Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My Z06 vs 470rwhp 03 Cobravs Katana 600

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clear this up.....

Our friend jeremy ran shannon (c6 z06) also, with my camera, and it was on that same video. Its hard to tell unless you look, but both of the races were filmed from the car opposite the Z. The first race was me in my car on motor vs the Z, and the other races where you cant see the Z very well are against a 610rwhp Whipple cobra.

I used two different cameramen, the one who filmed the runs against the whipple was a first timer, and didnt know what he was doing.

Just thought id clarify, carry on.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
Just to clear this up.....

Our friend jeremy ran shannon (c6 z06) also, with my camera, and it was on that same video. Its hard to tell unless you look, but both of the races were filmed from the car opposite the Z. The first race was me in my car on motor vs the Z, and the other races where you cant see the Z very well are against a 610rwhp Whipple cobra.

I used two different cameramen, the one who filmed the runs against the whipple was a first timer, and didnt know what he was doing.

Just thought id clarify, carry on.
Nice car man.

What kinda numbers does your car put down on motor?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Teching In

My old 04 cobra made 469 rwhp an 475 rwt an i ran 12.1 1/4 at 116, so i thank the vette could be stock
Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mike#9
Well....his car is not making 470rwhp then...cuz there is no way that it would have had that outcome.

And yes they do trap that....including my brothers that has shitty sumitomo tires in the rear, and only makes 447rwhp and 494rwtq. I have personally driven his car 120mph in the 1/4....timeslip to prove it. A nice 2.0 60ft....with a 12.1 et at a little over 120. At the SHITTIEST TRACK in the world.....Orlando Speed World.

My car makes around 430-450. I can drive pretty well...and my brother is decent, and I cannot keep up with his car from a roll. I have gone 119 in the 1/4. I have beat many of stock Z06's in my car.

Cobra's weigh a little more than 3600 lbs. I dont see how you can make up the 100-120 rwhp and probable 130-160 rwtq difference by just having a 500lb lighter car.

I just have never seen a stock Z06 even pull a cammed fbody (and have witnessed dozens of races)....much less a h/c f bod or 03' cobra.

Great vid, and you represent well. Just hard to believe.....and if you read this post....I am not the only one who thinks so.
im not arguing with anyone on here, it is pointless, of course some will call B.S., thats fine, the owner dynoed his car, knows what it makes, mycar is stock, and you can argue the fact all day, the cobra still lost. Im not upset at all, i knew there would be b.s. called on it, after all the owner was shocked as all hell as with the guy driving with him. The problem is everyone says "ive raced so and so, and ive seen this vid and that vid" who gives a ****, since you are close, you could come to jax, or we could meet in between and on a friendly basis run since you can undoubtedly pull a stock C5 Z06. If you are making around the same power as this cobra, i guarantee you the race will be about the same as the vid of this cobra. You can look my car up and down if you like, spend as much time doing it as you want. And as i said before, you can have the car if you so much as find a mod besides the filter.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Hey Speedinjection this is the guy from Deltona with the LS1 Car,As much as I hate to say it cuz you got me by a car and a half in your stock z06,here's a little support to help prove that your car just may be stock with a filter .11.9 @118 aint bad for a stock car.Wellll back in 03,LoL!!!The new Z06's are just tooo damn fast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/647355-11-sec-03-stock-z06-k-n-bfg.html

Hey a few friends and I are thinking of coming back up there soon I'll let you know when.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fadi
Nice car man.

What kinda numbers does your car put down on motor?

Old 01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPEEDinjection
im not arguing with anyone on here, it is pointless, of course some will call B.S., thats fine, the owner dynoed his car, knows what it makes, mycar is stock, and you can argue the fact all day, the cobra still lost. Im not upset at all, i knew there would be b.s. called on it, after all the owner was shocked as all hell as with the guy driving with him. The problem is everyone says "ive raced so and so, and ive seen this vid and that vid" who gives a ****, since you are close, you could come to jax, or we could meet in between and on a friendly basis run since you can undoubtedly pull a stock C5 Z06. If you are making around the same power as this cobra, i guarantee you the race will be about the same as the vid of this cobra. You can look my car up and down if you like, spend as much time doing it as you want. And as i said before, you can have the car if you so much as find a mod besides the filter.
I would love to meet up and run...but my car is not yet ready to beat the crap out of it. Once I get it fixed, then I would have no problems trying to make some time to meet up.

Run a search on me to see that I am not b.s.'ing about my car being down. Not making excuses....

Again, your car runs great and pulls hard. But as you can see, I was not the only one to have a hard time swallowing it. A dozen people have already thought so in this post, and tons more through pm.

You obviously won, and showed well for yourself.....please don't take it as a shot at you personally. There is just too much internet racing that has gone on, and people being full of ****.....or gray areas about a car's mods.............ya know what I mean

I just have seen quite a bit of the exact oposite that I was skeptical.

No hard feelings on my end
Old 01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Teching In

I would love to meet up and run...but my car is not yet ready to beat the crap out of it. Once I get it fixed, then I would have no problems trying to make some time to meet up.

Run a search on me to see that I am not b.s.'ing about my car being down. Not making excuses....

Again, your car runs great and pulls hard. But as you can see, I was not the only one to have a hard time swallowing it. A dozen people have already thought so in this post, and tons more through pm.

You obviously won, and showed well for yourself.....please don't take it as a shot at you personally. There is just too much internet racing that has gone on, and people being full of ****.....or gray areas about a car's mods.............ya know what I mean

I just have seen quite a bit of the exact oposite that I was skeptical.

No hard feelings on my end
sounds good ls1ified
i hear you man, its all good. No personal shots taken in any way. I promise you im the last person that would be gray on my part as far as mods to my car go though, car is stock, and ill run anyone to prove it if need be, i was just throwing the vid up there for yalls enjoyment
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Hey Hey Hey.....

Again.....NO way that the Z06 is stock.........fast but not stock!!!!!!
but it is, come check it out for yourself
Old 01-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

....and you are telling me that a 470+ cobra that probably makes more than 500rwtq cant pull a 03 Z06??????
It certainly can, but that doesn't mean that it would. Mine went 11.29 @ 123mph as I recall with 460rwhp. I've caught plenty of Z06's off guard
at that power level. I can easily see how a Z06 would be on the winning
end of a race with a 470rwhp Cobra though.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe it was stock. I have seen cam only camaros beat 470rwhp cobras. I have also been in a Z06 with blackwing and LT's while he beat a 470rwhp cobra. Like said above big weight difference.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Pimp

What needs to be said is that the Cobra should not have lost, but it did to this guys "stock" car.. Happens all the time unfortunately, some people just get turds and others get ringers. That guy has a turd, the Z06 must be a ringer.. Also what are you cobra guys doing to get such low TQ numbers? at 470rwhp I was at 500rwtq, and it has stayed above that since.. Not ragging on your cars, but that seems a bit low.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _Zac
some people just get turds and others get ringers.
I don't believe that. Poor performance can usually be chalked up to lack
of driving skills, bad tune, etc.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by unit213
I don't believe that. Poor performance can usually be chalked up to lack
of driving skills, bad tune, etc.
That is normally the case, but I have seen several Cobras / LS1's that fall under the turd status, both from the factory and after tunes..
Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I want to race the Z06. Maybe saturday Ryan? And yes it is stock.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Mark, you and the Z06 should be a decent race. The z06 only pulled my car by about 2 cars.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by yellowbird1232
What do ya have buddy,just curious ?

peace
Old 02-02-2007, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

He has a ls6 with a MS4 6 speed CETA
Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yellowbird1232
sounds good man, we can arrange that...see you sat, new vid is always good
Old 02-03-2007, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

Ryan I'm trying to get some people to meet up and go from a stop, you down?