Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

pics of blowdown, pins, finished bottle & controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of blowdown, pins, finished bottle & controller

That and how about some nighttime gauges pics!!

The ones I took with the rocker switches all lit for "CC ARM" "IC PUMP" "NOS HEAT" "NOS ARM" were still screwed up? I give up, you can get a good idea with these pics and eventually you will see them all along with my LM-1, air duct shift light and center purge in movies I make from the car this coming season..

The trunk is finished, I had to run down a couple of the fasteners I bagged up & then promptly lost, but I found everything and after a good vacuming, it will be ready for the track in April!

More trunk/Battery Box/Bottle plumbing shots.. Everything is threaded up thru grommeted holes and the Ol' money pit has quite a few holes in it now!

No store bought solution for the rear seat delete. A piece of cardboard became the jig, then a circular saw and a few hacks later the carpet from Lou at Laurel Mt. Mustang sent me perfectly matched the OEM carpets that were re-installed minus the sound insulation. I kinda like the looks of the rolled Aluminum firewall, no way I was covering that up!

The hood pins were adjusted with welded nuts to the exact perfect height so considerable force has to be pressed close to the pins so they can slide out. You might think they are WAY too tight if you didn't realize how flexible the fiberglass hood is! I didn't attch the plastic covered retension wires, they are more for keeping you from loosing the pins, than a safety measure and the OEM latch assembly has removed to save weight.

I no longer thread the lead for the LM-1 up thru the shifter boot, it now has it's own grommeted hole into the passenger foot well area. A custom mount for the LM-1 is in the planning! Also pictured is the connection for the SCT old school Raptor datalogger. On the street I will have my custom Flame etched fire extinquisher, but unless it is permently attached as part of a fire retardant system, it is not NHRA legal, so I will pull it out for race days.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

thats looks bad *** what are all the mods? i cant wait to see the #'s
Old 02-11-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn looks like an airplane cockpit
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

im really liking this setup...keep up the good work
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by My01SSCamaro
thats looks bad *** what are all the mods? i cant wait to see the #'s
way too many to list here and bore the Chebbie guys. Basically it is the stock Cobra block with a modified stock blower that I am over-spinning by about 50% plus the juice. I have all the PIA saftey mods like steel bellhousing, full race RAM clutch and every HP supporting mod to switch to an oversize SCT MAF and 60lb siemens injectors. Solid 9" moser solid trick race rear with a locker and 3.50's and drag shocks all around. I'm still waiting on an underneath style anti-roll bar setup that will let me run my exhaust over the axles. I have done some weight reduction but it has a full interior ala Pro Stock rules. I tune it myself with a SCT racer licensed software using a LM-1 WB and an SCT Raptor datalogger.

poke around my website and you can read more about everything I have done to this money pit in the last 2 years! It is missing some of the stuff I have done since hunting season late last fall but I'll get it all updated with these new pictures before long.
>> 04snake.com <<