displacement will play a large part. You also mention how there are people on here with supercharged cars making more power than torque; although I have yet to conclude how that pertains to the topic.

I am not arguing that torque wins races or is how you can judge a car, but for the particular event of drifting, it plays a crucial role. Furthermore, when talking about 'potential,' power is easier to make than torque, especially when talking about torque down low (See s2ks, or the stereotypical Supra dyno). In addition to that, you reference your own car's hp/tq level, suggesting that it is more than adequate. While it is impressive, it is only one car, and not neccesarily enough for an arguement of 'v8's aren't the only things that can make torque'. There are handful of NA cars on this site that can make the same numbers you can.

As far as 'see civics yanking supercharged viper and twin 350z yanking cobras' I have yet to see a civic take down a supercharged Viper, but I don't doubt that it is possible. However, I have yet to see a twin 350z yanking a Hellion Cobra, or a TT Ford GT. How about a civic takin down a Heffner Viper? I'm sure you've seen the video on this site with the Turbo TA.

I don't mean to flame or argue, I only got into this discussion becuase you mentioned how you would rather put an rb26 in the car than an ls1. If power or torque are thrown out of the equation (since many motors can make both), then the only thing it comes down to is preference. I like the ls1 turbo swap in a Skyline becuase it is a rare occurance, and involves creative engineering and isn't that ingenuity what aftermarket modifications to cars are all about?

Different strokes for different folks. I'd just prefer mine stroked AND blown.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dotstereo
I like the ls1 turbo swap in a Skyline becuase it is a rare occurance, and involves creative engineering and isn't that ingenuity what aftermarket modifications to cars are all about?
I also like it because it pi$$es the F*** out of all of the import fanboy ers who think the RB26DET is the holy grail of all autodom powerplants. What would be better yet, I'm hoping someone drops a worked LS7 into a MKIV!! WOW, imagine the nuclear bombs going off in the import lovers' camps when someone disses their "GAWD ALMIGHTY" 2JZGTE!!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I cant think of any other engine out there thats been swapped into so may differnt types of car/trucks. LSX swap FTW!