Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Single turbo LS1 (13 psi) vs. Single turbo supra (21psi & meth)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex_632
yeah and so what? 90% of the time in those vids its a supra on kill with a much larger turbo then a pte67. most of the time its a 74mm turbo or bigger on race gas at 30+psi of boost. they are making more power then most h/c cam 150 shot ls1's are so it damn sure better win in a roll race. i'm a big fan of a supra's, but it's just a fact. but your fanboyism has shown in most of the posts i've seen you make. you couldn't even tell a single turbo supra from a stock twin one in one video.

Well you ls1 fanboys need to grow some nuts and shut the hell up, if your going to set there and complain what the supra owner has. Is it there fault the blocks are good for 900+rwhp? You show one f'n video and you guys are so "Happy" ! Trust me, its not the norm. Furthermore, Ive seen plenty of 67mm turbos, owning more than 150 shot, plus bolt on ls1 camaro. 67's are plenty enough to make 6-700hp with
Old 08-25-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pssonu
Well you ls1 fanboys need to grow some nuts and shut the hell up, if your going to set there and complain what the supra owner has. Is it there fault the blocks are good for 900+rwhp? You show one f'n video and you guys are so "Happy" ! Trust me, its not the norm. Furthermore, Ive seen plenty of 67mm turbos, owning more than 150 shot, plus bolt on ls1 camaro. 67's are plenty enough to make 6-700hp with
and their 6-700hp is good for low 12s
Old 08-25-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GOD DAMMIT your a douchebag
Old 08-25-2007, 10:49 PM
master of the "jack"stand

I better sell my LS1 car and get a Supra. I hate my 27 MPG, 420 RWHP car.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

you are talking to me as if i do not know anything about supra's. you are retarded dude. i know EXACTLY what a damn supra is capable of. i live in a city full of some of the baddest in the country, the world's fastest irs supra is 4 hours away from me. i hang around and talk with 100's of supra owners each year at the national supra meet here in houston. i know what i'm talking about. and i'll say this to you, who cares about a damn highway race. that's what you see in most video's these days from most everybody not just supra guys. the video's of supra's that impress me, involve road racing or at the drag strip, or even the occasional guys who get down and dirty from a stop on the street. mashing a gas pedal from a rolling start in a straight line doesn't impress me at all. sorry if that offends a lot of people, and i understand that it's a lot easier to do that type of a race, but that's just my opinion. so don't sit here like i'm a rookie i've raced and been racing for a while now and know what goes on and how things work.

here's an example of an impressive supra/driver (mostly the driver). from STOP on the street vs 2 bikes. screw 600hp this guys making about 200-300 more to the wheels, and getting it to hook from a stop. that impresses me.

http://media.putfile.com/tonyvsbikes
Old 08-26-2007, 02:37 AM
TECH Pimp

Nice vid.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Apex_632
you are talking to me as if i do not know anything about supra's. you are retarded dude. i know EXACTLY what a damn supra is capable of. i live in a city full of some of the baddest in the country, the world's fastest irs supra is 4 hours away from me. i hang around and talk with 100's of supra owners each year at the national supra meet here in houston. i know what i'm talking about. and i'll say this to you, who cares about a damn highway race. that's what you see in most video's these days from most everybody not just supra guys. the video's of supra's that impress me, involve road racing or at the drag strip, or even the occasional guys who get down and dirty from a stop on the street. mashing a gas pedal from a rolling start in a straight line doesn't impress me at all. sorry if that offends a lot of people, and i understand that it's a lot easier to do that type of a race, but that's just my opinion. so don't sit here like i'm a rookie i've raced and been racing for a while now and know what goes on and how things work.

here's an example of an impressive supra/driver (mostly the driver). from STOP on the street vs 2 bikes. screw 600hp this guys making about 200-300 more to the wheels, and getting it to hook from a stop. that impresses me.

http://media.putfile.com/tonyvsbikes

UMMMM Im in Houston!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
and their 6-700hp is good for low 12s

Yea, try taking a 5-600hp ls1 with street tires and see what you run.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Pimp

Yea, try taking a 5-600hp ls1 with street tires and see what you run.
Assuming ET streets are street tires..

Low tens would be my guess, but that's only if it's a 6 speed and full weight.

If not DR's will get you high tens with a good driver.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by _Zac
Assuming ET streets are street tires..

Low tens would be my guess, but that's only if it's a 6 speed and full weight.

If not DR's will get you high tens with a good driver.
Maybe on the internet...
Old 08-26-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Pimp

That's a dumb thing to say seeing the company you keep on this board.

That's what they run. 500 rwhp = high tens on et streets NO PROBLEM!

600 rwhp = LOW tens with traction. This is full weight not some racecar. It's no secret guys. Sure there are a lot of people that can't drive, so rightfully they assume because they can't drive everyone else can't, but that's not the case here. LS1's run those times period.

Last edited by _Zac; 08-26-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Pimp

Also, who's twisting the supra owners arm saying they can't have anything but street tires? No one.. They have trouble hooking, but believe me it isn't because of the tires they select.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by _Zac
Also, who's twisting the supra owners arm saying they can't have anything but street tires? No one.. They have trouble hooking, but believe me it isn't because of the tires they select.
Zac you are forgetting the golden rule of LS1Tech:
**** > anything not LSX powered......
Old 08-26-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

I don't see what the problem is, the guy posted a video we all enjoy watching. Those are 2 bad-*** cars who gives a **** what they are. Yes there are just as many videos of supras beating american cars, as are there american cars bitch slapping supras. The thing is this is LS1TECH, not supra forums! The same way you go on a mustang forum, your going to see mostly videos of mustangs beating on cars. Same as supra forums or any other car forum your going to see that forum specific car beating on others (except for maybe the honda sites where theres one fast one and the rest are just modded with the whistling muffler and lambo doors). Don't get me wrong yes you have alot of ignorant people that can't seem to thikn out of the box, and just down grade everything thats not LSx powered. But also remember many of the supra owners are cocky son of bitches who think their car was built by god. Yeah great their block can handle 900rwhp, but at what point do they start having to run a higher grade of fuel to be able to make that much horsepower? So yet many may be 900hp monsters, catch them on a day when they aren't running 100+ octance and you got just another 500-600hp car. Again im not bashing them cause 600hp still is alot, but it isn't the 900hp they claim to be able to make.
-Joel

**Ok guys back on top, yes that is a fantastic video always enjoy watching it**
Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

UMMMM Im in Houston!
well then we're both lucky enough to be around some of the fastest supra's in the country/world. not only just that some of the fastest street cars period.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:18 AM

Just for reference on the power vs. ET argument here. My buddy ran an 11.36 with 360 RWHP, 4000 stall, stock suspension, and M/T drag radials in his 2001 T/A.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
Just for reference on the power vs. ET argument here. My buddy ran an 11.36 with 360 RWHP, 4000 stall, stock suspension, and M/T drag radials in his 2001 T/A.
.....mph?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:56 AM
14 Second Truck Club

.....mph?
Probably NOT 135+!!!

I would guess high 1-teens, but the ET is what matters.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

What Im saying is. How many times do you see supras losing to a car that traps way way less or has a better et?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Trap was 115. It is a heads/cam car with 2.73 gears. 60' was 1.58.

A supra or any car will lose EVERY TIME to a car with a better ET. Races are point to point measured by elapsed time whether it is 1/4 mile or a roll race on the highway. Top speed at the end of the event does not matter...I'm sure you know this so I don't know what the point of your last post is.

Quick Reply: Single turbo LS1 (13 psi) vs. Single turbo supra (21psi & meth)